Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Vps server

Reaction score
did anyobody use a vps server?...

did you like it?

i have a friend who wants to host something , as i remember a server witch doesn't need so much ram... but i do not know if the vps is good for him...

any info?

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Personally i'm not keen on the idea, I prefer it to be standalone and physical. Whats he using it for?

Lewis.

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i used vps for Maplestory its pretty decent but depends on the hoster

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Depends. How many application are you running? Which O/S are you going for? CentOS or Windows?

And yes, I own a Windows 2003 VPS server, but it was crappy. I don't recommend VPSLand.com.

Reaction score
btw i see many host companies with 10 mbit and 100 mbit connection..

my opinion is that 100 mbit is fake... did anybody had a machine with over than 10 mbit connection?

Ex-Mod
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've run a runescape server on a VPS from a company called Canaca. The companies site sucks, but it turns out to be very good. I still use the VPS for other things.

They install a control panel, VHCS2, if you select Debian Linux as your operating system.

It's great for what you get for the price.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i run vps servers and ill tell you it depends on the cpu, ram, and net speed. i personally ordered a 100 mbit unmetered line and didnt get any speed boost from it, before had 10 mbit unmetered line. VPSland is a pile of crap for what vps should offer. VPS for a private server? Yeah itll work, look for a vps with 1-2 gig ram and a 30% or above cpu usage restriction. also inquire how many vps they fit on each server, and then search the interne tfor a review on the vps service, question both good and bad reviews.

Reaction score
I use a dedi

It's the same poop as a VPS

Anyways, all you do is use Remote Access, and its pretty much you do what you want, if your using a windows vps then do what you would do what your comp

Install the server etc

Good part is no portforwarding :D

Back