Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What mods have you done to your server?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since I got the itch to play the game again I went back to the basic roots where I started with v6.0.7, then v6.3 and where i ended up in versions I dont know :) Think I have a mix of code up to v6.5 on my 32bit server.

I like the vanilla original feel to the game, not so much the custom hard core mods not seen on officials. But there was a lot of things on the original that just bugged me so I slowly started changing things so you didnt need 10 years to achieve everything.

Since it is only a couple of friends and myself and most time just me there is a fair bit stuff you can't normally do solo, like HoS, Tomb of Seven Heros.

So I been doing little mods here and there to make it interesting or usable for my mates and I to play.

Mods I've done are:
A: Changed the Strat for HOS to be Solo if you are a warden or Duo for most other classes, increased the timer for the crystals to give you time to change to an alt and run around. Changed TOSH to be a Solo Strat for Boss1 and 3, changed boss 2 so the mobs dont spawn, just impossible to solo and guide a healer alt in time behind shields.
B: Changed all mini game rewards to give more shells (all games = 1000 shell a day), and the rewards from chests give things like clean puri's from T6 to T14 (random and rare), removed the annoying knock down from center stick in one of the mini games, changed the timer from 5 mins to 10 min for Ancient Treasures, All chests open in 1sec not 5sec, Andor gives 5 poms as a reward if you get an almost perfect score. The mimic in Goblins gives mana stones and mana stone packs up to T14 (like after this isnt much change so why not make it more possible)
C: House maids not 100% free like my old mod, this time talking uses 5 energy not 15, buffs use 10 energy not 25.
D: Added code to the Event NPCs for gifts to also increase the Dura of one worn it by +1, 4 event NPCs so 4 time per day, Dura max set to 150 insteand of the 120.
E: Modified the NPCs for clearing debt to allow you more then once per day (only if you talk to the XP to TP NPC - little trick I dont think my mates know of yet).
F: Changed the pets to assist in combat aprox once every minute which includes the buff from the pet, changed their attribute increase values from 0.05 to 0.5 (did this so over time your own stats get bigger from the pet buffs instead of making custom stats/gear), changed the talk time from 1 hour to 3 mins so with pet auto event your bet will increase quicker. (original was just stupidly slow)
G: Made encyclopedias heaps faster ( Most read speeds are 1-5 seconds depending on the book, defense book is 10x buffed, so for the first time my play time you can actually get that skill maxed )
H: Changed the guild farms from 60s to 1s, just to save time.
I: Roaming and farming nodes you get better buffs (XP/TP random rewards up to 1mil - good when you first start out), when you gathered 100 items ALL previous buffs remain so you end up with 6 buffs, so 8x farming basically, reward makes it worth the time to roam and farm.
J: And for giggles when you spawn a pet or change zones the pet can randomly be 1/4 size or 1/2 size, or normal size to 2x size (just to be annoying).
K: Warden pets are 1/3 size, they were just too big if you ask me.
L: Fixed the dwarf quest chain if you change race from human or elf over to dwarf and you will have the quest chain available for shield form.

Think that was it. So curious what mods you guys have done to your servers. I didnt want the game to take multiple years to get up there as end game, and I made the grind part I think more interesting.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice, some of our big things have been

- a shop in varanas central selling tons of useful stuff for gold (plussers, clean tier stones, runes, wings, puris, poms, lots more), some of it is very expensive
- added drops to some bosses that are chests that when opened give 5-15m gold
- npc in varanas central that can key you for dungeons (hoto, dl so far, we are still at 60)
- made hos duoable
- added an item that destroys a card in a certain inventory slot if present and summons the monster to fight for you for 1 min, just for fun haha, somewhat buggy
- made unbridled enthusiasm never expire
- allow battlemonk to wear chain, custom healing chain sets

Probably a bunch I'm forgetting

Back