Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How Far Do You Walk Every Day?

Reaction score
So I got thinking about this before, how far do you reckon you walk each day? If you can't walk, how do you get around, and how far do you go each day? I know places in the USA it's abnormal to walk further than to your car, but what about where you live?

I normally walk at least two miles a day, even if I'm working from home I'll go out and stretch my legs. But if I want a longer walk I tend to double that. Add an extra mile on top if I walk to the shop too. I'll happily jog or hike for miles, but I've not been doing that much at all over winter to now. When I move back to England soon I'll be walking regularly up to ten miles a day through the hills, with a look to build on that over time.

grindsmushroom - How Far Do You Walk Every Day? - RaGEZONE Forums 11 - How Far Do You Walk Every Day? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't walk nearly as much as I used to in the past. Back in middle school, 7th grade every day I would skip school (which was about every other day) and I would walk around town and the river trail for around 8 hours.

Even just walking an hour a day has been proven to increase heart, lung and brain health. Not to mention the weight loss, and who doesn't like losing weight? (Especially in America lol)

Reaction score
Don't ever talk poop on Freedom Land. Walking is for poor, undeveloped people.

On a serious note: for the past month, I've been going back to the gym. I run 3 miles every day I'm at the gym + weights. I'd love to walk outdoors more, but my time is consumed by work and school, and the gym is so convenient.

Reaction score
I live about 2,5km from work so I walk that twice a day.
Going to the shop every second day I walk an additional 3km. Not having a car anymore has been great. It's especially nice now that summer is on the way. Even if I still had a car I wouldn't drive these short distances.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ever since I found out I'm allergic to bees i've been hiking a lot less. I had an unfortunate week period two years ago when I stepped in 2 nests. I run 3-4 miles everyday right now and I'm hoping to build up my endurance and attempt a half marathon later this year/next year.

Reaction score
Ever since I found out I'm allergic to bees i've been hiking a lot less. I had an unfortunate week period two years ago when I stepped in 2 nests. I run 3-4 miles everyday right now and I'm hoping to build up my endurance and attempt a half marathon later this year/next year.
Well, the way it looks recently, bees are going to extinct. No more excuses!

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I walk 2 miles at the gym, does that count?

Reaction score
Not sure how far, but I have an app on my iPhone named Breeze and on average I walk about 20-25k steps per day because of my job, manual labour.

I guess it depends on the size of your steps :p

It's a good point though, right now I mostly work from my computer. In the past I spent 6-8 hours workoing out and coaching.

I walk 2 miles at the gym, does that count?

Yep!

Good for me and bad for the rest of the world!
wait a minute....

lol yeah :p

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am on my feet walking all day at work...I average about 5 miles (8 KM) a day...usually around 10,000+ steps a day per my Health app.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I used to record what I walked, and it worked out to be around 6k steps a day, which tbh isn't that much at all. The burdens of a desk job.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
I walk to my toilet and to my bed 3 times a day. That definitely counts!

Reaction score
No clue how much I actually "walk" in a day. Maybe 1-2 miles at most. That doesn't mean I don't get adequate amounts of physical activity. In addition to my normal "walking" I usually cycle 3 miles a day and roughly do 30-60 minutes of "cardio" on equipment (depending if i practice Kung Fu forms or not) in addition to an hour of strength conditioning.

Then of course Sundays I just sit on my butt and veg out....

Back