Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Could use some help because I forgot most of BDO database editing

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm using the 519 Guardian release here:
https://forum.ragezone.com/f1000/release-guardian-version-server-files-1201222/

The release is being used as-is, I didn't modify any of the files except for adding my local IP to the service.ini of the client.

But there are some things I struggle with. What's the preferred database GUI editor? Because the included mongo.exe seems to be a cmd line editor only. I'm a mySQL/SQL guy though. What's the database called? I've looked around the database folder but didn't notice anything that looked like a database.

Knowing that would allow me to set my account's level up to GM or owner.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I hear you being an sql guy myself. Mongo is a NOSQL dbms which means it is a little odd for us sql guys.

I use Navicat premium since I often work with db2, oracle, mssql, maria/mysql and with bdo... mongo. It can be found via the usual channels if you are not too fussy about how you 'acquire' it.

The databases for BDO are called "loginserver" and "gameserver". The main user "accounts" collection (table) is located in the login server and gm 'level' is 4. The gameserver has a second accounts table but that seems to deal with stuff like pearls and the family level of stuff like pearls and family wide storage. For tBDO there is a 1-1 correlation between families and user accounts. Characters all live in the 'players', collection (table).

Layout of the database is all in the "database\data" folder. To clear the database, simply delete everything in that folder -- but not the folder itself. Next time you run the database it recreates virgin databases for you. There are no .sql - like files to execute or import.

Hope that helped.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm familiar with Navicat myself. Used it for Aion a lot. Looks like it has a special mongo version too called Navicat for Mongo. And I meant what the databases are named on my hard drive. Largest ones I see are some WireTiger files there.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ah you are looking for the physical layouts. Ok Here is my observations:

Mongo uses the wiredtiger database engine using the GridFS file system. This engine stores the database in a series of compressed .wt files. For BDO this has the following structure:

Collection-#-######################.wt files contains the the database tables. The first # is a zero-based even number
Index-#-######################.wt files are index files. My best guess is they relate to the above collection since these have a 1-based odd number as it's single digit between the dashes. So the -1- index would relate to the -0- collection.
the WiredTiger.wt file seems to be the master (system) table file.
I have no idea what a .turtle file is.
A quick google drilldown finds this for the file formats -

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well that's a mess. And I thought Runes of Magic was messy. Suppose I'll just back up the entire database folder as it is then.

Upvote 0
Back