Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

which vbox image disk do i need?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can install the server via FTP(openSSH). You dont even have to be connected to the net to do it. Therefore you dont need an image if you do it the FTP route.

mounting is just faster but not necessary.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
You don't need someone else's vbox image for that, make your own. Also personally I would recommend the use of VMware over VBOX any day :wink: So with personal bias I would say "you don't need someone else's image for that, make your own VM in VMware"... :):

FYI ~ Actually if using a release like that you do NOT want to use somebody else's VM image (vbox or vmware or any other VM software) because pre-existing VM images already have a server installed. So you'd be installing a server twice on one 'system'... ... ...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have vmware, and I tried vbox but vbox confused me so I stuck with vmware.

Reactions: 343
Upvote 0
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
// joke
VirtualPC is just fabulous and better than virtualbox or vmware! :D

Upvote 0
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah -.- It remember me that I was stupid enough to even make a release/guide with colinux by the past... xD

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i'm still pretty lost if anyone would like to add me on skype and give me some tips it would be most appreciated @sesser21
i have a few ideas to
generate revenue from a pserver besides donations (not ads or anything)i'm willing to share with those who help me

i'm not asking anyone to do it for me just to teach me
it will even help if you post links that may help me

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back