Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] odoRE v1.0 Alpha - Remastered Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
## [Instructions] ##
- NEVER!! open the MongoDB server port (27017 TCP) to the internet! It's NOT required and will get you hacked!
- Update the MongoDB software whenever there is a new release!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry. I didn't get it right. What exactly do you mean?

It works very beautifully. Sadly, horse riding doesn't work properly.
(can't summon with HORSE EMBLEM 1~8tier, HORSE EMBLEM: DREAM~ can summon but horses doesn't run properly.)
Thank you for all of your hard work!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After this version is released, will the subsequent fixes be integrated?
We're still actively working on the odoRE server. If we've made progress (e.g. implemented some fixes) we'll make a new release of course.

## [Instructions] ##
- NEVER!! open the MongoDB server port (27017 TCP) to the internet! It's NOT required and will get you hacked!
- Update the MongoDB software whenever there is a new release!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry. I didn't get it right. What exactly do you mean?
The odoRE server uses an embedded/portable version of MongoDB Community Edition for its database. This database software is used by the odoRE server to store and retrieve player data (like inventories, login details, etc.).

Because it's only required for the odoRE server to be able to connect to MongoDB (only the odoRE server has to store/retrieve data), you should block all external connections to MongoDB using your (Windows) firewall. Since the embedded/portable MongoDB is not password protected, not blocking connections to it could result in everyone on the Internet being able to access and edit the database. Including usernames, passwords, inventory data, etc. This is considered a serious security risk with a high probability of being exploited. That's why we chose to explicitly mention it in the instructions.

Next to that, MongoDB is still under active development. We've put the latest version of MongoDB Community Edition (portable) inside the release folder to make the one-click-run possible. But since MongoDB is still in active development, bugs and security leaks will most likely be found. Therefore we decided to also include the recommendation to update the included MongoDB version whenever the MongoDB developers release a new version.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Akida : Do you know if it's possible to add or modify obtaining black spirit rage ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We're still actively working on the odoRE server. If we've made progress (e.g. implemented some fixes) we'll make a new release of course.

The odoRE server uses an embedded/portable version of MongoDB Community Edition for its database. This database software is used by the odoRE server to store and retrieve player data (like inventories, login details, etc.).

Because it's only required for the odoRE server to be able to connect to MongoDB (only the odoRE server has to store/retrieve data), you should block all external connections to MongoDB using your (Windows) firewall. Since the embedded/portable MongoDB is not password protected, not blocking connections to it could result in everyone on the Internet being able to access and edit the database. Including usernames, passwords, inventory data, etc. This is considered a serious security risk with a high probability of being exploited. That's why we chose to explicitly mention it in the instructions.

Next to that, MongoDB is still under active development. We've put the latest version of MongoDB Community Edition (portable) inside the release folder to make the one-click-run possible. But since MongoDB is still in active development, bugs and security leaks will most likely be found. Therefore we decided to also include the recommendation to update the included MongoDB version whenever the MongoDB developers release a new version.

Thank you so much for your kind explanation!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@Akida
Do you have a solution to the bug itemmarket? Thank you very much
is
2020-06-09 19:20:02,232 ERROR c.b.c.n.ReceivablePacket 51 run - Error while running CMRegisterItemAtItemMarket packet
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.bdoemu.gameserver.model.items.services.ItemMarketService.getMasterItemMarket(ItemMarketService.java:230) ~[gameserver-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
at com.bdoemu.gameserver.model.creature.player.itemPack.events.RegisterItemAtItemMarketEvent.canAct(RegisterItemAtItemMarketEvent.java:110) ~[gameserver-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
at com.bdoemu.gameserver.model.creature.player.itemPack.PlayerBag.onEvent(PlayerBag.java:63) ~[gameserver-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
at com.bdoemu.core.network.receivable.CMRegisterItemAtItemMarket.runImpl(CMRegisterItemAtItemMarket.java:151) ~[gameserver-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
at com.bdoemu.commons.network.ReceivablePacket.run(ReceivablePacket.java:48) [commons-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
at com.bdoemu.commons.network.Connection.channelRead(Connection.java:137) [commons-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.handler.timeout.IdleStateHandler.channelRead(IdleStateHandler.java:287) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1334) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:926) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:134) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:644) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:579) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:496) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:458) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:138) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832) [?:?]
2020-06-09 19:20:17,456 ERROR c.b.c.n.ReceivablePacket 51 run - Error while running CMRegisterItemAtItemMarket packet
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.bdoemu.gameserver.model.items.services.ItemMarketService.getMasterItemMarket(ItemMarketService.java:230) ~[gameserver-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
at com.bdoemu.gameserver.model.creature.player.itemPack.events.RegisterItemAtItemMarketEvent.canAct(RegisterItemAtItemMarketEvent.java:110) ~[gameserver-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
at com.bdoemu.gameserver.model.creature.player.itemPack.PlayerBag.onEvent(PlayerBag.java:63) ~[gameserver-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
at com.bdoemu.core.network.receivable.CMRegisterItemAtItemMarket.runImpl(CMRegisterItemAtItemMarket.java:151) ~[gameserver-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
at com.bdoemu.commons.network.ReceivablePacket.run(ReceivablePacket.java:48) [commons-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
at com.bdoemu.commons.network.Connection.channelRead(Connection.java:137) [commons-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?]
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:310) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:284) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.handler.timeout.IdleStateHandler.channelRead(IdleStateHandler.java:287) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1334) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:926) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:134) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:644) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:579) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:496) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:458) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:138) [netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832) [?:?]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your kind explanation!
No prob!

