Whos still around?

MemberRank
    Nov 2007 Join Date
    ColoradoSpringsLocation
    1,290Posts

Whos still around?

Hello I haven't been on here in quite some fucking years. Was thinking about the old community today and decided to pop the fuck on. lol. Anyone still here that we know?

MemberRank
    May 2004 Join Date
    CoruscantLocation
    5,249Posts
    Hello and welcome back friend. Forum's as well as the people who use them actively are both a dying breed it seems. :)

MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    RukongaiLocation
    662Posts
    This is an old and dead community. It's not completely gone, but there's no quality content here anymore. I'm guessing this is maintained mainly for virtual product sales and advertising, but... who wouldn't in that case. I do like to visit here from time to time though, as it's one of my own nostalgic places where I spent a big chunk of my youth.

ModeratorRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    New YorkLocation
    2,907Posts
    Parts of the community are still quite active, not all like it used to be obv. Social media and discord have really put a hurting on forums. Also leechers not contributing back also has hurt forums like this to. I am very active in my section though and push releases often not all of us have died off yet!

MemberRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    USALocation
    692Posts
    @ETTETT Writing code takes a while and getting the motivation to write the code in the first place takes even longer. Community ain't dead, just low on motivation.

MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    RukongaiLocation
    662Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroSamurai View Post
    @ETTETT Writing code takes a while and getting the motivation to write the code in the first place takes even longer. Community ain't dead, just low on motivation.
    I would not be so certain. Writing code is a time-consuming process, especially when working on individual projects. Even if something is published here, much of it is of inferior quality. The truly outstanding content tends to be published in its own dedicated circles. Unfortunately, this means that the RaGEZONE forums are not typically seen as a viable platform for the publication of larger and more comprehensive projects. Established projects, such as TrinityCore, tend to maintain their own dedicated GitHub, forum, and possibly even their own Discord server, rather than using the RaGEZONE.

I sincerely apologize if my words have caused any offense. I only intended to express my perspective, and in no way meant to disrespect anyone or anyone's projects and their quality.

MemberRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    USALocation
    692Posts
    @ETTETT I wasn't offended at all. I would say that those who use own forums, chatrooms, etc... do so out of a desire for control and not because RZ isn't a viable option. Nonetheless, for the most part I was just joking around and speaking of my own lack of motivation to work on my projects lol. Anyways getting off-topic. Sorry OP.

[Internal Coder]Rank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    /home/droppyLocation
    2,046Posts
    Hey there! Welcome back! It's been a while since I've been around, but I'm sure there are still some of us here. Is there anything you were hoping to find or do on here?

MemberRank
    Jul 2006 Join Date
    568Posts
    I miss the good old days, when I was young and excited about games. Now it's just adult life...

p.s. MentaL automated visitor message forced me to write this against my own will

[Internal Coder]Rank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    /home/droppyLocation
    2,046Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nanoman View Post
    I miss the good old days, when I was young and excited about games. Now it's just adult life...

p.s. MentaL automated visitor message forced me to write this against my own will
    just adult life sums it up. but it's cool. get a subs and join spamzilla at least. better than whatsapp I find

MemberRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date
    5,130Posts
    We should do some sort of reunion on discord or something

MemberRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    C:\inetpub\wwwLocation
    403Posts
    Wow. Haven't logged in for years, and came back to check in. The Habbo Community is rly dead :(

forever and ever :)

MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    1,881Posts
    I visit the forums from time to time for the nostalgia factor. Boy has the internet and society changed since I was 15 (when I first signed up for RZ).

MemberRank
    Oct 2004 Join Date
    TorontoLocation
    1,310Posts
    I'll still log in from time to time - the forums been loading real slow lately. I like that it's still up and running though.

Advertisement