Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Populate Marketplace with Items Using Python

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
0. Make sure your server is up & running (only database server is required, loginserver & gameserver can be off).
1. Download WinPython (it's a portable version of python so it's more easy to remove once you don't need it.) from:

This one will work:

It already includes pymongo, so you don't need to worry about it.
2. Go to where you extracted WinPython and then inside /scripts/ folder.
3. Create a new file populateMarketplace.py with the following code
(make sure you copy the RAW content: )

4. To make it work an existing accountId must be set, default id is 2: (search for "accountId": 2, in the code). Usually it will be okay as when you setup your server there's already a "conan" account, so your own account is id 2. If that's not the case, just change the id to 1 or an existing one in your mongo users collection.
5. Run "WinPython Command Prompt.exe" and once is open, execute the following command:
Code:
python.bat populateMarketplace.py
6. Restart your server and voilá, all marketplace sections will now have items on sale!

Special thanks to:
@Lautaro for providing in http://forum.ragezone.com/f1000/release-bdo-item-database-rest-1153913/ the items database from where i extracted all ids.
@fullhawk for publishing in http://forum.ragezone.com/f1001/populating-market-1151944/ the script that i've used as base.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What a great step by step guide! I am very rookie with these sorts of things, but it SEEMS that even I will figure this out eventually. Very well made guide. We need more guides that "novices" can read and understand ;). I have not yet tried it, but if I run into trouble in the future I will ask for help (I have no time to play with this just yet).

Thank you so much for sharing your work!

PS: Can't I just download that python script as it is and copy it to the python script folder (instead of creating a new one)?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What a great step by step guide! I am very rookie with these sorts of things, but it SEEMS that even I will figure this out eventually. Very well made guide. We need more guides that "novices" can read and understand ;). I have not yet tried it, but if I run into trouble in the future I will ask for help (I have no time to play with this just yet).

Thank you so much for sharing your work!

PS: Can't I just download that python script as it is and copy it to the python script folder (instead of creating a new one)?

Thanks! It's one of the problems that i always encounter, people explaining like you already know what they're talking about/you've got experience with that area :(

And Yes, you can open pastebin in raw and do CONTROL+S i guess :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks! It's one of the problems that i always encounter, people explaining like you already know what they're talking about/you've got experience with that area :(

Interesting to hear you say that because that's exactly what I meant :), spot on. I hope you do even more user friendly guides like this in the future (that fixes issues and so on). Thanks once again!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide, I wonder can I do it the same for odoRE v1.01 alpha through?

Make a test, publish yourself a product ingame and check if that entry has the same attributes as the ones that are inserted here for each product.
Or even easier, rename the 2 existing Marketplace collections (if they do) and run the script. If gameserver fails to wakeup, you will know it doesn't work. Just delete the new collections and rename back the old ones.

If it works, you will need to get a full item db in order to get all ids available, so you can update the .py file

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
He linked it wrong. Just copy (click and drag) the github link instead as it is. It will work.

I didn't copy them wrong, it was ragezone's post editor that attached the very next word in each link meh.
Fixed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Marketplace is full and populated but I cant buy anything . NPC says " Couldnt load information from central market "

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm using Nemesis Desert Client it was working fine until I tried to populate the market. Any idea how to fix this? Otherwise I'll just reinstall.

1681321352689 - Populate Marketplace with Items Using Python - RaGEZONE Forums

I've been trying to uninstall this for so long but can't figure it out. I have deleted clients and servers multiple times and tried again but it keeps crashing with the same market error. I've lost my save and everything but don't mind all that I just want to play again. I'm guessing I have to do something with studio 3t and the server but I'm not tech savy enough to know what to do next. Any advice would be amazing thank you.

Edit:
I have finally got it to work. I had to delete item collections through studio 3t

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm using Nemesis Desert Client it was working fine until I tried to populate the market. Any idea how to fix this? Otherwise I'll just reinstall.

View attachment 173924

I've been trying to uninstall this for so long but can't figure it out. I have deleted clients and servers multiple times and tried again but it keeps crashing with the same market error. I've lost my save and everything but don't mind all that I just want to play again. I'm guessing I have to do something with studio 3t and the server but I'm not tech savy enough to know what to do next. Any advice would be amazing thank you.

Edit:
I have finally got it to work. I had to delete item collections through studio 3t
Hello, do you manage to make it work on nemesis client?

Back