Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Xbox Live Stores - India HACKED!

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
NoBrain - Xbox Live Stores - India HACKED! - RaGEZONE Forums

Frequenters of India's online were briefly greeted with the suspicious visage of a Guy Fawkes mask this morning, following a hack that compromised the site's user database. According to WPSauce, Microsoft Store India's landing page was briefly taken over by a hacker group called Evil Shadow Team, who, in addition to putting a new face on Windows products, revealed that user passwords were saved in plain text. The group's motivations are unknown, though the hacked page warned that an "unsafe system will be baptized." The store is now offline, suggesting that Microsoft may have regained control. Read on for a look at the compromised password database.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]
NoBrain - Xbox Live Stores - India HACKED! - RaGEZONE Forums

SOURCE: ,

My thoughts after reading this
Microsoft really need to learn how to encrypt passwords, stoooooopid peoplez.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Microsoft have better security than Sony, js.
but I don't know how they can be hacked this way. :mellow:

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Everything can be hacked, I just find it amazing that they don't encrypt passwords ;3

well, would be rly AMAZING if those hackers hack Microsoft again, and leave a warning saying that if they don't stop with this Ducking poop of XBOX LIVE GOLD ETC (PAY TO ONLINE GAMING ON X360) they don't stop hacking them(microsoft) :):

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well, would be rly AMAZING if those hackers hack Microsoft again, and leave a warning saying that if they don't stop with this Ducking poop of XBOX LIVE GOLD ETC (PAY TO ONLINE GAMING ON X360) they don't stop hacking them(microsoft) :):

Microsoft could easily stop them. They're most likely a bunch of kids who are just Ducking around.

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If this is real, I don't believe it was Anon.
Imo, they wouldn't hack something and release it just for shits and giggles.

If anything wouldn't they just dark web it?

Reaction score
I find it kinda, racist if you will, that Microsoft can't keep the Indian stores safe, but the manage to keep the EU and US stores safe. I mean, surely they're run off the same system? Why haven't the others been hacked?

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I find it kinda, racist if you will, that Microsoft can't keep the Indian stores safe, but the manage to keep the EU and US stores safe. I mean, surely they're run off the same system? Why haven't the others been hacked?

To some extent, I agree with you, why can't they protect Indian stores? Hmm...

Really don't think microsoft doesn't use password encryption...... lol.

As it is clearly viewed in the image on the main post, passwords were stored in PLAIN TEXT.

Aww, you looking here? <3
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There's hardly any information on this... how reliable is this 'article' ? Feels to me like an attempted bash on security, after what's happened to PSN, etc. to have MS fabricated into it.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
I really have a feeling this is shenanigans ofc microsoft will have encryption since they saw what happened to PSN.

Back