Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web Based Maple Story

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I saw the project that johncintron made which is a beautiful basic start for a web client.
I did 2 weeks of pure programming to continue it, to maybe achieve my dream of playing it everywhere (and mostly on iPhone)

Would someone be interested in continuing my project?

I did used johncintron original code and added lot's of stuff to it like:
1. Normal Portal are working
2. Walking is working
3. Ropes working with bugs
4. Monsters are showing including walking and working health bar
5. The player can Attack Monsters with damage indicator working (currently only arrows or throwing stars can hit monsters)
6. The player can level up after killing monsters
7. The stats menu is fully working with the original calculations for attack etc..
8. Converted to Typescript! (Still the code have lot's of "any" but after like 12 hours straight of converting it, now it's much easier to develop)
9. Full screen is working (which looks very cool on a full web page)
10. Added touch controller for basic movement (still need work cause you can only move the player without jumping etc..)

If some of you will be interested in continuing my project I'll open source it)

The reason I'm brining this up now is because of Yeou sadly closing their servers. Yeou is another web based MapleStory project, which is an amazing project by fox and woof.

here the Github url (Sorry for the delay)

Please work here and create pull requests to make sure we all work together

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I think with recent events from the yeou server that Nexon is still actively looking to shut down modern innovations to old versions. Be careful.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi. I'm very interesting your project. Will you have any plan to make it open source?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I Can make it open source, it will take some time to make sure it's not related to me in any way

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Look forward to it! hope can see in github soon. keep up the good work bro.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I really hope I can help, MapleStory is my favorite game and I consider myself as a good developer this idea is great let's make a web client, is there any estimation of when will it be available open source?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
give me another week (I'm very carefully checking stuff to make sure I'm not missing anything that might be related to me. If you know any better way to do it, it would be more then great)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
give me another week (I'm very carefully checking stuff to make sure I'm not missing anything that might be related to me. If you know any better way to do it, it would be more then great)
Open source with a no responsibility MIT license clause.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think we are all waiting for it dedicated to help and develop the game

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, just uploaded it to GitHub and found another person who will be interested to join us
Wow this work is amazing I'm gonna try contribute as much as I can and maybe one day we will be able to actually connect it to an actualy ms server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Very interestingļ¼Œdo you use the unity to edit the projecte or others?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how can i make my wz file to json,Can you recommend the tools you use

Back