Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Big C-19

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Hope everyone is having a wonderful pandemic and staying safe during these mad times of the 'rona virus. How's everyone handing being furloughed/made redundant/forced indoors? What've you been doing to pass the time?

z = v / c
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Only thing that's affected me from it all really is the Greyhound buses (at least where I've been planning on going) currently not in service, and not showing any availability anytime even remotely soon. That and the tattoo shops being closed, when I've been also wanting to get a small tattoo on my wrist for a little while now.

i didnt do this.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not gonna lie I’m enjoying it. But I’m also so bored. Thankfully furloughed, however I’ve just been sleeping in and drinking every 2-3 days ha. I just want the pubs to open again.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Hope everyone is having a wonderful pandemic and staying safe during these mad times of the 'rona virus. How's everyone handing being furloughed/made redundant/forced indoors? What've you been doing to pass the time?
I hate sharing personal information on a public forum, but whatever. Here we go!

It's the busiest time I've ever experienced in my professional career and I'm learning how to coop with that. I'm basically the CTO of a plastic packaging company in Europe. We've had more orders in the first four months of this year than we did in 2019 due to many countries locking all (plastic producing/packaging) companies. Also, a lot of companies order their plastic packaging from China which didn't ship plastic packaging for nearly two months. It's just insane. We had to adjust our technical side (which is my responsibility) of the company to be able to keep up with the huge amount of activity. Note: we develop our own software which is up for only a year. The software is extremely young and we were slowly "increasing the capacity it can hold" over time. Before I worked here, there were no developers and everything (orders, returns, stock info, customer management, etc) was managed and shipped by mail. I'm extremely proud of all my colleagues who gave 200% (and give) of themselves during this period and the technical side is running smoothly at this moment (a lot of automation has been implemented). To make things worse, all IT related colleagues are working from home and so am I. Communication ain't going smooth. Besides that, we had to hire over 10 extra employees (temporarily) for order picking and shipping, customer service, etc. I'm still heading to the warehouse two or three times a week (afternoon) to assist. I got to make sure all appointments are met, orders are being shipped in time, need to make sure more trucks will pick up orders from our warehouse in case its needed, etc. We do have a warehouse manager who is supposed to do this, but he just got a child and is living 3 hours driving away, only 15 minutes for me. Things ar still going crazy. And guess what? We're officially "certified" in the Netherlands as one of those "important companies which have different rules than other companies". This means we're not affected by a lockdown, may that happen in the Netherlands. We're required to work (with appropriate distancing) because we're head suppliers (at this moment, usually it's only a few) of hospitals and drug stores over Europe.

Besides my work, I'm also helping charities and religious organisations with live streaming their activities. Three to four evenings a week I'm installing, maintaining and training people to make live streams and video calls happen. Many eldern are alone during these times and I've seen and heard how broken these innocent people can become due to isolation. I cannot visit these eldern people at location because of obvious reasons. I can only assist by advising nurses via mail or phone calls. Yes, there are many people who do not know how FaceTime or Google Duo works. It's such a small thing but it has an ENORMOUS impact on the quality of life during this pandemic for eldern/isolated people. I'm also meeting up with people in my home town to do grocery shopping for people who are afraid to or cannot exit their house. Not sure if it's going to happen, but I hope so.

Also, keep yourself informed about the stock of local food banks. There are many food banks having issues in this country and I'm pretty sure it's a world wide issue. Donate if you can. There are also many other charities you can donate to. 30 USD may be a little bit for you, but it could change and save someone's life.

Anyway, I'm not saying this to praise myself or gain attention and I am fully aware people will think that and I don't care. As I said, I do not like sharing personal information on a public forum. However, I do wish to motivate others to try and help others if you can and if you keep yourself safe.

Legendary Trio - Chocolate Rain
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Work, gaming, attempting to start up a youtube/twitch channel type thingy, reading, trying my hand at writing a novel, loosing my excess belly fat and finally the Sharkarena!
yIw4ODz - The Big C-19 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
duck me Biesmen that sounds insane, good job keeping up with things and just remember to look after yourself and avoid burnout

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Oh wow, go you guys. I'm just really just trying to keep my poop together. :)

I mean I still work, but its at home every day now, and I feel trapped in this prison, I mean I normally love my house and still do but, Oh i'd love to go to a restaurant and not be afraid.

PS, also i can't breath in a mask for poop.

Reaction score
I know how you feel. Luckily I can still go outside. Not living in a city has for sure it's perks in times like these.

It also sucks when you've hay fever. I've no clue how people will react to it. The symptoms are the opposite from Covid19, but I'm afraid they don't know/care about it. Even when this whole thing ends. I think there'll be people not trusting anyone being sick, like a normal cold.

Legendary Trio - Chocolate Rain
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, go you guys. I'm just really just trying to keep my poop together. :)

I mean I still work, but its at home every day now, and I feel trapped in this prison, I mean I normally love my house and still do but, Oh i'd love to go to a restaurant and not be afraid.

PS, also i can't breath in a mask for poop.

Stay strong! wub :love:

Last edited:
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I know how you feel. Luckily I can still go outside. Not living in a city has for sure it's perks in times like these.

It also sucks when you've hay fever. I've no clue how people will react to it. The symptoms are the opposite from Covid19, but I'm afraid they don't know/care about it. Even when this whole thing ends. I think there'll be people not trusting anyone being sick, like a normal cold.
Lol! I'm as allergic as you can be to grass pollen. I'm unlucky to receive two injections every month because my body hates me, but these injections also surpress allergic reactions. My hay fever is that bad, I really do feel sick and can't leave my bed for days. However, besides itchy eyes and some cold symptoms, I can control hay fever with medication because of these injections.

Anyway, whenever I go to a store and I feel my nose is running and "sniff it up", people always turn around and look at me like I'm trying to kill them. I must be honest, I love it (until someone actually thinks I'm carrying COVID-19 and stabs me)

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Am lucky to still be in the office a few days a week, 3 on then 2 at home. Like Madison also just trying to keep my poop together and adjust to the massive change in routine and the uncertainty. Ended a 2 year relationship because of differences about living together, an underlying issue exasperated by Big Rona.

I too just want to go to a restaurant, or get a freshly poured pint from the pub :(:

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Am lucky to still be in the office a few days a week, 3 on then 2 at home. Like @Madison also just trying to keep my poop together and adjust to the massive change in routine and the uncertainty. Ended a 2 year relationship because of differences about living together, an underlying issue exasperated by Big Rona.

I too just want to go to a restaurant, or get a freshly poured pint from the pub :(:
I'm so sorry to hear that. Let's drink a freshly-out-of-the-fridge-taken beer together from a safe 600km (370+mile) distance. Cheers! :beer:

Back