Why does icecream keep you awake?

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Account Inactive cloakedmapl is offline
    InactiveRank
    Mar 2007 Join Date
    358Posts

    Why does icecream keep you awake?

    When you're feeling sleepy, Most people go upstairs for a snack, but if they want to stay awake they eat icecream. So what I tried was the same thing, and I took a nice small pint of icecream and just ate some of it as time goes by. But I have no idea why it keeps you awake so well other than these two factors

    1. It's cold, when you're cold at night you are not content and you don't retain heat causing you to shiver thus keeping your brain moving and awake

    2. Icecream is obviously packed with sugar


    So other than those two what is it!? I have no clue:drinks_no


  2.  
  3. #2
    Gamma Nuklear is offline
    May 2006 Join Date
    EarthLocation
    3,653Posts

    Re: Why does icecream keep you awake?

    sugar?

  4. #3
    The Black Signal LordDemonMan is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date
    Hell, 8th CrclLocation
    1,950Posts

    Re: Why does icecream keep you awake?

    Why do you mine fish?

    I am the pirate signal. Let me in.
    I am the word virus. Let me in.
    I am the ear worm. Let me in.
    I am the brain pathogen grammar. I am the Dreamers' dream.
    I am what I am. Let me in.
    Let me in.
    Let me in.
    Let me in.
    LET ME IN.


  5. #4
    Chocolate Rain Flameingskull is online now
    LegendRank
    Apr 2004 Join Date
    PimpvilleLocation
    4,587Posts

    Re: Why does icecream keep you awake?

    you pretty much answered your self there.

    christ why on earth are we getting threads that lack inginuity and intelligence.
    Your eyes meet across the void, you fall in love for ten seconds and then she's gone, lost in the crowd, lost in the street.


  6. #5
    Account Inactive Mustek is offline
    InactiveRank
    Mar 2006 Join Date
    Aperture Science Enrichment CenterLocation
    1,836Posts

    Re: Why does icecream keep you awake?

    why does water keeps you awake?

  7. #6
    Account Inactive Ionic & Schizo is offline
    InactiveRank
    Jun 2004 Join Date
    Well below theLocation
    5,283Posts

    Re: Why does icecream keep you awake?

    Quote Originally Posted by cloakedmapl View Post
    Why does icecream keep you awake?
    Because she likes it when I slurp it out of her belly button.

    ^Disclaimer: Not Real.

  8. #7
    Account Inactive cloakedmapl is offline
    InactiveRank
    Mar 2007 Join Date
    358Posts

    Re: Why does icecream keep you awake?

    lol btw idc bout what you say flameing thats all you do to me anyway. i'm over it... theres some other things inside icecream too and i was wondering which of those ingredients did it other than the two i mentioned

  9. #8
    Gamma Nuklear is offline
    May 2006 Join Date
    EarthLocation
    3,653Posts

    Re: Why does icecream keep you awake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ionic & Schizo View Post
    Because she likes it when I slurp it out of her belly button.

    ^Disclaimer: Not Real.
    QFT!!! (Except the last part):juggle:

  10. #9
    Account Inactive cloakedmapl is offline
    InactiveRank
    Mar 2007 Join Date
    358Posts

    Re: Why does icecream keep you awake?

    icecream isn't always white though :p

  11. #10
    The Shaman of Sexy! JC/Raiden is offline
    LegendRank
    Dec 2005 Join Date
    SouthYorkshireLocation
    3,623Posts

    Re: Why does icecream keep you awake?

    Erm..Icecream being cold does the opposite to keeping you awake, as you said if the stuff is real cold then you'll lose body heat.

    So when the body is losing its heat you'll naturally become tired and instinctively want to go to bed to wrap up in your blankets to retain your body heat....

    Ice cream in general will keep you awake I guess if you eat enough of it, basically because its full of crap. Its packed with sugars, fats and most importantly caffeine.
    Raff - Signing out.


  12. #11
    Account Inactive thefalling is offline
    InactiveRank
    Feb 2005 Join Date
    USALocation
    782Posts

    Re: Why does icecream keep you awake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flameingskull View Post
    you pretty much answered your self there.

    christ why on earth are we getting threads that lack inginuity and intelligence.
    Its fine, lern2spamzilla

  13. #12
    Account Inactive cloakedmapl is offline
    InactiveRank
    Mar 2007 Join Date
    358Posts

    Re: Why does icecream keep you awake?

    Quote Originally Posted by JC/Raiden View Post
    Erm..Icecream being cold does the opposite to keeping you awake, as you said if the stuff is real cold then you'll lose body heat.

    So when the body is losing its heat you'll naturally become tired and instinctively want to go to bed to wrap up in your blankets to retain your body heat....

    Ice cream in general will keep you awake I guess if you eat enough of it, basically because its full of crap. Its packed with sugars, fats and most importantly caffeine.

    "full of crap"
    whats the main crap part Lol

    and Caffeiene I forgot about that one thanks Lol

  14. #13
    The Shaman of Sexy! JC/Raiden is offline
    LegendRank
    Dec 2005 Join Date
    SouthYorkshireLocation
    3,623Posts

    Re: Why does icecream keep you awake?

    Quote Originally Posted by cloakedmapl View Post
    "full of crap"
    whats the main crap part Lol

    and Caffeiene I forgot about that one thanks Lol
    I erm...can't say to be positive, Ice cream contains so many different ingrediants. And obviously each type of Ice cream product is going to contain different things.

    Its why Ice cream is addictive to alot of people because it contains large amounts of something called "Hydro fats" which is bad for you, then theres all the colorings in the Ice cream that can make ya go all hypo. These are just examples Ice cream is full of random stuff.
    Raff - Signing out.



  15.  

    Latest Gaming Releases

Advertisement