Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WinXP Infinite Restart Loop

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Two days ago i replaced a faulty ram stick in my pc which keeps causing the pc to restart every few minutes and everything could run well..i formatted all my harddrives and reinstalled windows xp, got into desktop and started to download drivers and avg as well as installing updates from microsoft.

When the avg download has completed, i found out that the pc froze up and nth was responding so i proceeded to off the main power switch. I started the com up again and everything was fine until the windows loading screen where a BSOD appeared and i restarted it again and the same thing happened.

I tried it the 3rd time, but the system wouldn't even start up. It just restarts without anything shown on the screen and restarts and restarts and no signal is sent to the monitor..

Sorry for the long story =x. Is my pc dead now?..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Already had this before , ok first of all when you open your computer check if the light on your comp screen is green OR orange IF its orange take off your gfx card from your PCI/PCI-e/AGP slots restart your computer go in safe mode (F8) then unistall your driver and your video card then close again your computer put back your gfx card in it and re-install your driver its should work fine after if not well sorry to tell you that but get an another video card because the one you have right now might be good for the garbadge!

and for the other problem be sure you are using the GOOD memory for your computer, you can't mix any kind of them lol.

oh btw if you can get it work in safe mode check your Device manager if you would see anything with a kind of "!" yellow icons

Edit : What your graphics card? your motherboard and the rams you are using?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It is orange..and my graphics card is geforce fx5500 with kingston 1gb 667 ddr2 ram..
erm..how do i remove the graphics card from the agp slot?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol same gfx card but its a pci, not agp well if it a agp there should be a kind of thing that you can move at the end of your gfx card like a "pin" just remove it then do what i said

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Look for a guide on how to disemble the computer. Graphic and RAM i had once a problem with.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
metalwolf - WinXP Infinite Restart Loop - RaGEZONE Forums

Check for the "AGP clip tab"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
reinstall windows OS... I believe that it is just a software conflict.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ive had this problem before as well, have you had any power surges lately?
-when i had this problem I had to replace my motherboard. check you motherboard for any blown lights.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im still having problems finding the clip tab..

what do you mean by power surges?my pc restarts itself a few minutes after startup everytime and it seems to be solved after i changed the ram stick..
and my motherboard doesnt have any lights either..

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
actually I have that problem before just remove your video card it is very easy to remove even in my 1st time look at the picture above pull the clip lever then pull the card XD

Back