Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How setup your server - Local and Online

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello I would like to take a question for example, I have the server hosted on my machine but I can't access it but the players can, is there any configuration to be done where I can access and the players too? example: lineage 2 has lines in the code that allow you to put the external ip address for the players to enter but also allows the internal ip to access

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. Modify the listening IP in the following 2 files

loginserver/configs/network.properties
gameserver/configs/network.properties

#Listening ip, 0.0.0.0 is all ip
network.host = 0.0.0.0

2.The most critical place
gameserver/configs/server.properties
#192.168.1.99 Change to the local area network ip of the computer running the server, or the external network ipserver.ip = 192.168.1.99

3. Log in to bat's 127.0.0.1 and change the above server.ip

Note: other settings remain as stand-alone.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. Modify the listening IP in the following 2 files

loginserver/configs/network.properties
gameserver/configs/network.properties

#Listening ip, 0.0.0.0 is all ip
network.host = 0.0.0.0

2.The most critical place
#192.168.1.99 Change to the local area network ip of the computer running the server, or the external network ipserver.ip = 192.168.1.99

3. Log in to bat's 127.0.0.1 and change the above server.ip

Note: other settings remain as stand-alone.

if your message was for me i have to inform you that in the test i did if i put ipv4 in place "2.The most critical place
gameserver / configs / server.properties
# 192.168.1.99 Change to the local area network ip of the computer running the server, or the external network ipserver.ip = 192.168.1.99 "
it doesn't work because my colleague tries to open the game and it closes on time, but when I try to open it goes normal, if I use the external ip the game opens normal for him and for me it closes on time that's the problem.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if your message was for me i have to inform you that in the test i did if i put ipv4 in place "2.The most critical place
# 192.168.1.99 Change to the local area network ip of the computer running the server, or the external network ipserver.ip = 192.168.1.99 "
it doesn't work because my colleague tries to open the game and it closes on time, but when I try to open it goes normal, if I use the external ip the game opens normal for him and for me it closes on time that's the problem.

server.ip = 192.168.1.99

There is a problem with the format of this website.This IP is sent by the server to the client.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm attempting to install the 491 sever, I've tried the unknown maybe ODO and Hades server but each of them give the error below. I've tried looking you need Java 8 so I have reinstalled that but same error occurs. Any ideas? Edit: This is login server error, game server starts no issue

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/misc/SharedSecrets
at com.bdoemu.login.LoginServer$2.?(Unknown Source)
at com.bdoemu.login.LoginServer.?(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.BootstrapMethodInvoker.invoke(BootstrapMethodInvoker.java:206)
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.BootstrapMethodInvoker.invoke(BootstrapMethodInvoker.java:90)
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.CallSite.makeSite(CallSite.java:315)
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.MethodHandleNatives.linkCallSiteImpl(MethodHandleNatives.java:271)
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.MethodHandleNatives.linkCallSite(MethodHandleNatives.java:261)
at com.bdoemu.login.LoginServer.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.bdoemu.login.LoginServer.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.misc.SharedSecrets
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:606)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:168)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
... 9 more

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I did manage to resolve this, no idea how. I was trying to fix it and had to leave for an hour came back and login server was working.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I wish I could, all I did was reinstall Java and walked away. After reinstalling Java 8 I was getting the same error. Came back an hour later and it stopped giving me the error.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Has anyone found a solution for this? I'm having the same problem

192.168.X.X - host only
External IP - outside connections only

What's interesting is that the login server accepts both, but the game server only accepts one or the other

Edit: I was able to fix this by adding a loopback adapter with the ipv4 set to my external ip

Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution for this? I'm having the same problem

192.168.2.35 - host only
External IP - outside connections only

What's interesting is that the login server accepts both, but the game server only accepts one or the other

Delete your ipv4 from here, others persons can use for do bad things to you, also contact me via DM if you want share configs where appear your ipv4, i'll be happy to help you! ^^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I run my server I don't think there is any errors but when I run client it says failed to connect. Also the UI is misaligned I have to click at a random part of the screen to click start. Is there anything I can show you to make sure the settings are correct? I am very new to this sorry!

Edit
Fyi I downloaded https://forum.ragezone.com/f1000/release-archer-version-server-files-1198560/
the full client files and the server. Then I followed the local server set up and set up java home. Am I missing steps?

Last edited:
Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
I run my server I don't think there is any errors but when I run client it says failed to connect. Also the UI is misaligned I have to click at a random part of the screen to click start. Is there anything I can show you to make sure the settings are correct? I am very new to this sorry!

Edit
Fyi I downloaded https://forum.ragezone.com/f1000/release-archer-version-server-files-1198560/
the full client files and the server. Then I followed the local server set up and set up java home. Am I missing steps?

Try to put your ipv4 instead of use 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0

have you tryied to change service.ini ip on client folder?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, thanks @Ledie for your amazing guides. I´ve following this tutorial but when I try to enter to the server (by launcher.exe)it says "Failed to connect". (I downloaded full Archer version and server files in your another thread). Im trying to play offline , only me. Im getting this error from login server.

Edit1: Now it works but it stucked in "Now Processing" and nothing happens after that
Edit 2: Now it works. I had to put localhost in the loginserver and gameserver and then execute the launcer as admin and that worked for me

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back