Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos Vip rank!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Heya all, i searched evrywhere and don't find... i want to make VIP and GOD ranks, whit commands... in mangos...if any1 know how or have any guide please help me!! and too if can modify commands

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
First we need to know what the hell you mean by "ranks."

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, he might mean GM ranks. If that is what you mean, going off the top of my head since I don't have any servers installed right now, I think you would first need to create the GM ranks.

But first you must decide what commands you want those ranks to be allowed to use since the security levels for commands go by a single rank (That rank and all above), for example ".character erase" can only be used to rank 4 GMs (Highest) and ".character level" can only be used by rank 3 and higher GMs.

Once you've figured out what commands you want those ranks to be allowed to use, you'd need to edit whatever file in the core, I don't know which and add those ranks but you will also need to change the higher rank ID's to 2 ranks higher (Or however many ranks you've added). That's the hard part.

Once you've done that, it's as simple as editing the account_access table in the realmd database so the accounts with the associated ID are of the new rank. Now you need to edit the commands table in the world database so those new ranks can use the commands, remember, you have to increase all the higher ranks security by 2 (Or however many ranks you've added), for example, if your new ranks are 2 and 3, any command with a security level or 4 must now be increased to 6.

Kinda confusing, huh? It may be easier or it may be harder because I am not 100% sure on all of this.

To be honest, it would be so much easier if you just pretend rank 4 is "God" and rank 1 or 2 is "VIP."

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Darkicon, that's is what i want to do, now i need to know, what i need to modify exactly u say me ''whatever file in the core'', but what file is that?xD

Now i have other question, i want to create or modify comands, like in mangos (that emu im using) is only allowed to .mod speed 10, i want to put it more to .mod speed 50, how i do that?

Thanks for help ;)

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
I just took a look at the source and as far as modifying the variable for the ".modify aspeed #" command, you'll need to edit the line at line #976 for the command at line #968 in src/game/Level1.cpp:

Code:
//Edit Player Aspeed
bool ChatHandler::HandleModifyASpeedCommand(char* args)
{
    if (!*args)
        return false;

float modSpeed = (float)atof(args);

if (modSpeed > 10 || modSpeed < 0.1) ///<Change the 10 in this line to what you want>
    {
        SendSysMessage(LANG_BAD_VALUE);
        SetSentErrorMessage(true);
        return false;
    }

Player *chr = getSelectedPlayer();
    if (chr == NULL)
    {
        SendSysMessage(LANG_NO_CHAR_SELECTED);
        return false;
    }

// check online security
    if (HasLowerSecurity(chr))
        return false;

std::string chrNameLink = GetNameLink(chr);

if(chr->IsTaxiFlying())
    {
        PSendSysMessage(LANG_CHAR_IN_FLIGHT,chrNameLink.c_str());
        return false;
    }

PSendSysMessage(LANG_YOU_CHANGE_ASPEED, modSpeed, chrNameLink.c_str());
    if (needReportToTarget(chr))
        ChatHandler(chr).PSendSysMessage(LANG_YOURS_ASPEED_CHANGED, GetNameLink().c_str(), modSpeed);

chr->UpdateSpeed(MOVE_WALK, true, modSpeed);
    chr->UpdateSpeed(MOVE_RUN, true, modSpeed);
    chr->UpdateSpeed(MOVE_SWIM, true, modSpeed);
    //chr->UpdateSpeed(MOVE_TURN, true, modSpeed);
    chr->UpdateSpeed(MOVE_FLIGHT, true, modSpeed);
    return true;
}

There's probably a good reason why you can only modify the speed to 10, my guess, any faster and it will end up crashing the server.

I'm still not sure about what file you need to edit to add custom ranks but now that I'm looking at the source, I think it will be a hell of a lot harder than I thought since there are files for each rank. So you'd probably need to write those files as well, and you'd need to edit the security levels in Chat.cpp and most likely a few other files. Tt's way beyond me since I really don't know the inner workings of the MaNGOS core and I'm not well versed in C++.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you alot! Now, if u can say me where is the src/game/Level1.cpp im going to love you! xD, i know that time ago but now i don't renemba =/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where is that? xD, exactly where i need to go, in folder mangos, in db?? where?_?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay i downloaded, the mangos-mangos-v.016-dev2-0-gd6b3da1.zip, where i put it? in the folder where is the emu?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pff i need recomplie...thats hard for me... Can u put any link to a guide to compile mangos? please

Back