Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Selling at NPC returns error

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
In BDO Nova commercial :
Selling an item out of inventory to an NPC always returns message

The Sourcerer - Selling at NPC returns error - RaGEZONE Forums

"The shop slot is invalid."

Anybody know what is causing that and have an idea how to fix it?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I remember well I did that at the begining of all this (when i get the files ), it is inside a readme file.

Code:
In order to use these scripts you have to:
  1. `python lib/_bdo/setup.py build_ext --build-lib lib` or just `make` to bui
  2. `pip install -r requirements.txt` to install dependencies.

Yep, did all that early on and same result. I even went so far as to build and copy the output _bdo.cp310-win_amd64.pyd to every \Lib directory I could find - including the python base install directory. Even tried renaming the file to _bdo.pyd copying fixed nothing.

Anybody else have this issue?

Recap:
I run this server in a really large (192GB Memory - with a 300gb paging file / 16 core / 1TB M.2 SSD) Hyper-V virtual machine. Beyond the problem noted at the beginning of this thread the server runs really well in this environment. This appears to be a sync issue between the server (xlsx/xlsm/bexcel) and client (paz/bss) definitions. At present the tools available to me cannot build the updater python components so updatePAZ does not work for me and they do not work without the necessary "decrypt" entry in the _bdo python library.

---- update ----

I have managed to resolve the issue with UpdatePAZ.cmd.

Problem: The _EXT_ directory contains 2 copies of the updating extensions (why??!!). One in the root of _EXT_ and the other one _EXT_\tools. These look to be identical copies and the one I was using was directly under _EXT_. Since all my building and updating never happened under _EXT_\Tools folder, none of my changes I made were made there.

I edited the UpdatePAZ.cmd file to invoke the copy directly under _EXT_ and viola! It worked!

Now to copy all those PAZ files to the client and see if everything is fixed as far as this inability to sell stuff to an NPC goes.

My thanks to all those that replied here.

-- Final Update --

I have resolved my original issue (Unable to sell items to NPC). As I suspect there are others that have this problem I will follow up with a post explaining how I fixed it using information I have gained here and my own investigations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep, did all that early on and same result. I even went so far as to build and copy the output _bdo.cp310-win_amd64.pyd to every \Lib directory I could find - including the python base install directory. Even tried renaming the file to _bdo.pyd copying fixed nothing.

Anybody else have this issue?

Recap:
I run this server in a really large (192GB Memory - with a 300gb paging file / 16 core / 1TB M.2 SSD) Hyper-V virtual machine. Beyond the problem noted at the beginning of this thread the server runs really well in this environment. This appears to be a sync issue between the server (xlsx/xlsm/bexcel) and client (paz/bss) definitions. At present the tools available to me cannot build the updater python components so updatePAZ does not work for me and they do not work without the necessary "decrypt" entry in the _bdo python library.

---- update ----

I have managed to resolve the issue with UpdatePAZ.cmd.

Problem: The _EXT_ directory contains 2 copies of the updating extensions (why??!!). One in the root of _EXT_ and the other one _EXT_\tools. These look to be identical copies and the one I was using was directly under _EXT_. Since all my building and updating never happened under _EXT_\Tools folder, none of my changes I made were made there.

I edited the UpdatePAZ.cmd file to invoke the copy directly under _EXT_ and viola! It worked!

Now to copy all those PAZ files to the client and see if everything is fixed as far as this inability to sell stuff to an NPC goes.

My thanks to all those that replied here.

-- Final Update --

I have resolved my original issue (Unable to sell items to NPC). As I suspect there are others that have this problem I will follow up with a post explaining how I fixed it using information I have gained here and my own investigations.

i have the same problem so anything you can put to help would be apprecieated!

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This guide is inconvenient and inaccessible to most regions of the world

Please explain your comment. It is written in English. I don't speak or write any other language. How is it inconvenient and inaccessible? And to what regions of the world are you talking about?

As I have pointed out there are pre-requisites, both technical and logistical, involved. Which I might add was not really pointed out by anybody here until after I bounced my head off the walls trying to do it for myself. My guide is to reduce some of that head banging for others.

But hey, if you feel it can do better, go for it. But until you put forth your literary masterpiece on doing this, You have at least provided some form of guidance.

As I have already pointed out - If you want to work with leaked commercial files, expect there to be tons of complexity. Any help figuring it out is a plus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Please explain your comment. It is written in English. I don't speak or write any other language. How is it inconvenient and inaccessible? And to what regions of the world are you talking about?

As I have pointed out there are pre-requisites, both technical and logistical, involved. Which I might add was not really pointed out by anybody here until after I bounced my head off the walls trying to do it for myself. My guide is to reduce some of that head banging for others.

But hey, if you feel it can do better, go for it. But until you put forth your literary masterpiece on doing this, You have at least provided some form of guidance.

As I have already pointed out - If you want to work with leaked commercial files, expect there to be tons of complexity. Any help figuring it out is a plus.

tl;dr

It is easy to sit back and cut up somebody else's efforts. Only losers do that. The real hero to puts forth his own efforts and shows us all how it is better. Such as: How was it you gathered that delta of modified .paz files? Modified from what? Did you generate them from a steam client like I did or did you somehow make the server modify the original 3205 for you (Never worked for me - hence starting from a virgin PAZ file set). You never explained that did you.
Your instruction requires downloading the old version of the official client. In most regions of the world, steam does not allow such a download. That's why I decided to share my patch for Nova Client 3205.
Sorry for my English, I have to use a translator.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your instruction requires downloading the old version of the official client. In most regions of the world, steam does not allow such a download. That's why I decided to share my patch for Nova Client 3205.
Sorry for my English, I have to use a translator.

Thank you for explaining.

I wish I could have used the 3205 client PAZ files directly and not had to deal with steam. It would have made the process a lot easier and faster. Using the Nova server tools to modify the 3205 PAZ files did not work for me no matter how many times I tried.

The only way I could get this to work reliably was to use a fresh set of PAZ files from a closely matching download from steam. For me this works flawlessly with no run time errors at all during play except for the missing central market. This is why I chose to share my experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back