Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release]City Of Heroes/City Of Villains Source Code [NCSOFT FINAL VERSION]

Reaction score
Hello,
City Of Heroes/City Of Villains full source code was released on COH discord server by the owner (Leandro) of the secret private server called (SCORE). This is the full source code of City of Heros, the game was developed in the past by Cryptic Studios, then NCSOFT took over the code. This code is issue 24, the version of the game before shutting down.

What is COH:

City of Heroes (CoH) was a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Cryptic Studios and published by NCSOFT. The game was launched in North America on April 27, 2004, and in Europe by NCsoft Europe on February 4, 2005, with English, German and French servers. Twenty-three free major updates for City of Heroes were released before its shutdown. The final live update, "Where Shadows Lie", was released on May 31, 2012. On August 31, 2012, NCsoft terminated its Paragon Studios development team, ending all production on City of Heroes[1] with the last day of services on November 30, 2012.[2]

What happened ?

The complete source code along with user informations was copied and leaked by a dev to a guy in Argentinia.
And this guy ran a secret City of Heroes private server that was fully functional. They even got all the stuff that was in development and finished it, they have new powersets and content.
But it gets a bit spicier. The guy who ran the server was a head mod of the City of Heroes reddit and suppressed any discussion of private servers while at the same time stating that private servers would be impossible.
And apparently he was also involved in a project that was attempting to create a private server and took many donations of fans for that. All the while having a fully functional private server he and his clique played on for the last 6 years. They even released a version of the game called "Paragon Chat" where you could basically only walk around and chat with people as their latest development.
The paragon chat and the functioning private server files were downloaded with the same launcher.
Apparently even all Characters from the live servers are still there and you can continue to play them. There may even be personal information in the leaked database, but it was not released.

Source Code Info:

Version: 24 Latest before game shutting down
Compiler: VS2005 or VS2010 with some C++ knowledge

Source Code Download Link:
.Bin files aka assets Download Link:

I am in no way responsible for any attached files. You agree that when you view the information in this thread, that you are 100% liable for any and all actions, including the use of any off-site files, based on this thread alone.

Greetings,
MeGaMaX.

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
WHAT TE ACTUAL F.... ? :D IF THIS IS WORKING YOU ARE MY HERO MAN!!!!! this is awesome and @DNC please help us with this, if i not mistaken; its half relying on cryptic like structure :D if anyone needs any programming and/or help withthis just tell me :D I am in this project fully if i can help with anything :D

Questions:
-What do we need for compiling?(Dependencies ect..)
-Tequila client will work with this? its the only Issue 24 what i can obtain... I have a boxed version but that is only issue 12-15 with COV but no rogue island...

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow... dreams coming true.. now we just need setup guide and client guide. :D
AND we will need a hell of a lot rams and minimum 2 server (minimum if i saw correctly the system specs)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dude, this is amazing. I never played CoH but it seems like one of those games where anyone who played it became a super fan lol. I will definitely be digging into these files, thanks for sharing.

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The VS2005 was removed yes. But the SP1 update can be obtained here:

This isnt just an update? (Although i know it is needed despite if it is...)

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here is MEGA and Google link. Note if someone DARES to report this i will upload to 30+ more mirrors, and a public tracker torrent file! So dont push it! I dare you people!(Sorry for this note, but there is always one dumb@ss in the crowd... )

Mega:

Google Drive:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here is MEGA and Google link. Note if someone DARES to report this i will upload to 30+ more mirrors, and a public tracker torrent file! So dont push it! I dare you people!(Sorry for this note, but there is always one dumb@ss in the crowd... )

Mega:

Google Drive:

Thumbs up for the style lol. I can also host if someone reports.

Reaction score
Client compiled fine on my Win10 machine. Unfortunately the server isnt compiling as fine, since it gets caught on the mssql :S

Csk0u2S - [Release]City Of Heroes/City Of Villains Source Code [NCSOFT FINAL VERSION] - RaGEZONE Forums

Client can be run by using this command line:
CityOfHeroes.exe -project CohTest
(This will put you in a training shard as per comment: // set training room if this is COHTEST (passed from updater))

You can just type something else there and it should work without training shard

G1XtwEl - [Release]City Of Heroes/City Of Villains Source Code [NCSOFT FINAL VERSION] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
WHAT TE ACTUAL F.... ? :D IF THIS IS WORKING YOU ARE MY HERO MAN!!!!! this is awesome and @DNC please help us with this, if i not mistaken; its half relying on cryptic like structure :D if anyone needs any programming and/or help withthis just tell me :D I am in this project fully if i can help with anything :D

Questions:
-What do we need for compiling?(Dependencies ect..)
-Tequila client will work with this? its the only Issue 24 what i can obtain... I have a boxed version but that is only issue 12-15 with COV but no rogue island...
i would say upload both for the community, also the .piggs files in the client can be used for the server as assets, the database gets build by the db server once its initialize

Back