Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hey there Trying to setup a server could use some help.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Trying to setup a server for me and my friends who live a great distance from one another how would i go about that?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I mean depending on your specs, you could do it on your main pc, or even on a second one in your home to act as a makeshift server, but the most likely answer will be that you need to go and rent a dedicated server, which is pretty costly if you're just in it for a couple of days of fun. A 32gb (ram) server normally goes for about 125 dollars a month, and given the current emu's need quite a bit of ram 25gb, it's probably your only option.

After getting a dedicated server it's just a matter of editing the configs putting your server ip in it, opening the ports, getting everyone to download the right client version and boom you're done lad.

Upvote 0
Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
I mean depending on your specs, you could do it on your main pc, or even on a second one in your home to act as a makeshift server, but the most likely answer will be that you need to go and rent a dedicated server, which is pretty costly if you're just in it for a couple of days of fun. A 32gb (ram) server normally goes for about 125 dollars a month, and given the current emu's need quite a bit of ram 25gb, it's probably your only option.

After getting a dedicated server it's just a matter of editing the configs putting your server ip in it, opening the ports, getting everyone to download the right client version and boom you're done lad.

For 2 ppl need only 16gb, not 32.

And for 2 ppl, a vps it's good, now if you want open for more ppl, go to dedicated.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Do you know what settings need to be changed to allow them to connect? i have everything else setup.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For 2 ppl need only 16gb, not 32.

And for 2 ppl, a vps it's good, now if you want open for more ppl, go to dedicated.

I assumed current emu's needed 25 though? So I heard? I might be wrong! I got a 32gb ram one because ofc, they don't have dedicated servers at 25.

Do you know what settings need to be changed to allow them to connect? i have everything else setup.

Change the network settings of the gameserver and logins servers to match the IP of your VPS or your internet.

Or download http://forum.ragezone.com/f999/release-odore-config-editor-v0-1179375/

And change it through that if you can't be arsed to look for it manually, but if you want to do it manually, look for RMI Connection Host and External Server IP Host for server binding in network.properties located in loginserver/bin/configs and change it to your IP

Then look for External server IP for client connections in gameserver/bin/configs/server.properties and change that to your IP.

Once that's done, get everyone a launcher, have it connect to that IP you specified and to the network port of the server 8888 and the world port, usually 8889 (make sure you open those ports in your router or server) and it should all work. Hopefully.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score

Open the doors 8888-8889
TCP.

Go into
login/bin/config/
and edit network.properties and put your ip or ip from your dedicated/vps

Go into
gameserver/bin/config/
And edit server.properties and network.properties, put your ip or ip from your dedicated/vps.

Now if you will open for everyone connect, never open the door 27017 from your server, because if you open, everyone can connect into your database and put theyself as admin.

I assumed current emu's needed 25 though? So I heard? I might be wrong! I got a 32gb ram one because ofc, they don't have dedicated servers at 25.

With 16 gb ram vps my server support 20 players without lag, bcs i optimize a lot too.

But, if you want a server for more than 20 players, need a dedicated of 64gb ram a minimal.
When i say for more than 20 players i say like: 200players or more.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Open the doors 8888-8889
TCP.

Go into
login/bin/config/
and edit network.properties and put your ip or ip from your dedicated/vps

Go into
gameserver/bin/config/
And edit server.properties and network.properties, put your ip or ip from your dedicated/vps.

Now if you will open for everyone connect, never open the door 27017 from your server, because if you open, everyone can connect into your database and put theyself as admin.

With 16 gb ram vps my server support 20 players without lag, bcs i optimize a lot too.

But, if you want a server for more than 20 players, need a dedicated of 64gb ram a minimal.
When i say for more than 20 players i say like: 200players or more.

Ooh sounds nice! I'm currently just relying on already available emu's while my team learns how to work with everything so we can actually start contributing towards the odo project, so optimising is still a bit away for us. q.q

Upvote 0
Back