Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Nova server files + source code (819)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Oooh what's that cutie? Meet QQQQQ the nightowl.

Nova is kinda working but not exactly. Her shadow guards are not spawned and there's an UNKNOWN PACKET reported by the server each time you use Q. This packet does exist even in Acharnes client (id 0xBF3), but never implemented on server. Probably had some extremely niche use before, but pretty common now with the nova skills. So it's a build-from-scratch situation. I'll have to force myself to play some nova on retail first, to get a feel of how the shadow guards should work.

Not really feeling like it just now, instead spent the whole week fixing pets/servants/maids/npcworkers to maybe investigate how ai-controlled entities are handled in general.

Reaction score

Oooh what's that cutie? Meet QQQQQ the nightowl.

Nova is kinda working but not exactly. Her shadow guards are not spawned and there's an UNKNOWN PACKET reported by the server each time you use Q. This packet does exist even in Acharnes client (id 0xBF3), but never implemented on server. Probably had some extremely niche use before, but pretty common now with the nova skills. So it's a build-from-scratch situation. I'll have to force myself to play some nova on retail first, to get a feel of how the shadow guards should work.

Not really feeling like it just now, instead spent the whole week fixing pets/servants/maids/npcworkers to maybe investigate how ai-controlled entities are handled in general.

Nice work, good luck you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK I'm dumb it's simply CMAiOrderToNPC, and it must have been implemented before, just for the wizard golems alone. However when it cycles through the list of nova summons - there is none.

Reaction score
OK I'm dumb it's simply CMAiOrderToNPC, and it must have been implemented before, just for the wizard golems alone. However when it cycles through the list of nova summons - there is none.

i think you add need AI file for nova summon or add in database

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The skill in question is which casts buff#18123 of ModuleType=18 aka SummonCharacter. These kind of buffs should have charKey of the summonee stored in param0, but in Evo client all params are nulled out. Same issue as with Hasashin DOT, except that one had all the params helpfully listed in the tooltip, and nova summons are not. The tooltip just mentions some names like Thornwood Guard which is not particularly useful. So the task is to find which one of 15468 characters is supposed to be summoned. Obviously not doing anything when it's set to 0.

The approach here is to simply print out all characters that are new to Evo vs the 777 (there are only 2854 of those). Short excerpt: can you spot which one?

60165 요정님
60166 대지의 창
60167 마력 폭풍
60168 모래의 주술
60169 검은 군단

Much easier to include the ActionScripts that are attached to each character:

60165 요정님 PC_Summon/ShaiFairy_F
60166 대지의 창 PC_Summon/Shai_Meteorite_F
60167 마력 폭풍 PC_Summon/Wizard_Storm
60168 모래의 주술 PC_Summon/SandStormSprit
60169 검은 군단 PC_Summon/Region/BlackFighterWoman_Region_1Lv

May I suggest calling this a black fighter woman server rather than a nova server?

Laia - Nova server files + source code (819) - RaGEZONE Forums

Aand of course the AiScript is also missing so the guard is just standing there like a dummy.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since combat relies heavily on network quality, both client and server contain their versions of monster AI, which I suppose are identical - in order to provide consistent visuals in case of a brief connection loss. Different formats are used however: that is, xml on client and plain java on server side.

By comparing server java files from what's refered to as "the ogrefest leak" and client ai files from same time period, a conversion process can be established that makes possible to also turn post-leak client AI files to a server format. Same pipeline can then be applied beyond nova guards to new monster types, bosses, etc.

I have a barebones converter now but have to dig deeper into the AI behind-the-scenes. The issue is, blackfighter2_region.ai when called in a default fashion (via InitialState) explicitly tells the guard to kill itself after 5 cycles in Wait_hide state. So it shows no signs of actual intelligence yet, just self-destructs in a puff of smoke right after spawn.

Need to find an alternate entry point into the guard AI state machine which does not involve a premature Die() call. There's a state called Summon which looks promising. Actually a tamer wolf is automatically routed from InitialState to Summon state on cast; why couldn't they just do the same with nova guards?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
shrddr, I find it absolutely amazing what you are doing, all you people like you and Ledie and caicai are incredible from my point of view. I'm barebones an idiot with stuff like this, so I just wanted to share my appreciation that you put your time and effort in this and I'm rooting for you!!

Sorry for the baseline useless post, but I just felt like expressing my gratitude ^-^ I hope it is okay.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello people of ragezone !
I'm looking about all opcode NOVA/HASHASHIN version. 819
I found how to bypass login whif this source work very well just need opcodes for gameserver. (I'm IN)
Thanks alot for all your effort and that community the best !!
BTW gl HF ..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have the evo client files i hope they work just i need is server files at least i can try something

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi, just downloaded the database. what game client do you use? i already uninstalled bdoevo a year ago.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Please could someone revive the fallen links or some mirror? Thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When launching GameServer I have a problem of
Unrecognized VM option 'UseParNewGC'Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.C:\Users\User\Downloads\NoVaServernClient\Odo\NAVO.7z\ServerNOVA\Server\worldserver>

It would be very appreciated if someone provide a solution. By the way what is the suitable Java version should I use. I am using jdk-14.0.1 and jdk-16.0.1

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
open it with notpad "realmserver.bat" and "gameserver.bat" files, and change "-XX:+UseParNewGC" with "-XX:+UseG1GC"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much my friend I have followed your instruction but it still does not work I think it may have some other issues

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Highlight the server folder and just delete that poop )

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much my friend I have followed your instruction but it still does not work I think it may have some other issues

1- you need download and install OpenJDK14U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_14.0.2_12.msi and OpenJDK14U-jre_x64_windows_hotspot_14.0.2_12.msi google it.

2- in gameserver.bat :
set DEFAULT_JVM_OPTS="-server" "-XX:+DisableAttachMechanism" -Xms256m -Xmx6G -XX:MaxNewSize=24m -XX:NewSize=24m -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:-UseSplitVerifier -XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions

3- in realmserver.bat:
set DEFAULT_JVM_OPTS="-server" "-XX:+DisableAttachMechanism" -Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxNewSize=24m -XX:NewSize=24m -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions

Back