Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CandySwipe VS Candy Crush Saga - or corporation squashes developer...

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I saw this on my Facebook feed today, and I can't hardly speak. As a programmer, I can't even imagine what this guy must be going through. He worked hard to create a fun game, in his mother's memory, just to end up battling a corporation to keep his own trademark that he filed first.

Please from the Candy Swipe developer to King (maker of Candy Crush Saga)

What do you think? What can small developers do to protect their Intellectual Property?

Friends don't let friends play Candy Crush Saga!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thats absolubtly disgusting! and so damn childish! i mean.. they went outta there way to BUY an OLD Trademark.. that WASNT even their own to begin with.. just to crush this poor guy? what a bunch of ........<insert profanity here>

Reaction score
It's a world where the higher people win over the smaller ones.

I know it is sad that this happens, and I think nothing will be done by King (Candy Crush)
But it's reality and it is how 99% of the world works.

saddening

f793
Reaction score
Thats absolubtly disgusting! and so damn childish! i mean.. they went outta there way to BUY an OLD Trademark.. that WASNT even their own to begin with.. just to crush this poor guy? what a bunch of ........<insert profanity here>

This. That guy did for her mother memory while they did for $$$...

Reaction score
I saw this on my Facebook feed today, and I can't hardly speak. As a programmer, I can't even imagine what this guy must be going through. He worked hard to create a fun game, in his mother's memory, just to end up battling a corporation to keep his own trademark that he filed first.

Please from the Candy Swipe developer to King (maker of Candy Crush Saga)

What do you think? What can small developers do to protect their Intellectual Property?

Friends don't let friends play Candy Crush Saga!

looks like this made the RZ front page!

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
You know, in light of everything that's going on, I'm having a really hard time feeling sorry for King.com right now and their .

It raises some really interesting questions about these app developing mega-companies. Zygna hasn't come near the success of Farmville despite many attempts, and what is King.com going to do to keep profits going besides Candy Crush Saga. Are these companies just one-hit wonders? I read this was likened to the dot-com boom, and I can see why.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At least Zynga Had - donate this much for this special crop or item and we give xx amount to charity, i remember them doing that alot when the earthquake hit japan, havent seen King do that at all

Back