• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Wurm Online - True Sandbox

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I haven't seen anything posted on this game yet so I thought I'd tell everyone here at Ragezone about it. The gameplay is spectacular, and in my opinion unmatched by any other Sandbox MMO. The game is Java based but has quite good graphics besides player and mob movements which have little animation. But past that, terrain and landscape graphics are enjoyable to view and the world is a month long exploration in its self.

Heres a little about what you can do. As far as I've seen it would be quite hard to sum it all up as what you can do in the game almost limitless. Due to poor advertising and the length of time you have to put into the game the player base is small.
What can I do in Wurm?

• Explore huge, diverse landmasses extending over 512sq km in total
  • Make your home on either the PvP or PvE server
  • Craft and use thousands of unique items
  • Wage war on other kingdoms, and lead yours to victory
  • Hunt creatures such as the unique red dragon, forest giant, kyklops, troll king and others!
  • Discover and fight over religious artifacts on the PvP server
  • Modify the terrain; dig, raise, flatten and sculpt the land around you!
  • Capture and breed animals from the environment
  • Train 114 Skills, 10 Player Characteristics, and 3 Religion Characteristics
  • Follow one of four unique deities and religions.
  • Become a priest or champion of your religion and learn powerful spells and enchantments.
  • Choose one of five meditation paths and take advantage of special meditation abilities
  • Earn as many of our 200+ skill and achievement titles as you have time for!
  • Mount various creatures, from horses and carts to unicorns, bears and even dragons!
  • Construct, crew or even captain seven different ship types, from small rowing boats to impressive caravels with other players
  • Build a variety of structures, from guard towers to stone houses to fences and statues.
  • Found your own settlement wherever you desire; own land, build a farm, a castle, or perhaps an entire village!
  • Pave roads and plant signs to improve local infrastructure and by connecting settlements
  • Live off the land by creating fields to farm a variety of crops including potatoes, garlic, cotton, wheat, pumpkins and more!
  • Cook food using a huge range of ingredients
  • ...and much more!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Looks interesting... I don't like the way the models move though looks really poor..

Anyways I think I might give this game a try.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you judge this game simply by character animation then you are missing out. Its a great game though anyone who likes sandboxs games should give it a try atleast. The game is also challenging and very time consuming to get what you want done.

You forgot - its a Pay to Play.
Its not a pay to play at all its free to play, there are servers you have to pay to play but other than that its not. Freedom Isles isn't pay to play nor is Epic. Deeds are premium only though.

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I read form their website that you are locked to a maximum of 20 skill points, as well as locked at stat points. And to advance beyond that you have to pay to play. Based on the Wiki's, this gives you about a month of play before you are 'maxed out' on a particular character and have to pay to advance any further.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Downloading the game now I have nothing better to do IGN: ThunderZ

WURM Launcher said:
You can play Wurm completely FREE for as long as you wish. But there are some limitations. You cannot raise your skills above 20, which prevents you doing things like knocking down walls and building stone house, and leaves you much weaker than other players. Additionally, you cannot join all the Servers as some, like the Wild server are premium only.
You can convert to premium any time you wish simply by going to the Wurm Shop. There you can buy premium starting from just one month to a whole year and also buy in-game Silvers - the currency of Wurm.
Premium costs just 5 Euros per month!

5 euros isn't bad.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I read form their website that you are locked to a maximum of 20 skill points, as well as locked at stat points. And to advance beyond that you have to pay to play. Based on the Wiki's, this gives you about a month of play before you are 'maxed out' on a particular character and have to pay to advance any further.
Yes that is true. But to get all skills to 20 it would take longer than a month. Also you can play the game with 20 capped skills though a Premium does enhance the game its self. Give it a try more than likely you'll want to purchase a premium. It is well worth it, plus its only around $13 USD for a premium. Though you have to pay via paypal and the rates are in euro's so the price fluctuates if paying in USD
Q: What is the skill caps or what does 3x mean next to a skill name ?
For free player max skill is capped at 20.0 Faith and Favor at 30.0 and Alignment at 100.0
For Paying Members (Premium hence forth) skills are capped at 99.99 and Alignment at 100.0
If you Premium Your skills get Capped at 20.0 till you get Premium again then higher than 20.0 skills will go back to what they where.
The 3x Can mean your at max level for that skill as a free player and it will only go up if you go premium.
The other reason you can get 3x is that you died and lost some skill but will regain it at 3 times the normal speed till your skill is back to where it was.

Back