Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Please recommend a BDO release that works well with 16 Gb of RAM

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi i have 16 Gb of ram from what i understand newer releases like odoRE require 32GB to run properly, but older BDO versions should be fine on 16 Gb or less. The problem is in finding and configuring an older version, (since i would so like to play valkyrie anyway an older version is fine). If anyone can point me in the right direction as to what to get and some guides on how to set it up properly i would be very grateful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm playing on v491 SPP, i think it's the very first one that got emulated.

You can get the client here:

And the server from SPP forums:

I'ts quite easy to run:
1. Edit Start Game.bat by adding your account details (it will be autocreated)
2. Run 1-Database.bat and wait for a "listening on port .." message
3. Run 2-LoginServer.bat and wait for a "listening on port .." message
4. Run 3-GameServer.bat and wait for a "listening on port .." message
5. Start playing by running Start Game.bat

They have a discord channel at but won't probably help you in anything, as project is "archived".

Upvote 0
Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
As they said above.

The following versions: 795 and 491 do not require as much RAM for the server, as long as it is a server just for you.However the client requires it, so make sure you have a good processor and a minimum of 32 GB of ram if you want to run the server and the client on your computer at the same time. Can you run with 16GB of ram? You can, but your RAM usage will be almost 100% constantly.

The 2100 remastered + versions require a minimum of 32GB of RAM if you want to open a server, otherwise you can use 16GB of easy RAM, just by optimizing a few small things.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As they said above.

The following versions: 795 and 491 do not require as much RAM for the server, as long as it is a server just for you.However the client requires it, so make sure you have a good processor and a minimum of 32 GB of ram if you want to run the server and the client on your computer at the same time. Can you run with 16GB of ram? You can, but your RAM usage will be almost 100% constantly.

The 2100 remastered + versions require a minimum of 32GB of RAM if you want to open a server, otherwise you can use 16GB of easy RAM, just by optimizing a few small things.
So just to play locally by myself i'd need 32gb of ram with the v491 SPP version as well ?

I'm playing on v491 SPP, i think it's the very first one that got emulated.

You can get the client here:

And the server from SPP forums:

I'ts quite easy to run:
1. Edit Start Game.bat by adding your account details (it will be autocreated)
2. Run 1-Database.bat and wait for a "listening on port .." message
3. Run 2-LoginServer.bat and wait for a "listening on port .." message
4. Run 3-GameServer.bat and wait for a "listening on port .." message
5. Start playing by running Start Game.bat

They have a discord channel at but won't probably help you in anything, as project is "archived".

Unfortunately i'm getting failed to connect error and now processing message when pressing start ingame.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So just to play locally by myself i'd need 32gb of ram with the v491 SPP version as well ?

Unfortunately i'm getting failed to connect error and now processing message when pressing start ingame.

About the RAM, i have my server and i play in my laptop which has 32GB RAM + i9 8gen.
When only the server is open:
1xjwPXN - Please recommend a BDO release that works well with 16 Gb of RAM - RaGEZONE Forums

Server + game:
9Ss2M9r - Please recommend a BDO release that works well with 16 Gb of RAM - RaGEZONE Forums

Server + game CPU:
WwmwTDd - Please recommend a BDO release that works well with 16 Gb of RAM - RaGEZONE Forums

If you have connection problems, you will have to debug terminal's output. Can't help only those error messages.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Life is beautiful, after
Reaction score
About the RAM, i have my server and i play in my laptop which has 32GB RAM + i9 8gen.
When only the server is open:
1xjwPXN - Please recommend a BDO release that works well with 16 Gb of RAM - RaGEZONE Forums

Server + game:
9Ss2M9r - Please recommend a BDO release that works well with 16 Gb of RAM - RaGEZONE Forums

Server + game CPU:
WwmwTDd - Please recommend a BDO release that works well with 16 Gb of RAM - RaGEZONE Forums

If you have connection problems, you will have to debug terminal's output. Can't help only those error messages.

You don't have a laptop, you have a rocket!

Look 32GB is necessary, as there are more than a thousand aritifical Intelligence

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well that's it, its back to official, i'm better of getting Enslar Premium then the overall costs for this :p. Thank you for all your help.

Upvote 0
Back