• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

WZ Why is it invisible?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I followed the tutorial on how to add in new items since I have access to the source files..

Ill show what i did.

1. Opened up v140 Character Wz.
2. Dump/Export the item I want to my desktop
3. Open up v117 character.wz
4. Import the XML then save.
5. Placed the xml in source --> wz --> character.wz --> weapon
6. Dump items then launched

Its still invisible, what have I done wrong?

Reaction score
I believe you would have to export it as an IMG file, not as a XML file.

Edit : XML is just the base of the actual item (the stats, the level, job required, origin etc...)
The IMG file contains the actual image of the item also including everything in the XML files.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Also keep in mind, depending on what item your exporting, there can be other things you'll need to add. If you were attempting to add an item that comes with a set effect, it will be "invisible" in game, until you include the set effects file along with the item.

Back