@Akida : Do you know if it's possible to add or modify obtaining black spirit rage ?
Any server side multipliers can be found in the config files but I'm not sure where this one is at exactly

@Akida Do you have a solution to the bug itemmarket? Thank you very muchis2020-06-09 19:20:02,232 ERROR c.b.c.n.ReceivablePacket 51 run - Error while running CMRegisterItemAtItemMarket packetjava.lang.NullPointerException: null at com.bdoemu.gameserver.model.items.services.ItemMarketService.getMasterItemMarket(ItemMarketService.java:230)
Good question! I'll run this error by the team to see if we can reproduce it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there any way I could help? Like update the pockets or scan smth from client? Is there any "missing picket" logic here implemented so ppl could fill the missing ones? after finding original?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how to can i fix to register a horse? it's not working.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all, Thanks for your hard work!! I was waiting for this years!! And finally it worked perfectly as you said, and no problems following your instructions (thanks again for make our lives "noobs" easier).

I have only one question, I have seen taht I need access level 4 to be able to use console commands, but I don´t know (I´m a noob) what file I have to edit, or where.

I have opened several files with notepad+ and searched for acces level or my username, but I failed. So, can you tell me what file I have to edit? And if is it doable with notepad+ or I need something more?

Thanks in advance, I´m following all your progress with this project!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To get the access level, download Studio 3T or Robo 3T.
Found errors:
Altinova (and most of the Media, did not check everything), the conversation with any character does not start and it hangs that you won’t talk to anyone else (respectively, and you won’t get an awakening) when you try to exit the game, the window hangs suspiciously, and the GameServer console says packet error.
Carts are not recorded. Not all chests open from the store (F3); the spacebar does not work to stop the randomization of the chest. Initial quests, as I understand it, you have so far brought to a certain level (before talking to the goblins' shelter in my opinion) there is simply no character to speak with.
P.S. You have done a lot of work, Lahn and Archer started up and a lot has been done around the world, I hope for further corrections of errors.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, it worked!

I have only one doubt more. I have readed all the thread and I still don´t understand this:
NEVER!! open the MongoDB server port (27017 TCP)
It means that?:
1-I have to open my firewall settings and block that port.
2-I have to do nothing because that port is probably closed by default in my firewall.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do nothing, usually there are no problems with this port.

still a mistake with the guild, with its creation you corrected the mistake, but you cannot conclude a contract, and without it you cannot get guild skill points, and you cannot buy a guild house.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do nothing, usually there are no problems with this port.

still a mistake with the guild, with its creation you corrected the mistake, but you cannot conclude a contract, and without it you cannot get guild skill points, and you cannot buy a guild house.

Ok thanks. By the way, is it normal that the pearl shop is in korean instead of english?

I'm testing all, and most of the things work as intended. Still in my way to Heidel, so lots of things to check. Until this point only notice that you can't have horses and some low level enemies that have purple names instead grey.

The rest is ok for me, I don't have lag or missing animations, etc

The work that must have been done is incredible!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Here's what i got so far that doesn't work for me so far -

-Most forms of inventory chest (loot, cash shop, quest) do not open except for classes that auto open upon receiving items from quests or loot. When right clicking...Notification leads to nothing happening.Exception is the weapon box given in the mail when you make a new character.(edit) If one puts militia boxes in storage (at least in velia) and right-click it opens the box. (cash shop outfits do not work with this still)

-Skills have trouble unlocking. As you click, it makes a noise, but does nothing. Spam click...sometimes it goes through, if you reset the points and click to unlock skill...sometimes goes through. OR it doesn't work at all... I have no idea.

-Can put materials in processing slots and start craft, but crafting sits there forever. System notification also says nothing (such as failing or succeeding)

-Can not register horse emblems into stables; however donkeys and wagons work.

-Horse taming is impossible as for 1, processing is broken for the sugar lumps, and 2, horses do not react to the player lassoing them. They continue to run away while lassoed.

-Market registration fails. Notification leads to nothing happening. (seems like most things that have notifications: "are you sure...etc" lead to nothing happening).

-NPC's dont attack half the time or get lost on tracking or its super delayed, real easy to kill anything at the moment.

Otherwise this is by far the best one ive seen so far, amazing work!!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
plz tell me.How to turn on the weather system?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there any way to increase character slots? Are limited to 6 and pearl/loyalty increase coupons don´t work.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. By the way, is it normal that the pearl shop is in korean instead of english?

I'm testing all, and most of the things work as intended. Still in my way to Heidel, so lots of things to check. Until this point only notice that you can't have horses and some low level enemies that have purple names instead grey.

The rest is ok for me, I don't have lag or missing animations, etc

The work that must have been done is incredible!

The cash shop should be in English because it been solved with an add-on files released on ODO discord long time ago. Are you using nupey's remastered client? Then your cash shop need English translation data. If you're using this client and still have Korea texts on cash shop then it meant the client is pretty much is the same ones as nopey plus additional data add on.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there any way to increase character slots? Are limited to 6 and pearl/loyalty increase coupons don´t work.

Try the ‘characterSlots’ field in the loginserver db account table.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried to find out how to modify the black spirit rage, but I didn't find it :(

Anyone know where is it exactly ? :)

Thx

Back