Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Corsair/Nova Log Monitor System

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Again.

I am here to share my latest game server utility. This one is simply called "LogMonitor"

What it does is allows you to monitor the logs of your Non-Emulator Nova and Corsair servers. This is particularly important for those running the Corsair servers who are being presented with black consoles when running it. What LogMonitor does for you is watches your server log directories for any new files being created and launching a "Tail"-type viewer to watch what is happening in them in real-time.

The Sourcerer - Corsair/Nova Log Monitor System - RaGEZONE Forums

This is what it looks like running in my Corsair server VM.
(RageZone keeps fackin deleting my images so here's a link to it)

How it works:

You launch the LogMonitor program before starting any of your server .cmd files. If you have not done so already add the log folders for your servers. If you have only one as with the Nova server, that is fine. If you have a Corsair server, you need to monitor the log folder you add a log folder for each of the Field and Auth/Manager servers. If you want LogMonitor to start monitoring your logs immediately at startup, set the auto monitoring checkbox. Your settings are remembered after you have them set up.

As you start each of your server .cmd files, one of the first things the server does is create a log file for that run. LogMonitor watches for the creation of this file and pops up a "Tail"-type file viewer/monitor so you can see what is going on.

LogMonitor uses ( ) for this function and I have included it for you. LogExpert is a Tail file viewer that takes the display of these logs a step further and formats them for you similar to my previously released log viewer program. It makes them a LOT easier to read - which is why you might want to use it with a Nova server too. The only thing LogExpert does not do is language translation for you (sorry). LogExpert is a pretty involved viewer that goes far beyond dealing with only Black Desert log files. But its disk space is only about a bit over 3MB.

Once the logs are being displayed you can go ahead and close the LogMonitor program since it has done it's duty.

Installation:

It is easy to install. Just unzip it where you want the program to live. There is no installer and it does not mess with your registry. It does not need to be anywhere special as long as all the files in the archive are kept together. I would suggest dragging a shortcut to it onto your desktop for easy access.

Usage:

As I have already said, you run LogMonitor, set it up and start its monitoring functions before you run your servers.

Be aware though if you close one of the log windows, you will not be able to view that log unless you launch LogExpert manually and open the file you were watching. LogMonitor catches only newly created files and handles them for you. It will not attempt to pop up viewers that are already there.

tl;dr

There you have it. Let me know your thoughts in the thread.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage or liability resulting from your use of the program in this release. If your computer begins singing like Bruno Mars, it has nothing to do with me. While I believe this is a beneficial program for you to use, it is not my decision for you to use it.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A future release may include a modified version of my BDOLogReader that adds built-in translation functions as a File Tail reader. I am a little hesitant to do that because it will make this utility specific to BDO json Log files and not so useful on other non-json log content types.

As it stands today the LogMonitor/LogExpert setup will work with ANY log file and format its display based on its content as long as there is a plug in for that content. Like many of my utility releases it is not BDO specific.

Back