Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Wondering where to start

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Pardon me if this is dumb question, but I'm toying with the idea of making a private pw server for me and a few friends..I'd like it to be the same version as is currently @ pwi if at all possible.
How heavy a load on a *nix box would this place? say 50 people.
where do I find the software and instructions?
Can I try this on vmware/wamp before installing on real server?
I tried the v69 download but its 404 so kinda lost here.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The closest you can get to the current version is version 670.

Use this clean client:

And grab the cup patchs off PWI's official site and patch to 670.

And yes you can use vmwar/vbox.

Upvote 0
Reaction score

The cups only contain the files for the certain patch versions. You just patch to 670 using whatever ones you need before it then stop. So you would start with 658-669, then get 669-670. Don't use auto update.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
if its just cups to update what limits it to 670? I'm a bit confused still sadly

Things that change on the server side will only permit usage of certain 'versions'... The latest server files that have been made public ONLY support up to a maximum patch of official PWi patch 670, that's as high as you can go...

Because of such, you technically also cannot go BELOW a certain patch... So the current ('latest') server version that is publicly available support a MAX of patch version 670, you also CANNOT use a client that is BELOW patch 658 either...

So, for v145 (v69) server
you HAVE to use a client patched anywhere between patch 658 (&) 670

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The Sirens of War client is shenanigans content anyway. 670 is all you really need.

Reactions: 343
Upvote 0
Reaction score
I must say, I don't really understand (never have) any "hype" to be the most up to date - big ******* deal ~ I personally think v136 is the absolute best version of PW there STILL is till this day <.<

screw 139 142 144 145 146 and any other future version >.>

Upvote 0
Back