The Big C-19

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LegendRank
    Feb 2004 Join Date
    under your bedLocation
    15,483Posts

Re: The Big C-19

The Big C-19
    Video games. My long lost friend video games. Also anime. My long lost friend anime. Both of which I haven't seen in any large quantity since 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonTonberry View Post
    Then We Can Throw Cyber Confetti And Have A Cyber Wedding Reception At Some Cyber Function Hall, While All The Cyber Guests Eat Cyber Food And Drink Cyber Alcohol.

LegendRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date
    Hell, 8th CrclLocation
    2,336Posts

Work. While I am not directly involved with covid-19 cases, my department is still busy with urgencies and emergencies; 80% of our patients are admitted from the A&E.
    Last edited by LordDemonMan; 04-05-20 at 05:20 AM.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Super ModRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,441Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junkers View Post
    Am lucky to still be in the office a few days a week, 3 on then 2 at home. Like @Madison also just trying to keep my shit together and adjust to the massive change in routine and the uncertainty. Ended a 2 year relationship because of differences about living together, an underlying issue exasperated by Big Rona.

I too just want to go to a restaurant, or get a freshly poured pint from the pub
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Let's drink a freshly-out-of-the-fridge-taken beer together from a safe 600km (370+mile) distance. Cheers!
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

"The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

Administrator  Rank
    Jan 2001 Join Date
    31,488Posts

Hoax. It's more in line with flu..

purpose ; get trump out of office.

Dance MentaL smiley taking over the world.

LegendRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,729Posts

Can't take anything from Mental serious now that he has the dancing shark in his signature.

Join Our RaGEZONE Discord Now!

Send me a PM | send me a mail

Still waiting for XenForo to hit RaGEZONE.

Administrator  Rank
    Jan 2001 Join Date
    31,488Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joopie View Post
    Can't take anything from Mental serious now that he has the dancing shark in his signature.
    i live in the shadows, doing my bit for humanity.

LegendRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date
    Hell, 8th CrclLocation
    2,336Posts

The flu, of course. And vaccines are just a 5G scheme to chip y'all like cattle, aren't they?

LegendRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,729Posts

Lets take right in our own hands and burn down telephone towers!

Disclaimer: please do not.

Join Our RaGEZONE Discord Now!

Send me a PM | send me a mail

Still waiting for XenForo to hit RaGEZONE.

Administrator  Rank
    Jan 2001 Join Date
    31,488Posts

unleash the hydroxy and blood plasma, normality resumes. Yay.

LegendRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date
    Hell, 8th CrclLocation
    2,336Posts

An armchair COVID-19 expert, oh joy.

LegendRank
    Feb 2004 Join Date
    under your bedLocation
    15,483Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    Hoax. It's more in line with flu..

purpose ; get trump out of office.
    Point 1: Sort of... It's about 3x as easy to spread and 3x as deadly then the flu. But it's only deadly for people 65 and over... It's terrible for old people but any one that isn't a drain on society it's actually fairly harmless.

Point 2: Yup. That's the real reason why it's being blown out of proportion .
    Quote Originally Posted by DonTonberry View Post
    Then We Can Throw Cyber Confetti And Have A Cyber Wedding Reception At Some Cyber Function Hall, While All The Cyber Guests Eat Cyber Food And Drink Cyber Alcohol.

Administrator  Rank
    Jan 2001 Join Date
    31,488Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LordDemonMan View Post
    An armchair COVID-19 expert, oh joy.

Link: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16115318/
    Chloroquine Is a Potent Inhibitor of SARS Coronavirus Infection and Spread

Link: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...251-8/fulltext

When the protein sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 receptor binding site was analyzed, an interesting result was found. While SARS-CoV-2 is overall more similar to bat coronaviruses, the receptor binding site was more similar to SARS-CoV.

Link: https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S...674(20)30262-2
    Both SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV use the same host cell receptor. It also found that, for both viruses, the viral proteins used for host cell entry bind to the receptor with the same tightness (affinity).

