Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Zone Server Error- ConnectDB Error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Guys,I know this has been posted multiple time before. I have gone through each and every post. But still i am unable to fix this error.I am using windows 10 64 bit on a VM with sql server 2018. I am following Raman's guide.I have created the ODBC(32 bit) entries manually. Installed BDE. I have created a3serial and granted it DBO permissions. used the same password as the guide says. Done everything which guide asked me to do.(removed all the additional spaces)But still unable to fix the issue.Could some 1 here please help me to fix this error? Below are the images of the Error Thanks and cheers

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A3 serial problem delete it from SQL and try again remember it is stored in 2 locations
1: security : user
2: a3itemevent : security : user

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Rahul,

Thank you for the reply.

But i have already created a3serial user under security: user, where the default Database has been set to A3ItemEvent. So a3serial will automatically appear under the database A3ItemEvent : Security : user.

I was unable to create a Database first then restore the DB backup files. So i had directly restored the DB backup files. Will it make a problem?

https://imgur.com/DCuYvGD

https://imgur.com/fRzqbZl

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nope it's fine. Just make sure to overwrite your db when you restore them..
Second thing is you can change the odbc I'd pass ACC to Ur dB I'd pass in zoneserver just hex it accordingly

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Rahul,

When i try to hex Zoneserver for changing the username from a3serial to sa, Zoneserver exe file becomes unusable.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's not the way .. keep that A3 serial and pass as it is and after that you can check odbc I'd and odbc pass I don't remember well but it is after A3 serial pass find that that n change accordingly.. it is something a3dbsa and some pass change it with Ur dB I'd pass

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Rahul,
Thanks Again. I have changed it. I forgot that we shouldnt use delete in Hex editor instead we should use space. My delete was making the exe file unusable. But still after changing it to SQL DB password i am getting same error while running the Zone server(connectDB Error)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can some 1 help me with Hexed Zone Server wit DB username and password?

Back