Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Regarding personal slander of MentaL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
You clearly haven't seen the dev sections recently, ppl host servers only for making money and when they have an issue they just post it and expect someone to fix it for them, afterwards they give nothing in return, not even rep ;\

So people do help, because imho that's why we came here to begin with.

And those are the exact people we should not be helping. It's why a while ago I wanted a dev rank to be added to RZ for those who are contributing new code, and are generally worthwhile supporting from a mod PoV. Hell I'd absolutely love it if all dev sections got organised and made 2 server types, one with a 10 player user cap, and another which is rented to large servers/those with cash shops. It's pretty disgusting that owners are making so much, and the devs are largely doing this stuff for nothing.

This is also why is sickens me when the games studios/publishers target us with this stuff. Devs wouldn't be actively creating content for your game if they didn't love it. What the games studios should be doing is giving these programmers a role within their community. Somewhat like Blizzard does with SC2 mods. Imo it's a failing on their part not to give these people a legit outlet for their creativity. Taking SC2 for example, at least as many people play the mods than those who play the standard game. Same goes for WC2 and DotA. I believe Startrek Online has a system like this where players can create quests, which the GMs can then publish for everyone to play. They effectively get a poop load of content for free.

Simply go after the ones who are profiting, not those who want to contribute to your game...

HAARP
Reaction score
Someone should tell this company to sue the private server owners whose only purpose is to repel as many developers as possible, steal and use copyrighted material and become the parasites that no one likes. If they're the ones making money then they are the ones who should pay for abusing copyrighted images and other copyrighted material when poop goes down. Why? Well, because they're the ones who have the money.

It surprises me that some people in this forum don't know that developers have been getting their heads consistently flushed in the toilets since at least 2006 in these forums. What's more surprising is that developers and others continue to help the private server owners achieve this goal.

Developers here sure are thirsty for toilet water.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And though that they will never stop posting that much of crap it's going to be endless.

RaGEZONER
Reaction score
I also agree,
people with ill intents that abuse, make money and such cause problems and ruin the fun for everyone.

The target should really be those people.
People dont press charges against the fuel industry just because some one is abusing the fuel and burning down the houses now, do they?

Blizzard in this case made the right decision, thinking twice before someone is opening an server and making money off it even tho they didnt put any effort in it to develop.

For home educational & fun purpose this site is great.

Last edited:
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Is it near-to-impossible to make a website that can play videos?

(The first time i read the thread about the Youtube fix i thought that RZ would be playing those videos on the next day.)

Well, that question came to my mind.. The lots of propaganda in middle of videos is annoying. And it seems that people have to, like, worship Youtube, or that Youtube is the only possible way to put a video on internet.. Probably the cloths i wear were patented, so if i appeared on a video, with clothes on, that would be an infraction of intelectual property, since i have not invented clothing, i mean, i bought the shirt, but never the shirt's intellectual rights.

I'm Lovin' it. But if i said that on a Youtube video, i would probably get sued, that clown from hell patented the lovin'..

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am going to be honest Robert

Adding a Dev rank wouldn't be the wrong idea because it actually shows on what possitions certain people are some are just releasers and some are the developers of those releases that they are making I'm preferring you to place that one in to the suggestions thread it might be added.

Also, there are now special ranks for People who contribute in to the forum and the community they are known as legends, although i would prefer legends for people who have been around since 2003 - 2006/7 :p

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am going to be honest Robert

Adding a Dev rank wouldn't be the wrong idea because it actually shows on what possitions certain people are some are just releasers and some are the developers of those releases that they are making I'm preferring you to place that one in to the suggestions thread it might be added.

Also, there are now special ranks for People who contribute in to the forum and the community they are known as legends, although i would prefer legends for people who have been around since 2003 - 2006/7 :p

I do not agree because you can't separate certain kind it's like separating black people and white people giving the white people a special name is going to lead to that the white people acting hard about that name and therefore it would lead to discussions and fights, everyone needs to deserve what he has and if a person contributes so much then he or she deserves the legend rank for their big contributions.

Reaction score
Closing the thread for now. I just think they want to gather attention to their new class on Ran Online (check it out). I for one have nothing against the game nor its development on a personal level. If the company is willing to sponsor our section then this will promote their official product better. While they laugh at my suggestion of sponsoring it would look good to other people. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back