Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Your opinion on online dating

Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
The worst way to get a date. People are desperate and will say they "love you" lip service, they don't love you, they are just desperate to have someone to have sex with casually and always wake up and see that there is someone on the side or someone to supply their need.Summary: Online dating is just for you to go and dust your garage and that's it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It seems to me that there is nothing wrong with that. Only you need to behave in any case politely and correctly. Then everything will be fine

Reaction score
So I've tried quite a bit of online dating, in the end I wasn't that satisfied. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it doesn't work, because it does, but it didn't work for me.

This comes down to 2 things.

1. In pretty much all instances they didn't meet my expectations when I actually met them IRL. I'm not talking physical, but their online persona felt too different from irl, and that connection I felt online, just wasn't there.
2. I've found it's much more introverted people, now mind you I used proper datingsites, and most women just wanted to really get to know you before they met up, so perhaps something more quickly would fit me better, I just didn't like the style of things like Tinder, so I stayed away from it.

In the end I just really like to get to know people without the thought of dating each other, get to know the 'real' person, not some fabricated version that people put up when they think there might be more.

I met my gf 5,5 years ago through my work, and I got to know her a little bit without there being any intentions of romance, so yeah.

So my advice would be to always think about how long you want to interact (through text) before you meet each other, because it can save you a lot of time. Oh and it's perfectly fine for it to not be it, just consider it as a fun night out, I've met a ton of lot of nice women, in fact I only disliked 2 dates out of all of them.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
There are few online dating site is good for everyone but it is need to check all thing before take any decision

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think that more safe is a face-to-face date. Nowadays, there are a lot of psychopaths, and you cannot know for sure who you are writing to.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Wouldn't recommend the regular apps, that's a losing game of only striking egos of narcissistic women.

Actually met a girl on Alex/Quackster development hotel (Classic Habbo), lived with her in my apartment for a while.

When there's a social circle that you are part of, where you contribute and you are of sufficient caliber (physically, mentally and socially); the women will notice.

Ofcourse you'll have to interact with the opposite sex a bit, no women around in sausage fest work environments (neither would I recommend dating anyone you're working with).

Don't chase women, work on yourself. Eventually they'll monkey branch to you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Online dating is a good idea for people who lack confidence; but it'll usually amount to nothing other than finding people that are desperate for attention.

If you're considering online dating; I would suggest picking up hobbies and going out instead.

Side Note:
Meeting people online on platforms not aimed at dating is acceptable and could develop into something. But again, most people who take online relationships seriously cannot sustain them in the real world

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Online dating, huh? I've seen it work wonders for some folks. Finding that 'special someone' might sound cliché, but hey, it's a real thing we all crave.
Personally, I've dabbled in online dating myself. It can be a rollercoaster of experiences, from fun chats to those awkward first dates. But you never know when you'll click with someone, right?
On the flip side, when I'm single and looking for companionship, or just some quality time, I tend to lean toward . They can be a great option for a different kind of connection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Companionship is what we all crave. It's a human condition. Being "with" other people is a basic human construct.

Online dating is certainly not. Online dating currently is a circus of fakery and deception.
It's a cesspit of potential psychological hurt for people who don't realize they are worth more than their online persona.

Go outside. Meet actual people. Engage. Just be a human being. Be yourself and be genuine. Life will embrace you for it.

Back