Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need some mad advice.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
There is a girl in my class that I have a mad crush on. She is so beautiful and petite and her smile just makes my day. We text/talk on regular bases mostly about studies and some side conversations too. I have a feeling if she becomes mine she will make me a better person and make me strive harder for my goals. Now this is where I need your advice, I am not a "cat" with approaching girls I can have normal and long conversations and I have the guts to ask out any girl however this situation is different. I am 18 years old and she is 21, She is transferring out to SFSU this fall so this is her last term in my college. SFSU is a 30 minutes drive from where we stay so she probably will be going back and forth however this means that we won't spend that much time together and I've been stalking her on facebook and I saw a picture of her and a guy probably dating however the picture is kinda old and I don't see any recent ones and the guy is all the way in Minnesota. I just feel like all the odds are against me, I find it really hard to crush on a girl but this one got my by the balls.

Should I just man up and let her go? Approach her and see how it goes?

Side note: I could easily pass for a 20 year old so it won't look weird and she is very petite she looks 18.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What do you stand to lose if she says no?

Having her be 30 minutes away could be an awesome setup. That is far enough away to give both of you space and close enough to where you could still hang out frequently. I dont think the age difference should matter, if you feel it would work out try and give it a shot. You got this!

Facebook stalking is also dangerous. It's hard to tell what relation someone has to someone else through pictures.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
What do you stand to lose if she says no?

Having her be 30 minutes away could be an awesome setup. That is far enough away to give both of you space and close enough to where you could still hang out frequently. I dont think the age difference should matter, if you feel it would work out try and give it a shot. You got this!

Facebook stalking is also dangerous. It's hard to tell what relation someone has to someone else through pictures.

I think I'm going to go for it. Never had a girl hook me this bad its weird.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to go for it. Never had a girl hook me this bad its weird.

I know how you feel man.

I've only been in 1 'real' relationship with a girl, so I guess I'm not exactly the best person to be giving you this kind of advice, but I'll still tell you my thoughts if you want.

On the 'long distance' relationship matter, while they are not the greatest idea, some of them do still work out. I'd say that is all up to you guys and what you are comfortable with and willing to do.

As far as her being with other guys, I have always had the same opinion on this. If she is willing to cheat on you during/because of a long distance relationship, than she would be willing to cheat on you if you weren't long distance.

I hope my thoughts on the matter helped in some way. Best of luck.

Reaction score
Don't let distance scare you off. If you two are right for each other, you'll make it work. I dated a girl for a year who was 2,500 miles away in a different country. We worked well for each other and were happy. Plane tickets were expensive but worth it at the time. Things fell apart for non-distance related reasons.

Anyway, a 30 minute drive is nothing. Most people around here drive twice that to get to work on a daily basis. Spend every other weekend together. If you two click, things will be fine. Distance is annoying, but take it from me... I'd rather date someone 30 minutes away than to date someone 5 minutes down the road. People need their personal space and the distance is a great way to get that without having to come up with excuses or upsetting someone.

Should I just man up and let her go?

No. You should man up and take the chance before someone else does.

Reaction score
I had to stop at the second sentence.

" I have a feeling if she becomes mine"

Just be confident, don't over-think and give her a shot. Not a punch but the question :)

Rogu3
Reaction score
There is a girl in my class that I have a mad crush on. She is so beautiful and petite and her smile just makes my day. We text/talk on regular bases mostly about studies and some side conversations too. I have a feeling if she becomes mine she will make me a better person and make me strive harder for my goals. Now this is where I need your advice, I am not a "cat" with approaching girls I can have normal and long conversations and I have the guts to ask out any girl however this situation is different. I am 18 years old and she is 21, She is transferring out to SFSU this fall so this is her last term in my college. SFSU is a 30 minutes drive from where we stay so she probably will be going back and forth however this means that we won't spend that much time together and I've been stalking her on facebook and I saw a picture of her and a guy probably dating however the picture is kinda old and I don't see any recent ones and the guy is all the way in Minnesota. I just feel like all the odds are against me, I find it really hard to crush on a girl but this one got my by the balls.

Should I just man up and let her go? Approach her and see how it goes?

Side note: I could easily pass for a 20 year old so it won't look weird and she is very petite she looks 18.

You have two options on the table, my friend...

Option #1 : Approach her, see how it goes, but don't get too attached. A 30-minute drive ain't much, it could be worse. If you do end up going out with her, you have to be very careful about managing your time with her. You don't want to be around her 24/7 because this will not only piss her off, it will probably duck things up for you (schoolwork and other priorities). However, you don't want to see her once a week. This leaves 6 days a week for her to not see you, and see other people. College is a fucked up thing, people are NOT loyal in college, it's just a fact. My advice for you if you take this route is expect the worst, but hope for the best. (There's a good chance things won't work out if you see her too much or not enough.) It's Murphy's law on this one, "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong." On top of all this, she's three years older than you which leaves a bit of an age gap.

Don't be discouraged by what I've said so far though, I'm just saying don't expect a beautiful marriage from what we only see as a possible relationship. I just want you to take great precautions if you go this route.

Option #2 : Man up and let her go. Nothing to lose going this route except the possibility of a great relationship. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

My recommendation is Option #1 . At least, this way you can say to yourself that you gave it a shot even if things don't work out. In the end, you'll be more satisfied if you choose Option #1 . Option #2 will only leave you wondering about what could've been.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Wreckless could not have said it even better.

Give it a try, there's nothing to lose. Who knows, maybe you end up marrying that girl if things go smooth.

Remember that you're still young, there are millions of thousands girls over there if she says no.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Last day of class I spoke to her and told her since school is finally over we should kick it sometime and she didn't mind so I'm going to text her today to plan something for the weekend.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Remember the latex so they don't get your paychecks.

In all seriousness, dinner for a first date might be a bit heavy, no? I've found coffee dates are good for the first, then a dinner and drinks night out for a second, to be a good order of business.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It doesn't matter where you take her, just make her feel special.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Kick it sometime? Be a man, ask her to dinner.

I don't know why but I find dinner very cliche and just like fallenfate said it can be quiet heavy.

Last edited:
Back