Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What games server could I setup on this machine?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello all RageZone members.

I have got 2x Intel® Xeon® E5-2630 v3 (2.40 GHz Base / 3.20 GHz Turbo) processors and 128GB DDR4 RAM memory (cannot remember memory speed).
I was thinking to maybe buy Dual Socket Motherboard and build a Game Server Machine.

The questions are:
1. What games servers could I setup on machine with specs above?
2. What are the capabilities of this kind of machine? One game server or maybe two game servers simultaneously?

I always wanted to have own MuOnline server, but is it legal?

Thank you for any advice.

Regards.

Reaction score
That could run a good amount of various things! I don't personally know anything about MuOnline but I do know that server could host "Perfect World" (PW). It could also host MineCraft. Counter-Strike (just about any version), L4D, etc "Source" games we'll say.

The server certainly seems of good specs, not too far off what I'm looking at getting next. Don't forget, even more importantly than these server specs, will be bandwidth. That will depend on what you exactly want to do with it: IE: will it be a small server, IE for development or testing, or family/friends ~ or will it be a (hopefully) "huge" server with as many people on as you can attract? This will depend on whether you may want to host it at home, or COLO it at a data center! "Small" servers for development and or testing and or family and friends to "tinker" or "mess around" on, a home connection should suffice. If you want to attract say "thousands" of players, you may want to ship that thing off to a data-center for some colocation (especially if you anticipate that many users online simultaneously)... .. .

Hope this helps!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello

I noticed that you're interested, in exploring game server choices for your machine. The hardware specifications you provided appear to be quite good. You might want to think about configuring game servers such as Minecraft, Counter Strike; Global Offensive (CS;GO) or even a private server, for World of Warcraft. These games have communities. Tend to perform well on your system. Just ensure that you optimize the server settings to ensure gameplay. If you have any inquiries regarding setting up a game server feel free to ask!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good day, if you are open for partnership with your Virtual Machine, we can discuss it and maybe, an agreement.

Back