Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What was the GM bypass method for client?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know there was a method to get GM rights on a RaiderZ private server by using a customized launcher.
Does anyone know how this exactly worked? Does it still work?
I think the exploit was to use an modified alpha launcher, because you had to hex edit the ip address on the private server, then you could use GM rights on the server.
How was this possible, wasn't there a GM permission check in the backend? Did the backend not check if the user was GM in the database?
Just curious how this worked.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I know there was a method to get GM rights on a RaiderZ private server by using a customized launcher.
Does anyone know how this exactly worked? Does it still work?
I think the exploit was to use an modified alpha launcher, because you had to hex edit the ip address on the private server, then you could use GM rights on the server.
How was this possible, wasn't there a GM permission check in the backend? Did the backend not check if the user was GM in the database?
Just curious how this worked.

Hello Jesemos,
Actually every version have a own login code, different ports and etc , alpha client dont work on a V2 or V3 client, for it work you need a hell rework on connection functions, even after do it you can't do nothing because all GM functions got a "Grade" check on serverside(backend) so dont matter which client you're using , if you dont have the GM Grade on database you will not have powers.

Best Regards,
José Lucas

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I think the grade check in the alpha did not work supposedly or the private server gave everyone gm grade by mistake.

Back