Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Nova server files + source code (819)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone has a working client working for this version of server that actually let you login and play the server ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can use BDOEvolution client, but i think you will have to bypass the ip block

Laia - Nova server files + source code (819) - RaGEZONE Forums

You can't just take the client from 2021 and expect it to work with the server from 2019. It doesn't let you create Nova and Guardian characters. Older characters do get ingame but after the starter quests were reworked in 2020, you're blocked on the first interaction with Black Spirit. That one you can't just skip, it forces you to accept which is not in server quests table. Clearly the server is missing all of the weekly updates that PA added to the client over the years. Hope you didn't pay too much for this.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok good news is you can unpack quests from client and push into server. Bad news is the server doesn't support "new reward type exploreexp", which is extensively used throughout the client quest table. Doubt about it being new, exploration has always been a part of BDO progression system AFAIK. Still stuck at black spirit dialog, looking forward for some sweet java experience.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Would not have it on Google Drive or another server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yay, finally learning to walk. Some ENUMs on java side needed to be expanded to account for the new O'Dyllita content. Of course just like kroviox said, there's no Edan to talk to. And the Forest Spirits prefer not to notice the swings of my mighty sword. Nevertheless, pretty confident now to get level 20 before July.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tired of the imperturbable Tree Spirits' company, I took a walk to Western Guard Camp. No signs of goblin intrusion yet, just my old wood buddies all the way down. At the entrance there was this chill guy called Duvayne (also known as 40134). He showed me an invisible barricade, and also assured me he doesn't know no Edans. Take a look yourself, he said, and showed me -6_0_2_npc.xml.
- See? I've been here since the very first release. And your imaginary friend 40768 is not in this, or any other sector for that matter!
I rolled my eyes and wandered off back to the ruins, where the empty space was lit by the pillar of light that marks the quest objective.

MEET EDAN

So where's this bloke hiding? No sign of him in regionclientdata.xml, not even a mention in the bexcel. At least he's left some record in characterstatic.dbss so that's a start. Some trivia: HP = 10000, Talkable flag = True, ActionScriptFile = npc/quest/renewal/npc_main_quest, and Weight = 50000 (grams, presumably). No location, of course. Guess I'll have to unpack every single PAZ overnight to do a full blown sweep for the elusive 40768.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Would be nice if instead of roleplaying you could share a working client for this version , or a method to get in with bdoevolution/new melissia client :p:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The great unpack resulted in 522720 files instead of 522723 listed in the pad00000.meta. Some of them with really messed up filenames. Deeply frustrated, I delved deep into multibyte and wide strings theory. After a couple hours of bit mangling and class jungling, gave up and just snached a piece of code from a korean website. Looks like there's no constant for codepage 949 in WinAPI, you just type in a literal .

In the end it turned out nothing to do with string encodings, the client simply had three duplicated entries. #na#ui_start_ci.dds and kakao_text.bmp both featuring a large EVOLUTION BDO logo, and a third one being a Bink2 video which I was unable to enjoy in its full glory even with VLC. Probably also a crude job of someone trying to market PA's work as of their own.

Back to the Edan issue, though. Half a million files sure sounds like a lot. But only 55 of them contain a 40768 string. The answer was as close as ever. There's no Edan in regionclientdata.xml, but there surely is in regionclientdata_en_.xml and 14 other region-specific xmls. I plopped the English one into the server and... well, no miracle. At least the server sends far more SMAddNpcs now, one of them with the long-awaited 40768. Doesn't show up in the client though.

Sanim96, run EVO client, wait until main menu, put 2 NOPs in BlackDesert64.exe process memory at offset 0xE2A7F6, then click start

Last edited:
Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
The great unpack resulted in 522720 files instead of 522723 listed in the pad00000.meta. Some of them with really messed up filenames. Deeply frustrated, I delved deep into multibyte and wide strings theory. After a couple hours of bit mangling and class jungling, gave up and just snached a piece of code from a korean website. Looks like there's no constant for codepage 949 in WinAPI, you just type in a literal .

In the end it turned out nothing to do with string encodings, the client simply had three duplicated entries. #na#ui_start_ci.dds and kakao_text.bmp both featuring a large EVOLUTION BDO logo, and a third one being a Bink2 video which I was unable to enjoy in its full glory even with VLC. Probably also a crude job of someone trying to market PA's work as of their own.

Back to the Edan issue, though. Half a million files sure sounds like a lot. But only 55 of them contain a 40768 string. The answer was as close as ever. There's no Edan in regionclientdata.xml, but there surely is in regionclientdata_en_.xml and 14 other region-specific xmls. I plopped the English one into the server and... well, no miracle.

Sanim96, run EVO client, wait until main menu, put 2 NOPs in BlackDesert64.exe process memory at offset 0xE2A7F6, then click start

Damn, a lot of work. You did all this alone?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright there's a huge issue incoming. Thought it's about time to update the server's Characters table, since it's still in its 2019 state. There are two sources I found to do that: dbss and bexcel. Except neither of those is particularly good. DBSS lacks quite a lot of fields and has all monsters HP set to 1 (almost all - stone crabs being an exception, and some more). Bexcel has more columns, but has all monsters HP set to 0. Hope the client has this data stashed somewhere else. Also after a debugging session, it looks like the client doesn't use bexcel in normal gameplay scenarios, I dunno why is it even included in the download.

