Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How setup JAVA_HOME for any version of java

Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
i35qbY3 - How setup JAVA_HOME for any version of java - RaGEZONE Forums

Hi everyone, I will make this tutorial to help some people. There are ways for you to use java portable directly on your server folder, but I like to use JAVA_HOME already installed.

If you already know how to do it, you can skip this tutorial.

Tutorial with Images
First of all make sure you download the proper version for you to use with the servers. Remembering that each server was written in a java language, so for it to work perfectly you need to use the same version of Java that the developer used.

The version we will use in this tutorial will be JDK 14.0.1 for windows 64bits
You can download from . Once you have downloaded it it will come in a file exactly as shown below.

zbEag8K - How setup JAVA_HOME for any version of java - RaGEZONE Forums

Once downloaded, install java normally without changing where it will be installed (local).
Okay, after you've installed it, let's go to the walkthrough.

First you will find where your java is installed, in my case it is installed on local disk C:\Program Files\Java
And you will see a folder exactly as shown in the image below, with this same name.

lcKfoBt - How setup JAVA_HOME for any version of java - RaGEZONE Forums

You won't close the window where this folder shows, now you'll come to your windows search bar (In my case it's 10) and you'll search: environments of system

If you can't find it by typing the full name, just type the initials: env

If you didn't find, follow the images below.

Open the Start Search, type in “env”, and choose “Edit the system environment variables”:
Ledie - How setup JAVA_HOME for any version of java - RaGEZONE Forums

Click the “Environment Variables…” button.

Now you can go back to following the tutorial

Now you will set the JAVA_HOME of your java version.
You will see two tabs: User variables for "your username" and system variables
Like on image below

Now you will click on "NEW" in the window: user variables for "yourusername"
Like show on image below

UMvBorG - How setup JAVA_HOME for any version of java - RaGEZONE Forums

After you click on "NEW" in the user variables tab you will put in the first "BOX": JAVA_HOME

As shown in the image belowAnd in the second "BOX" you will put the place where your java is installed, after finish click on "OK"

Like on image below

BjJxw32 - How setup JAVA_HOME for any version of java - RaGEZONE Forums

Now let's go to the window below, the System Variables

You will select the variable called "Path" as shown in the image below and then click on "EDIT"

4yhdMqE - How setup JAVA_HOME for any version of java - RaGEZONE Forums

This image will open for you, now you will click "NEW" and will add the following directory of your Java as shown in the image below. Remembering that different versions of java the folder changes the name from jdk-14.0.1 to the version you installed, after put the bin directory from you java, you can click on OK and done, you've the Java_Home installed.

zEJnPW - How setup JAVA_HOME for any version of java - RaGEZONE Forums

Video Tutorial for whos doesn't like read
The version we will use in this tutorial will be JDK 14.0.1 for windows 64bits
You can download from . Install before of tutorial.

This video it's not mine, credit goes to:
ceasarsegypt

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This tutorial(maybe) is very basically and detailed, although it will not help others really master Java, but it is very effective for people who want to start studying bdoemu.
Thanks to Ledie, it seems that there are more people in the community who are willing to learn rather than just wait to enjoy others' achievements.
Forget my poor english;\

Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
This tutorial(maybe) is very basically and detailed, although it will not help others really master Java, but it is very effective for people who want to start studying bdoemu.
Thanks to Ledie, it seems that there are more people in the community who are willing to learn rather than just wait to enjoy others' achievements.
Forget my poor english;\

I fully agree with you, those who are already knowledgeable already know how to do all this, I did it in order to help newcomers as you mentioned, there are new people in the community, I'm trying to make as many tutorials as possible to help them, but I spend a lot of average of 1 hour to 1 hour and a half doing a very detailed tutorial.

My intention is to make people be welcomed, also because the community is very decaying of tutorials.

Back