Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What's this? [Aquarium Related]

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was going to post this Entertainment, but it was "Videos, Jokes, Pictures!! Anything funny here!" and this isn't really humor.

I'd like to know what this is growing inside the fish tank. It all began with one and now they are everywhere and I have no idea what they are. They seem to grow on anything because they began growing on plastic when all the rocks were filled. Just wondering if anyone can inform me of what they are. lol I'm sorry if the video is unclear, the water is going through a hard time.

If you need anymore information, please, ask.

Reaction score

They are aquarium algae , and just like everything in your aquarium they thrive for food , water , and lightning source. You can control it's growth by reading the article I have linked to above.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I use to keep a lot of fish and its mostly caused by excess light, is the Fish tank in the sun? Algae isn't dangerous, it's bacteria, just HUGE amounts of it. Algae is good bacteria for a fish tank but its not required.

^ Long Time no see Aquarium days ^

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The tank is in the basement of the house so no direct sun light, but I believe the lights for it may be too powerful. xD Is there an easy method to remove all this algae without actually using my hands to remove?

Thank you both and I'll look into this moar.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The tank is in the basement of the house so no direct sun light, but I believe the lights for it may be too powerful. xD Is there an easy method to remove all this algae without actually using my hands to remove?

Thank you both and I'll look into this moar.

Chemicals, Those magnet thing through the glass, It's been a long time since I kept Red Belly Piranhas and an Oscar Chichlid :p

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Chemicals, Those magnet thing through the glass, It's been a long time since I kept Red Belly Piranhas and an Oscar Chichlid :p

That magnet through the glass won't do anything. These things grow on the rocks and they look like it's some sort living thing.. wait.. it's all living. I mean.. er, I can't explain it, but I mean it's not like its just some green algae growing on the screen, they look like things you'd buy. They spread and you can see their roots go inside the rock. It's weird. lol

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I used to have plenty of Gold Fish and Fish Janitors in a Fish Bowl. But every morning I see one of them outside of it.

lol, really no idea how those Gold Fishes got out from the Bowl. Good thing Janitors stays the same.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That magnet through the glass won't do anything. These things grow on the rocks and they look like it's some sort living thing.. wait.. it's all living. I mean.. er, I can't explain it, but I mean it's not like its just some green algae growing on the screen, they look like things you'd buy. They spread and you can see their roots go inside the rock. It's weird. lol

I think you need to buy Algae remover from somewhere.

Reaction score

They are aquarium algae , and just like everything in your aquarium they thrive for food , water , and lightning source. You can control it's growth by reading the article I have linked to above.

Green, also known as Hair, Thread, or Spot algae – This is a normal healthy type of algae that every tank will most likely experience in some degree. As long as the tank is well cared for, it will not overgrow.

From that link, it kinda looks like this Algae, as they seem to be hairs? If it's overgrowing, you aren't looking after your tank well enough!

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You need to add something that uses the algae as a food source...crabs, blennies, snails, or a few tangs...these all eat algae and will keep your tank clean.

Back