The Glory Days

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Master Jedi Vendaku~Metal is offline
    The OmegaRank
    May 2004 Join Date
    CoruscantLocation
    5,245Posts

    ! The Glory Days






    ..... At the dawn of the internet... when people yet used the simple communication medium of forums. At arguably the height of the internet. Alas, where did we falter? When and why did this glorious medium die off? I'm choosing to blame that Zuckerfuck guy. Amongst a plethora of other people. I look inwards now at our fallen communities as one might look upon the ruins of an ancient long dead civilization. With a tinge of sadness and despair. Our holy shit talking grounds seem to lay forever in the past destined to never fully reawaken to meet its former glory in all its splendor. Such is the way of the times.

    TLDR: Forums seem kind of dead these days. FEELSBADMAN.

    How are you guys doing? Hope all is well. Happy holidays to everyone. <3


  2. #2
    Member What is Justice is offline
    MemberRank
    Apr 2025 Join Date
    A SingularityLocation
    73Posts

    Re: The Glory Days



    The good ol' days

  3. #3
    Master Jedi Vendaku~Metal is offline
    The OmegaRank
    May 2004 Join Date
    CoruscantLocation
    5,245Posts

    Re: The Glory Days

    Quote Originally Posted by What is Justice View Post


    The good ol' days
    Hahaha, aye. I actually miss messenger. It was just one of those things everyone had and it was so simple. Shame they killed it.

  4. #4
    Ultimate Member Flipend0 is offline
    MemberRank
    Dec 2016 Join Date
    176Posts

    Re: The Glory Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Vendaku~Metal View Post





    ..... At the dawn of the internet... when people yet used the simple communication medium of forums. At arguably the height of the internet. Alas, where did we falter? When and why did this glorious medium die off? I'm choosing to blame that Zuckerfuck guy. Amongst a plethora of other people. I look inwards now at our fallen communities as one might look upon the ruins of an ancient long dead civilization. With a tinge of sadness and despair. Our holy shit talking grounds seem to lay forever in the past destined to never fully reawaken to meet its former glory in all its splendor. Such is the way of the times.

    TLDR: Forums seem kind of dead these days. FEELSBADMAN.

    How are you guys doing? Hope all is well. Happy holidays to everyone. <3
    Zuckerberg is the wrong person to blame on. Instead you should be blaming on the guys that made Discord.

    Discord is basically a chatroom that allows you to do anything that forums can do. You can have channels, make threads, moderate messages and content, put in scriptable bots. Forums are basically obsolete and discord makes it a much faster way to communicate towards anyone now.
    Passionate x86 Reverse Engineer for Cute Anime MMO games only.

  5. #5
    Master Jedi Vendaku~Metal is offline
    The OmegaRank
    May 2004 Join Date
    CoruscantLocation
    5,245Posts

    Re: The Glory Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Flipend0 View Post
    Zuckerberg is the wrong person to blame on. Instead you should be blaming on the guys that made Discord.

    Discord is basically a chatroom that allows you to do anything that forums can do. You can have channels, make threads, moderate messages and content, put in scriptable bots. Forums are basically obsolete and discord makes it a much faster way to communicate towards anyone now.

    Quite right sir. And I do love me some discord, so its unfortunate that they are also holding the knife in the back of traditional forums. :)

  6. #6
    A man of no consequence LordDemonMan is offline
    LegendRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date
    Hell, 8th CrclLocation
    2,337Posts

    Re: The Glory Days

    Quote Originally Posted by Vendaku~Metal View Post


    TLDR: Forums seem kind of dead these days. FEELSBADMAN.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

    Happy Easter.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

  7. #7
    LOMCN.co.uk Tai is offline
    True MemberRank
    Apr 2003 Join Date
    Essex, UKLocation
    238Posts

    Re: The Glory Days

    Tis a sad day. Does RZ have a discord?

    Tai - LOMCN Administrator
    RaGEZONE Legend of Mir 2.3 Server
    Dios - Level 36 Taoist
    Tai - Level 28 Warrior

  8. #8
    Herp Derp Twisted Fate is offline
    True MemberRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    474Posts

    Re: The Glory Days

    Quote Originally Posted by LordDemonMan View Post
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

    Happy Easter.
    Good to see you're still sharing your wisdom.
    "The only God is death."

  9. #9
    Victus Mortuus Kreeate is offline
    LegendRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    2,345Posts

    Re: The Glory Days

    Quote Originally Posted by LordDemonMan View Post
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

    Happy Easter.
    “Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.”
    IXXI

  10. #10
    The Penguinator Boko is offline
    LegendRank
    Jul 2004 Join Date
    VlissingenLocation
    4,006Posts

    Re: The Glory Days

    Ah yes, the good old days.

    Merry Christmas everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #11
    Custom title enabled MasterD is offline
    LegendRank
    Feb 2003 Join Date
    Manchester UKLocation
    2,390Posts

    Re: The Glory Days

    Good old days were RZ 1.9 mir, parties at exclamatios House, party at my house. Those days are gone! Still remembered tho

    Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    ~ MasterD ~
    Old Skool

    I would like to live in Manchester, England. The transition between Manchester and death would be unnoticeable - Mark Twain.



Advertisement