For reference:

characterstatic.dbss has 14202 entries and 127 fields.
Fields missing: Exp, SkillPointExp, DropID, LootAuthorityTime, all the combat related stuff like DDD, RHIT, MDV etc.

Character_Table in bexcel has 15472 rows / 185 cols.
15472 = 14202 common with dbss + 1270 unique. Unique ones are mostly not covered by bdocodex.
New cols vs the supplied "nova" sqlite seem legit: variedOceanTendencyOnDead, FeverCost etc - those are the features added in the last year or so.

Honestly the client doesn't even need local HP data - putting a monster on the battle field requires a SMAddMonster packet, which contains the HP value. Still have to find those values somewhere if you want to experience the most recent content. One little thing though: their HP is not filled in at bdocodex... which means the admin there also hit the same wall.

Ledie, there's a saying, 9 women can't make a baby in a month. The complexity of a project is proportional to number people involved, squared. The communication friction kills all pace.

Last edited:
Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
Ledie, there's a saying, 9 women can't make a baby in a month. The complexity of a project is proportional to number people involved, squared. The communication friction kills all pace.

Sorry, but i dont understand that part of women xD, sorry. Also you're sharing all this logs and knowledges here for nothing, to be honest take a look on date where theses files got leaked and take a look in the progress where the same persons whos leak, did; You was like me in the begging, trying to fix, trying to work with a team, that is great, if you really want fix, contact me via private message

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
duck this guy

One byte is all he needed to appear

This certainly takes the prize for most hours spent per byte

Think I've got the combat figured out, basically all the packets have field orders changed since 2019 and there are some random gaps inbetween so it's quite tedious to repair. As you can see SMAddDeadBody is not working and looting too. But slowly getting there. At least I have lots of Edans now to compensate for the whole month without him!

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Think I've got the combat figured out, basically all the packets have field orders changed since 2019 and there are some random gaps inbetween so it's quite tedious to repair. As you can see SMAddDeadBody is not working and looting too. But slowly getting there. At least I have lots of Edans now to compensate for the whole month without him!

Creature updating should be more streamlined to the client a little more frequently. Client updating creature coordinates needs some work - as for looting, that should be handled and defined via a packet, you just need to get NPC state to update when the creature dies instead of disappearing to see if this feature is handled already client-sided.

Keep up the awesome work! :) I'm sure if you need help, work with Ledie, since their Archer files contains a lot of these fixes, I'm sure they can provide some insight and possible some code to convert to work with this base to fix a lot of things.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

There are reported sightings of a giant woman in the Forest of Seclusion. She unleashed a disproportionate amount of anger on the poor Spirits, the reason being - there are no foxes in the fox quest area. More importantly, this means a new 600MB binaryactionchart is working nicely. Also needs an sqlite update: without proper item and skill data, she either a) spawns with no axe, b) can't learn the leftclick c) deals no damage, or d) logouts on landing an attack.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Oh my, was wondering why the heck does Edan have a Weight parameter. Turns out it's indeed used in combat calculations, probably controls the amount of knockback when hit.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

The warrior of the sands joins the hunt! Bit of a tricky one, as always. All characters up to Guardian have a FixedDamageEffect buff on their leftclick (skill 1018 > buff 5825 for warrior, etc). Since Hasashin, however, this is no longer the case: skill 5468 has no FixedDamage buff attached. A separate Skill_Attack_Table is now used to store the attack damage values, with skillNo 5468 having 2910000 PVE_1 damage which looks quite reasonable. A new sqlite data holder and an additional attack handler on java side should do the trick.

Regarding the DOT component of Hasa leftclick, it's executed via buff 18056. The good news is that it does exist, the bad part is it has all Params, as well as ValidityTime and RepeatTime, set to 0 in both dbss and bexcel. Typing in the values from tooltip into sqlite works, but that is not a scalable approach.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Want to take a break from the dreaded frame events, maybe try fishing? Oh wait fishing is also very much based on frame events. FISHING_WAIT event transitions into FISHING_HOOK_READY on condition 161. In Acharnes client, 161 means simply wait for FishingTime elapsed. In Evo client, besides FishingTime there is an additional check which is enabled by a new SMFishingGrade packet. Without implementing it you're stuck with endless cast and no bite.

Also had a good laugh at whoever worked on the SMSetGameTime packet which as you can guess by the name, is used to keep client and server clocks in sync. Well they just put static byte values in there, because why not. This also contributes to a no bite scenario.

Sadly, no actual fishes are to be caught since subgroup 10957 is empty.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
any plans to upload this?

Someday when it's at least remotely playable. I am currently looking for a convenient way to create my own spawnplacements. This is crucial because what's shared here has some old pre-Great Sea spawns, and the client only has NPCs and almost no monsters packed in. Even combining these two sources together leaves you without foxes for .

The options here are either a standalone map editor - like a full blown GIS software - which is a couple weeks' work on its own. Or just an ingame chat command like /spawn that persists between server launches, maybe writes directly to spawns.xml. Which I don't like either because it's Java and every compile takes 3 minutes on my laptop, totally not healthy. However, being a pain addict I'm probably going to make both.

Back