Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

would this work?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My old computer had broke down,and I'm on a very tight budget currently.I don't see any pc that would work top notch for a decent price.So,I'm going to put together a pc with the NEW computer parts I'm buying.I know how to put together a pc,but I just need to know if the parts I'm buying would work well.I don't want to waste money on something that will not work the way I expect it to.Please tell me if these parts are all compatable with each other.
Also can I use vista or xp 32 bit OS, I don't have any 64bit OS Disk and don't want to buy any.

Apevia X-Plorer Black w/Xilence 600w Gaming Power Supply Bundle <--Chage to Guardian 921 w/630w Gaming Power Supply Bundle

Asus P5N-D Motherboard CPU RAM Bundle - nForce 750i SLI, Socket 775, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Processor OEM, Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB)

Masscool 8W501B1M3G / Socket 775 / Intel Prescott / Copper Core / CPU Cooling Fan

after I put it all together I am very happy with this system it's very fast runs at a 30-36 C cpu, case and hard drive are also runing cool at about 25-31 C, my old ATI x1600 video is runing smooth so far, but i may get nvidea video because i had many problems with this ati card in the past.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How can you be on a tight budget when you buy a quad core processor? Anyway, thats a nice combination, just dont break anything when you put it together, if you have MSN, I'll run you thorough the assembling process. That computer is Vista capable, would run Vista well, but you can just download XP.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:w00t:
How can you be on a tight budget when you buy a quad core processor? Anyway, thats a nice combination, just dont break anything when you put it together, if you have MSN, I'll run you thorough the assembling process. That computer is Vista capable, would run Vista well, but you can just download XP.

I think the price for Q6700 is too good to pass, anyways if you click the links add it all up it;s less than $610.00 usd w/next day delivery. I have a 350 gb sata II, dvd+/-, ATI x1600 pro 512 DDr from the dead pc I be using to complete this set. I just never work with any processor more than P4 and I want to use vista or xp 32bit I have those OS disk, since I only have work with Intel P4 I want to make sure it's not a 64bit only system.

Thanks for your help, and I hope the cpu fan don't be a problem:w00t:

Reaction score
Wait..so you want to make your own PC from spare parts?
Dang, good luck, wish I could help though >.>

Why not just buy your parts and use what's left of your money to pay someone to do it for you. Or ask a comp nerd.

Thank you both for completely un-needed spam posts. Consider this a verbal warning, infractions will be given in the future for such posts.

Yes everything looks fine and looks like you're saving quite a bit. However i do not see a GFX card there and i was not able to find an on-board GPU chip on the mobo. do you already have a card to use?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you both for completely un-needed spam posts. Consider this a verbal warning, infractions will be given in the future for such posts.

Yes everything looks fine and looks like you're saving quite a bit. However i do not see a GFX card there and i was not able to find an on-board GPU chip on the mobo. do you already have a card to use?

Yes I have My old ATI X1600 Pro 512 DDR, I'm not sure if maybe I get another card or maybe up the PSU cuz that card is a power hug:D:

Reaction score
Yes I have My old ATI X1600 Pro 512 DDR, I'm not sure if maybe I get another card or maybe up the PSU cuz that card is a power hug:D:

Ah ok. The 1600 series is an excellent card even by today's standards, unless you want hardcore gaming right off the bat, i think it will do you fine till you got the cash for a better one. Don't worry about the PSU though, newer ATI cards are power hogs but 600W is more than enough for even 2x crossfire'd 1600's.

Unless you are looking at a 4870X2 as a new card, i think 600W will do you fine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ah ok. The 1600 series is an excellent card even by today's standards, unless you want hardcore gaming right off the bat, i think it will do you fine till you got the cash for a better one. Don't worry about the PSU though, newer ATI cards are power hogs but 600W is more than enough for even 2x crossfire'd 1600's.

Unless you are looking at a 4870X2 as a new card, i think 600W will do you fine.

Thanks for the quick replay Rishwin:D:
would this setup allow me to use a 32bit OS? the 64 bit has a bad rep.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help and answering my novice questions:D:

Rishwin thanks again and you can close this Thread I have the information I needed to make a decision
I will repost next week after I buy the parts and set the rig up. Maybe a picture after i'm done:D:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can close the thread yourself, at the top of the page, click thread tools and click close thread.

Back