Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Orion2 Repacker

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The MapleStory 2 development begins!

This is the Orion2 Repacker - a WIP tool that can parse and load all of MapleStory 2's game files. In addition, you're able to add, modify, remove, and finally save (repackage) the data files. Basically a HaRepacker from MapleStory, but for MapleStory 2.

Some things to note:
- Nexon uses various header formats (MS2F, NS2F, OS2F, and PS2F), so the structures of the files are not always the same like WZ files were
- Nexon uses the same encryption keys for all regions as far as I'm aware - I've tested it on GMS, KMS, and CMS beta clients at least.
- Nexon uses a lot of PNG and DDS for imaging which the repacker is capable of rendering, but since they use a 3D gamebryo engine, NIF models require 3rd party applications to render. Orion2 Repacker can still export the data for you to file. (available formats and resources are all on the git)
- While loading, saving, and copy/pasting stuff works, I never finished (hence WIP) implementing the Add functionality or the Search system. Feel free to make a pull request or an issue, otherwise you may report it here and I can take a look at it.
- I haven't yet provided release builds because I wanted to finish all of the features first. The project should be able to be built out of the box, you'll just need to build it in VS 2017 (or downgrade to your preferred ver.)
- Nexon has data literally all over the place (especially for maps), so I'm not too familiar with where everything is just yet. I was trying to piece together everything to make a map editor, but gave up real fast since I didn't want to deal with 3D crap. If you find some neat stuff, feel free to share it!

Source code:

C6A3d2j - Orion2 Repacker - RaGEZONE Forums

Enjoy!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I assume the nodes labeled as "2009" pretty much indicates that's when development began? I think they were under "test" somewhere. (Not helpful, I know. LOL.)

Great work, Eric. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Woah, thanks a lot for your efforts! It definitely would be game-changing if someone else had the determination to release a map editor @~@

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what's the difference between MS2F, NS2F, OS2F, and PS2F?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
what's the difference between MS2F, NS2F, OS2F, and PS2F?

Realistically there is no difference. Between each of the modes, they are actually "versions" of the structure. For OS2F and PS2F, they use version 3 which isn't actually being used by any MS2 files (at least when I was writing this). For NS2F, they use version 2 which was used for the graphic model files (I think?). Then, there is MS2F which uses version 1, and is the mode that is used for almost all of the files. Each "version" has a slightly different structure that is decoded/encoded, but the actual encryption used is otherwise the same. I handle every mode in the repacker, so feel free to check out the structure differences across versions.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, thank you for your great work! Btw, where can i find any guides for how to use this program or where can i find a server files? I want to make my own private server for myself and do many experiments with the game c:
P.S. i found some materials here:
But I still don't find a guide or documentation for creating.

Last edited:
Back