Amazing.

LegendRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date
    Hell, 8th CrclLocation
    2,336Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    Link: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16115318/
    Chloroquine Is a Potent Inhibitor of SARS Coronavirus Infection and Spread

Link: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...251-8/fulltext

When the protein sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 receptor binding site was analyzed, an interesting result was found. While SARS-CoV-2 is overall more similar to bat coronaviruses, the receptor binding site was more similar to SARS-CoV.

Link: https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S...674(20)30262-2
    Both SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV use the same host cell receptor. It also found that, for both viruses, the viral proteins used for host cell entry bind to the receptor with the same tightness (affinity).

Amazing.

Oh get off your high horse. Nine fucking patients don't prove jackshit just yet. No randomisation, no control.
    HCQ is not as harmless as you might think.
    Besides, the data is inconclusive at best and controversial at worst. E.g.:
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....22.20040758v2
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...558v1.full.pdf

Although Solidarity and Discovery trials are actively investigating it just as well. You know, in a desperate race to buy time.

So far remdesevir is showing some promise, if only by a bit.
    http://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-events...anced-covid-19

Kaletra, IL-6 inhibitors are also on the list. Some countries are even going as far as using convalescent plasma in a bid to transfuse antibodies. But there is not a lot of efficacy data so far. You can't rush in like a blind idiot.

Administrator  Rank
    Jan 2001 Join Date
    31,488Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LordDemonMan View Post
    Oh get off your high horse. Nine fucking patients don't prove jackshit just yet. No randomisation, no control.
    HCQ is not as harmless as you might think.
    Besides, the data is inconclusive at best and controversial at worst. E.g.:
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....22.20040758v2
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...558v1.full.pdf

Although Solidarity and Discovery trials are actively investigating it just as well. You know, in a desperate race to buy time.

So far remdesevir is showing some promise, if only by a bit.
    NIH Clinical Trial Shows Remdesivir Accelerates Recovery from Advanced COVID-19 | NIH: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases

Kaletra, IL-6 inhibitors are also on the list. Some countries are even going as far as using convalescent plasma in a bid to transfuse antibodies. But there is not a lot of efficacy data so far. You can't rush in like a blind idiot.
    I'll keep this short and sweet regardless of you being a medical professional. I have a real disdain for people who largely attack the Hydroxychloroquine validation especially considering its used by TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE every day around the world and has been in circulation since the mid 1950s. I also find it concerning how same medication as used largely for various forms of ailments now offers people 'certain death' simply on the basis of the past four months.

It's disgusting and I won't stand for it. I hope what I post can be validated in the future more so. For those unaware, Hydroxychloroquine is used each day for the following;

• Rheumatoid arthritis
    • Lupus erythematosus
    • Porphyria cutanea tarda
    • Malaria

There are other uses also. Like most medication - side effects are a real present danger but so is death. Hydroxychloroquine was approved for medical use in the United States in 1955. It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.

I hope this opens a lot of peoples eyes to the present dangers of a biased and complicit media.

LegendRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date
    Hell, 8th CrclLocation
    2,336Posts

So because it is a potent immunosuppressive and anti-malarial medication it's also great for viral infections, right.

In vitro activity doesn't equate to in vivo activity, at best it only implies that, at least until there is evidence, solid evidence.

HCQ is used for the conditions you listed because there is evidence it works on them, because the benefits outweigh the risks.

Since we're in a situation like this, with no wiggle room for proper trials, we start trials like Solidarity and Discovery (do look them up before moaning). Some hospitals use HCQ, others get remdesevir, other still use Kaletra etc.

So imagine this, that French study is actually right, HCQ does jackshit. Then there is nothing to gain and more to lose. When you're propped to a ventilator, getting a fucking ventricular arrhythmia really won't improve your survival odds.

You can freely access the COVID-19 topics on UpToDate.
    You know, the best friend of any physician following the principles of evidence-based medicine and not some quackery.

Regardless, you do you, dude.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Advertisement