Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Selling at NPC returns error

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
In BDO Nova commercial :
Selling an item out of inventory to an NPC always returns message

The Sourcerer - Selling at NPC returns error - RaGEZONE Forums

"The shop slot is invalid."

Anybody know what is causing that and have an idea how to fix it?

S

Snigel

Try to Sell some HP Drinks . For me it worked , now i search why the NPC takes HP Drinks but nothing others .

Sorry for my bad English.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Having updateDBSS and updatePaz, why use meta injector? also, from which client are you trying this? where did you download? Why don't try the steam one, then update dbss's from excels then update the paz folder? to have all synched client/server?

You need to find the correct one ( client) if not problems like this may arise.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The client I am using is the same one Ledie originally linked with the BDO Retail files when he posted them up for a short time and which have been circulated around the web as a set. My expectation was that they were from the same source and were synchronized to match. If this were an emulator I would not have too tough of a time matching them up but As these are commercial files I have no idea how to do that. I looked for updateDBSS you mentioned and found not so much as a single link via google. AFAIK no such utility exists.

As well, which spreadsheets should be modified? I don't read or speak Korean so I have no idea which spreadsheets, much less what rows/columns I should be updating in them. I have written a home-made Excel Clone program that has built-in translating (via Google) functions, but there are a LOT of spreadsheets and I am not sure if any of those column labels or #reference values are hard-coded in the server code.

As for the steam client, I downloaded it from steam, but it has a huge amount of steam launcher stuff in there and I am not a reverse engineer with knowledge to strip it all out.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check this post to download a clean client:

https://forum.ragezone.com/f1000/nova-3205-server-file-client-1205488/index12.html#post9128236

Then on the server folder you should have this files updateDBSS.cmd and updatePaz.cmd

You only need to download the client from steam ( the correct one, I say the correct one because I don't remember what it was i think its 6 January 2021 – 11:46:08 UTC but the thing is it should be revision 376350 ) take the Paz folder, copy and paste to the same folder where updateDBSS.cmd and paz are (main server folder) and then first DBSS , wait to finish, then PAZ, you will see changes in the cmd window that means ok, then put it back to the client folder (the Paz folder), replace the bin64 directory for the ledies client and ( as I did ) everything except few things should work. Remember always to back up because messing can make the server to not start.

Ah and with Korean everyone face this problem as I am not Korean, I mean you need to mess converting text to know what it means, but don't change nothing on the excels just to know what it means.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I checked the server folder and these .cmd files were not in there. However I checked another download I did of this server and found them.

I will reinstall from that second archive do as you suggest and see if this resolves my issue!

I am confident it will :thumbup1:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried the same, UpdateDBSS works fine, updatePaz throws an Error

31 ms [INFO] Reading PAZ files...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\bdoServer-Backup\_Ext_\Tools\paz.py", line 925, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "C:\bdoServer-Backup\_Ext_\Tools\paz.py", line 668, in main
assert f'PAD{i + 1:05}.PAZ' == paz_path
AssertionError
Press any key to continue . . .

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You used a clean pad.meta file? not a modded one? The one from the steam client

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah probably the error the other guy got was because the number of this PAD file, so now I am uploading the paz folder of the nova client, yesterday before went to sleep read you but was to late. So now it's fixed for you guys? To just cancel the upload.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any idea what is causing this: ?
The Sourcerer - Selling at NPC returns error - RaGEZONE Forums

I looked in the _ext_\lib\_bdo\_bdo.cpp file and there is a definition item in it's definito table:

Code:
static PyMethodDef _bdo_methods[] =
{
    {"decompress",  _bdo_decompress, METH_VARARGS, "Decompress BDO data."}, 
    {[COLOR=#0000ff]"decrypt",  _bdo_decrypt, METH_VARARGS, "ICE-decrypt data."[/COLOR]},
    {"encrypt",  _bdo_encrypt, METH_VARARGS, "ICE-encrypt data."},
    {"checksum", _bdo_checksum, METH_VARARGS, "Calculates checksum using proprietary BDO algorithm."},      {"lz4_compress", _bdo_lz4_compress, METH_VARARGS, "Compress data using LZ4_compress_HC() func"},      {"lz4_decompress", _bdo_lz4_decompress, METH_VARARGS, "Decompress data using LZ4_decompress_fast() func"},
    {NULL, NULL, 0, NULL}};

The paz files I am using is from a virgin BDO Nova retail client (from steam) taken from steam's repository.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I remember well I did that at the begining of all this (when i get the files ), it is inside a readme file.

Code:
In order to use these scripts you have to:
  1. `python lib/_bdo/setup.py build_ext --build-lib lib` or just `make` to bui
  2. `pip install -r requirements.txt` to install dependencies.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I remember well I did that at the begining of all this (when i get the files ), it is inside a readme file.

Code:
In order to use these scripts you have to:
  1. `python lib/_bdo/setup.py build_ext --build-lib lib` or just `make` to bui
  2. `pip install -r requirements.txt` to install dependencies.

DjFerry has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space

Upvote 0
Back