Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Where do I save functions?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello, i've written some functions but i don't know where i need to save them in order to make them work in game (supposing they are scripted correctly)

for example, i use the function name in a npc script and the function itself is written in another script. where do i need to save it to?

hope someone can help me out, ty in advance

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
made a function that resets more than 1 stat point (again i havent got the chance to check it, so it might have mistakes.. im learning scripting by myself by looking at existing scripts). ill write the str reset and a part of npc script that i think is how to write it.

npc:
Talk(2,"How many Strength points do you want to reset?")
Text(2,"5", Reset_Str, 1, 5)
Text(2,"10", Reset_Str, 1, 10)
Text(2,"30", Reset_Str, 1, 30)
Text(2,"50", Reset_Str, 1, 50)

function:

function Reset_Str ( role , Amount ) --idk what role stands for.. but i think u give it the value 1?
local str = GetChaAttr( role , ATTR_BSTR )
local ap = GetChaAttr( role , ATTR_AP )

local str_dif = Amount
local ap_dif = Amount

--test to see if it's entring the function
SystemNotice( role, "stat chosen: str")
SystemNotice( role, "amount chosen: "..Amount)

if str < (5 + str_dif) then
SystemNotice ( role , "You do not have enough points to reset. Reset failed" )
UseItemFailed ( role ) --i suppose this one is not needed since i dont use an item, so i simply leave it out?
return
end

str = str - str_dif
ap = ap + ap_dif

SystemNotice ( role , "Reset "..str_dif.." Strength points to increase "..ap_dif.." Stat points" )
SetCharaAttr ( str , role , ATTR_BSTR )
SetCharaAttr ( ap , role , ATTR_AP )
end

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
NpcScripts
PHP:
npc:
Function.lua
PHP:
function Reset_Str ( role , Amount ) --idk what role stands for.. but i think u give it the value 1?
local str = GetChaAttr( role , ATTR_BSTR )
local ap = GetChaAttr( role , ATTR_AP )

local str_dif = Amount
local ap_dif = Amount

--test to see if it's entring the function
SystemNotice( role, "stat chosen: str")
SystemNotice( role, "amount chosen: "..Amount)

if str < (5 + str_dif) then
SystemNotice ( role , "You do not have enough points to reset. Reset failed" )
UseItemFailed ( role ) --i suppose this one is not needed since i dont use an item, so i simply leave it out?
return
end

str = str - str_dif
ap = ap + ap_dif

SystemNotice ( role , "Reset "..str_dif.." Strength points to increase "..ap_dif.." Stat points" )
SetCharaAttr ( str , role , ATTR_BSTR )
SetCharaAttr ( ap , role , ATTR_AP )
end

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
eh thats what i have tried doing before coming here but in game it tells me 'MsgProc: function option unknown function!'
is there anything else i need to do? or does that mean ive got a mistake in my function?

also, could u tell me if its right to give the 'role' the value 1? and if i can leave out the UseItemFailed? i copy pasted it from the function for the reset potions and edited it..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok look do this
Put in anyone of your npcscripts.lua

function random_name ()
end

Then in garnernpc.txt
or magicseanpc.txt
or darkbluenpc.txt

which ever map you want it be on copy any npc
when u paste make new id change name if u want and the cords the second set...cords must be same as first set.then scroll almost to end you should see a function name like r_talk or w/e npc u copied
change it to

random_name

go would look like this
This is garner npc

200 WhatName 1 20(change how the npc looks..characterinfo choose a number) 1 219312,270612(this first set of cords i was talking about) 219312,270612(this is second. they must be the same for whatever new cords you put the guy at) 114(this is angle he faces) Argent City(map npc is on) 1 0 random_name(function for the function in npcscripts) 0

200 WhatName 1 20 1 219312,270612 219312,270612 114 Argent City 1 0 random_name 0

Last edited:
Back