Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Vid]Amusing physics

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I wish physics in school were something like this o_O

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
WOW the last one was absolutly amazing!

i didnt quiet get it but still... nice stuff.

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's why I love physics. =p The only thing I don't get is how they got that magnet to hover with liquid nitrogen.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i can understand it in THEORY but exacly wut it is... no idea...

my theory: When the nitrogen touches the metal, it cools its temperature to the absolute zero point or -273 C. So the particules are frozen and dont move or do but just a lil and only the electrons do. The rest dont rly know, but could tell that it acts like a SOUTH to NORTH magnet in some way.

Real explanation:
Superconductivity is a phenomenon observed in several metals and ceramic materials. When these materials are cooled to temperatures ranging from near absolute zero (-459 degrees Fahrenheit, 0 degrees Kelvin, -273 degrees Celsius) to liquid nitrogen temperatures (-321 F, 77 K, -196 C), they have no electrical resistance. The temperature at which electrical resistance is zero is called the critical temperature (Tc) and varies with the individual material.

Because these materials have no electrical resistance, meaning electrons can travel through them freely, they can carry large amounts of electrical current for long periods of time without losing energy as heat. Superconducting loops of wire have been shown to carry electrical currents for several years with no measurable loss.

I was almost right :D

More scientifical explantion:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There were many interesting vids on that site :p Makes me think of things I wanna do in school instead of playing with cheap things :(

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Physics in the world is amazing and new things are discovered like those things in the videos shown here that can help in the world. Like the liquid nitrogen and the magnets, that system is used in maglev trains, otherwise without creating a superconductor it would be almost impossible to provide the money to keep a train hovering above the tracks, the liquid nitrogen makes it cheap.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That was pretty cool actually. I liked some of those experiments and I have one of those magnetic levitation toys (the one where the video was removed).

I guess the speaker one at the end was a demonstration of the salt (or sugar or whatever it was) following the vibrations of the standing waves produced at certain frequencies across the board that it's on. Nice :)

Back