• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

vista/XP HD problem

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok wat ive basically got is vista and XP dual booted (XP first) and its all running fine, really well. the only problem i have with vista is that its showing my XP harddrive as drive D, but i dont want my XP drive to even show in vista. is there i was i can stop it from doing that?

thanks

Reaction score
Nope. Vista will read the XP partition and place it as the D drive as Vista is configured to always be displayed as C.

And why can't you just leave it like that? Doesn't hurt anything.

NoPeace - out

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yep, there is no official way to hide that part of the drive. Its the way Microsoft has worked it in.. they want users to be able to transfer files between the two, and keep as much compatability between the two as possible.. hence, being able to work through the drives on both operating systems at once.

Back