Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Release: BDO leaked commercial log viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have created a utility that makes reading these json-formatted log files a LOT easier

It is a BDO JSON Log file viewer for ALL BDO servers based on the leaked commercial files.

Compare this to looking at a raw JSON file:
The Sourcerer - Release: BDO leaked commercial log viewer - RaGEZONE Forums

The Sourcerer - Release: BDO leaked commercial log viewer - RaGEZONE Forums

It breaks that messy log into something that can be read easily by humans. It also contains a translation function to translate the highlighted cell.

It is specialized to deal with BDO Log files so do not try using it to view any other kind of .json file.

Functions:
Translation - pick your source and destination language (there is no auto detect function. You need to know what the source language is). Highlight one or more cells to be translated, right click and select translate. Uses the old subscription-free google translate web api. This api may go away at any time on google's whim and when that happens, the translate functions will stop working.

Opening files - files can be opened in one of 4 ways -
  1. Drag a log .json file onto an open log viewer window and drop it.
  2. Drag a log .json file onto the program's desktop icon and drop it.
  3. Put the from the command line with the file name as a command line parameter. Be sure to put the file name in quotes if the directory contains one or more spaces.
  4. Using the handy "Open Log File" menu.

The columns may be resized. I For performance reasons I do not do this automatically for you. You can resize the columns individually by either dragging the separator between titles or selecting "Resize Column" when you have a cell in that column selected and right click. Resizing textual columns can take a little while on large logs.

You can also automagically fit all the columns on the spreadsheet by either selecting "Resize All columns (slow!)" or by clicking the "Resize Columns". Be warned though - this takes a lot of time on large log files whether triggered from the menu bar or pop-up menu.

Known issues:
Date/Time column not populating
Translation does not work for the application itself. The application is written in English. The translation is only for the data you are highlighting.

Not a bug
All context menu functions depend on having a highlighted or selected cell and will mostly work on information around that selected cell. This is because the selected cell contains information to drive the Translate and column resize functions when you select in the pop-up menu. Right mouse clicking over the cell is not enough.

You can also do multiple translations at once by selecting a group of contiguous cells. You cannot select the entire row and have the translation function work. This is to prevent overloading the Google web api and slowing things down to a crawl.

Requirements:
This application is written in c#/.Net 6 You will need that installed before you can run it.

Hope you like it. Let me know what you think of it

---------- UPDATE -------------
- Fixed the data display issues.
- Added an application icon.
-------
- known issue "English is highlighted as the source language and Korean as the target. You will want to switch these before translating anything :)
The above link will get you the updated version

Notice:

This application is my personal Intellectual Property. It does not contain any unauthorized third party IP (intellectual Property).
Any claims of otherwise are false.

With that out of the way I hereby provide my explicit permission for anyone to use this application in any way they see fit beyond claiming themselves as the IP owner. It is provided free to you by myself for your own use.

I do not however accept responsibility for any damage, no matter how unlikely, you may cause your self or your equipment when using this application. If your computer starts dancing the Macarena it is not MY fault!

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for this!! seems pretty nice, tired of switching windows for the google translator....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back