Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web hosting + domain name from same host?

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been looking into web hosting and a domain name for obvious reasons.

Now, I wanted to order web hosting from godaddy.com cause they seem to have a good deal and well, for easy and lazy reasons, why not go with a domain name too?

Then I read somewhere that, when hosts offer you like, 1 free domain name for a year, they can claim that domain name for some reasons resulting in you having to buy it back for big money..
(Just read that somewhere o-o)..

Tho it got me thinking and well yeh, should I order the domain name with the same host? If so, should I order it together with my web hosting (they give a 1 year discount for 1,39$ or smthing) or order it separately?

And if not, what would be a better provider of domain names? Only one requirement for it: a private WHOIS.

Thank you for your opinions and I'm not sure if this whole thread or statement is bs but I had to check it before ordering anything.

Reaction score
I use godaddy.com for hosting and domain name purchase. I just bought a domain name and hosting from them a week or so ago, been using them for a few years.

I can't really say I've enjoyed the service with them though.

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mind explaining that to me?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why would you buy at godaddy really ?

Seeing that you're a fellow dutchy, you should just get some dutch hosting.

Some dutch webhosting sites I can recommend from personal experience are:

And free pretty much means free with these hosters. I've gotten lots of free domains with hosting plans. They're free for the first year, and you can renew them after that for the regular price. No need to "buy" them or anything.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I bought my domain from godaddy and am using nfoservers.com for my webhosting.

Back