Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips

Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
2HBoFpN - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

Hello everyone, I know there is no tutorial on how to work with .PAZ files, I have never done a tutorial because I spent 1 whole month just studying something you will love.

Remembering that all tutorials will be added in this thread, it will basically be a thread for .PAZ file tutorials, only.

How to inject extracted/modified files into .PAZ file again
Let's go, you will need the Meta Injector, to transform the extracted files into .PAZ files again

Download the Meta Injector from

After downloading the Meta Injector you will have the compressed file as shown in the image below.

lQ4DmqQ - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

After you extract the file you will have a folder called "Files_to_Patch" and the "Meta Injector.exe"

T6UahdM - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

Inside the folder "Files_To_Patch" you will put the modified files that were extracted, yes, you must put the files with the original patch from where you extracted it.

In case you don't understand, follow the example below.

LTadmFH - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

Let's suppose I want to extract only the file: #gt#login_bi_02.dds

As shown in the image with the PAZ_Unpacker tool.

When I select this single file to be extracted, automatically the folders that show in the image will come: ui_texture/new_ui_common_for_lua/window/lobby and inside the "lobby" folder will have the file "#gt#login_bi_02.dds"

So I after modifying the file: #gt#login_bi_02.dds

I will just replace the original you extracted with it, you should keep the original folders I mentioned above and drag the folder into the "Files to patch" folder.

As show on image below

fkVuIxS - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

So far so good, now let's mess with the Meta Injector.exe tool.You will need to copy your .pad fileWhich is located in your PAZ folder at the root of your game, you will only copy pad00000.meta

STKv2qB - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

After you have copied your: pad00000.meta.You will paste it in the same folder where your Meta Injector.exe is located, as shown in the photo below.
cy5Gkfm - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

After you have copied your pad00000.meta file into the same folder as your Meta Injector.exe, you will start your Meta Injector with double click and a tab like this will appear

4u4fQwJ - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

The following options will appear above, here I will explain them before we take the next step

1 - Run Injector: It will continue to inject the files you put in the "files to patch" folder.

2 - Undo last changes: As he already says, he will redo the changes that occurred in the pad00000.meta file, but it won't be completely, it will be since the last backup file.

3 - Restore Backup: As the name implies, it will restore the backup so that it is clean as if it was the first time it was created, thus removing all modifications.

4 - List patched files: It will show you the list of all files that have been modified in this pad00000.meta file

5 - Prevent file Recheck: Unfortunately I have never used this option, if I find out which server I will change this description for.

Well, now let's go back to the tutorial, you will select option 1 (run injector and press ENTER key

And wait for the injection process.

okM3okG - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

How to extract .PAZ files
Well, the tutorial to extract the file will be very easy, you will have to first download Paz Unpacker by .

It will come in a winrar file, extract it to any folder you want

dzClK6Q - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

After extracting, you will see a file called: PAZ-Unpacker.exeAs shown in the image below

8JhJR6c - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

Double click on the file to open (PAZ-Unpacker.exe) and when it opens you will see this window.

GcdNdCm - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

You will click on: OPEN

In the upper right corner and you will find the root of your client and it will select the Paz folder, after selecting the Paz folder as shown in the image below, you will click on OK button

ZeWxgh3 - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

After you click OK, it will load the folders and will appear these following files shown in the image below.

dmd9IJU - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

You will select a folder you want and click on extract, or you will simply search for a specific file within a folder.

Some folders cannot be extracted using paz unpacker, for example dbss files.

Tomorrow I will do the video tutorial.

Until then this is a simple tutorial, if you have questions you can ask me in the thread I will answer, in the future I will add new tutorials on how to change specific things.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide.

The first time i use the meta inyector, it ask me for a BDO Tool Kit to be installed

I did some research, it's
Thanks, i've forgot about that bdo tool kit, maybe because i've installed it 2 years ago xD

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hello everyone, I know there is no tutorial on how to work with .PAZ files, I have never done a tutorial because I spent 1 whole month just studying something you will love.

Remembering that all tutorials will be added in this thread, it will basically be a thread for .PAZ file tutorials, only.

When i tried running this on a clean client i got this as a error in the log:
21-07-05 11:51:18 0x4714-00-5 --(--): 패키지 압축해제시 오류 발생했습니다: f:/new226client/Paz/PAD61337.PAZ(f:/new226client/ui_movie/CI_Play_NoSound.html), (0/1380)

Any ideas on why? I didn't change anything that has to do with the UI, Just some models of armor.

Attachments

Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
When i tried running this on a clean client i got this as a error in the log:
21-07-05 11:51:18 0x4714-00-5 --(--): 패키지 압축해제시 오류 발생했습니다: f:/new226client/Paz/PAD61337.PAZ(f:/new226client/ui_movie/CI_Play_NoSound.html), (0/1380)

Any ideas on why? I didn't change anything that has to do with the UI, Just some models of armor.

Maybe you will need use a clean pad00000.meta, you can find one by argeus99

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Maybe you will need use a clean pad00000.meta, you can find one by @argeus99

Still getting the same thing. When i first run the metainjector with these or the original in the client they say that 148 files are patched. The file that fails is the first in the list. If you even take it out with a paz browser and patch it in it gets past the video then after that it crashes at the login.

So do i need to take out all 148 files that are "already patched" and patch them all with the ones i want to patch?

Edit: So i fixed it by doing exactly that. I extracted anything that had to do with the UI or other system files and repatched them with what i wanted to patch. I'm gonna leave the files i had to extract and patch in in case someone else has this issue.

I hope this link works, first time uploading to anything and sharing it lol

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Edit: So i fixed it by doing exactly that. I extracted anything that had to do with the UI or other system files and repatched them with what i wanted to patch. I'm gonna leave the files i had to extract and patch in in case someone else has this issue.

I hope this link works, first time uploading to anything and sharing it lol
OMG, I was having the exact same issue, and your file totally fixed it! Thank you so much for sharing! XD

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
{"Date":"2022-09-26 21:00:20","ThreadId":"0x26E8","LogType":"00","ServiceLogLevel":"0","LogLevel":"5", "ErrorNo":"eErrNoErrorHappen","ErrorString":"Error!","Log":"Error unpacking package: c:/users/administrator/desktop/client/Paz/PAD04606.PAZ(c:/ users/administrator/desktop/client/gamecommondata/binary/itemexchangesource.bss), (0/1543434)" }

I'm getting this error when trying to run the client after I update the paz files... I tried the solution @jessstar gave but it didn't seem to work for me, any advice?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

How to extract .PAZ files
dzClK6Q - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

8JhJR6c - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

GcdNdCm - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

ZeWxgh3 - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

dmd9IJU - Working with .PAZ Files: Tutorials and Tips - RaGEZONE Forums

Tomorrow I will do the video tutorial.

Until then this is a simple tutorial, if you have questions you can ask me in the thread I will answer, in the future I will add new tutorials on how to change specific things.
I've downloaded it before, but now the link is closed. can you restore it back?

Attachments

Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
I've downloaded it before, but now the link is closed. can you restore it back?

Offcourse!.

All links got updated!
All link all files in the thread too, if links get down, people can still download from the thread!

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is this a way to get a list of items and recipes etc too? I couldnt find something related to that in the .paz fiels

ok i found some bss/dbss files, which might help me out. Now i need to somehow decrypt them, does anyone have experience with that? I couldnt find anything anywhere. The only thin i could make out that those have a scheme you have to somehow find out.

Last edited:
Back