Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Scandinavian bros GTFIH

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yo long time no post

I'm hoping to make an epic journey late this summer or early winter and as I've done Africa last year, why not do a 180 and go north! I've previously been to the Lapland area of Finland and love it there, done everything I wanted to do and more.

So now I'm thinking I'd like to go back, but where? I'm going to Iceland, that's for sure (but a separate trip in itself)... So does anyone know of little gems in Norway, Sweden or Denmark? As alpha as I am, I will stomach the sickening feminised pit of Sweden for adventure, so as you can see I'm very open.

Please don't feel like you can't comment if you've never been, you can recommend places you've seen online/on the TV/or heard of a friend or family member visiting.

Reaction score
I live in Stockholm, and I would recommend going to Stockholm because it's actually quite nice in the Summer.
Other than that you should go to Göteborg and Malmö (from Malmö you can go to Denmark via the massive bridge or vice versa).

When in Stockholm you should go to the old town, do the touristy stuff like going to the royal palace, and all that stuff :).

Regarding a little "Gem" you should go to the bar/restaurant named "Sjätte Tunnan" which means the "Sixth Barell" which is a medieval restaurant and bar.

During the day it's a restaurant (haven't been there for the restaurant though) but during the evening it turns into a bar with tons of big dudes with beards ordering mead. (Oh and quite a few game developers hang around there).

Depending on how much time you spend there's tons of other stuff you can do, and if you want even more tips then you can PM me and I'll help you out planning some more detailed stuff :).

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I live in Stockholm, and I would recommend going to Stockholm because it's actually quite nice in the Summer.
Other than that you should go to Göteborg and Malmö (from Malmö you can go to Denmark via the massive bridge or vice versa).

When in Stockholm you should go to the old town, do the touristy stuff like going to the royal palace, and all that stuff :).

Regarding a little "Gem" you should go to the bar/restaurant named "Sjätte Tunnan" which means the "Sixth Barell" which is a medieval restaurant and bar.

During the day it's a restaurant (haven't been there for the restaurant though) but during the evening it turns into a bar with tons of big dudes with beards ordering mead. (Oh and quite a few game developers hang around there).

Depending on how much time you spend there's tons of other stuff you can do, and if you want even more tips then you can PM me and I'll help you out planning some more detailed stuff :).

I've seen a lot about Stockholm and Gothenburg and I was actually going to buy a trip there not too long ago as it was £80 for a couple of nights with accommodation. It looks awesome and the architecture looks insane. I've also seen pictures of the bridge connecting to Malmo from Denmark too and that's a feat in itself. However I've heard there have been lot of immigration problems there?

What kind of food do they serve in that bar you mentioned? I've definitely love to go to a medieval bar and have a proper viking feast!

I could seriously ask a ton of questions, but most importantly how would you rate Stockholm in comparison to any other city you've visited in the world? And if you had to pick 4 things to do whilst there, what would they be? The old town looks incredible as you've mentioned.

Move along people, nothing to see here! (in Finland) :cool:

Liar! I've only been North but it's by far been in my top 3 countries I've visited. Where do you live?

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
Liar! I've only been North but it's by far been in my top 3 countries I've visited. Where do you live?
In Tampere, quite South.

I'm not one who enjoys sightseeing much so maybe the fact I'm not impressed by whatever might be around doesn't say a whole lot :)

Reaction score
I've seen a lot about Stockholm and Gothenburg and I was actually going to buy a trip there not too long ago as it was £80 for a couple of nights with accommodation. It looks awesome and the architecture looks insane. I've also seen pictures of the bridge connecting to Malmo from Denmark too and that's a feat in itself. However I've heard there have been lot of immigration problems there?

What kind of food do they serve in that bar you mentioned? I've definitely love to go to a medieval bar and have a proper viking feast!

I could seriously ask a ton of questions, but most importantly how would you rate Stockholm in comparison to any other city you've visited in the world? And if you had to pick 4 things to do whilst there, what would they be? The old town looks incredible as you've mentioned.

Well, we have an immigration problem, like a lot of other countries. But it's not something you would really notice as a visitor :).

I don't really know what the restaurant servers, but I have heard good things!
If I had to choose 4 things to do, it would be go to the standard places like the palace and check out the Vasa ship

Then I would check out the old town, and maybe go to Gröna Lund, and other attractions in general. I'm sure the tourist places have a good list of options you could check out! :) Just don't go on a segway tour, they look retarded.

Back