Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release]City Of Heroes/City Of Villains Source Code [NCSOFT FINAL VERSION]

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Downloaded it. I wont put it out publicly. I will dismantle it sometimes.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
the ncsoft thing that was posted is fake, someone wanted to get out so he faked the legal thing LOL.
Time will tell, but this kinda stuff always makes me roll my eyes because who really knows what is ever happening in these overnight dev teams lol.

In any event, grab some popcorn, a glass of wine, and come laugh your rear off at the unfolding dramatic events in the Discord. What is it about server dev that creates all of this insanity? must be the money lol.

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
OK guys there is some debating with Leo on discord i will go to sleep now, tomorrow ill check up on the subject, if anyone has some files or progress to share please post it here! In the meantime Good night all!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Current dev sources just released on Discord, not the huge 188gb archive.

Is organized and has some info about current progress / setup

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:F2B0B2C038370EA8589D5EC824D089D64B2567E2&dn=CoHDev_Source_Files_Current.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce
This whole story is amazing. Coming in way late to all this and hit that sewer discord. Jesus. So glad there's a nicely detailed thread on rage. [emoji23] I started archiving everything coming out so I'm hoping that between all of us nothing will sneak by and I'll be playing coh at home all summer with buds.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The idea of building a private server for this game has been on my mind for years. Coh/cov has been an important game in my childhood playing with my friends and little brother who now has sadly passed away. It has great emotional value to me.

These resources give me the motivation to invest and create a piece of software to relive one of the most fun games I played.

I'm a professional software developer for years with gamedev experience and we are gonna make this happen!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This whole story is amazing. Coming in way late to all this and hit that sewer discord. Jesus. So glad there's a nicely detailed thread on rage. [emoji23] I started archiving everything coming out so I'm hoping that between all of us nothing will sneak by and I'll be playing coh at home all summer with buds.
I swear there must be some math equation that states more drama = better releases lol

As an on topic update, at least one person has made it in game so far I think. He had to do a lot of finnagling and went to sleep shortly after getting it but some of his troubleshooting was posted in the coding discussion channel. I think he was only using files publically available also.

Edit: He also isnt doing the janky 2x physical server nonsense they were doing for the live realm, his is all localhost.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is this discord server publically available?

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I swear there must be some math equation that states more drama = better releases lol

As an on topic update, at least one person has made it in game so far I think. He had to do a lot of finnagling and went to sleep shortly after getting it but some of his troubleshooting was posted in the coding discussion channel. I think he was only using files publically available also.
Edit: He also isnt doing the janky 2x physical server nonsense they were doing for the live realm, his is all localhost.
'Morning :D Oh i m always amazed by the community :D This game means a lot of me too... ill start to host the torrent and share rightnow. I hope there is a chance to play this with my friends. I would becalm with a I24 server... or any... just work XD

Just to know people:Even if NCSOFT gets after the guy who hosted the server; the code is out there. It cannot be stopped. :D XD Not anymore. Sooner or later any of those people who downloaded it will make an easily usable version from the suorce and anyone will be able to host this on his own. I am eagerly waiting on any update on this :D

In the same time: I dont get this new people's stupidity from ncsoft's side. They are not making money from it. THey event dont care that there is a more thousand people who would want this... I get it they have the rights... ok. But who cares if they are abandoned the thing? And the server's makers are still not making money from it(not yet anyway...) So why they dont let publicly avaliable once they are "milked the cows" ?

Thats grind my gears... Ncsoft is soo stupid. Look at Blizzards private wow servers... they are not donig anything about the private servers, and they have that much money; that i guess they are working on diamond studded golden chairs in the office... Private servers are free advertisements for them... for any mmo... And for all of those people who just playing on the private one and not willing to buy any from the original: they not gonna do it anyway either becouse they are cannot buy it or they dont want to pay for something like this... but using it no one's financial intrests are not hurts...

For example: I bought the game in the golden times, for up today i have the original boxed version of COH/COV issue 14. They shut the server, and i can make a doorstop from my dvdcase... But now... not anymore XD So: What now? I payed for something what i dont get anymore i hade a subscription and all and they just shut it down... I would NEVER buy anything from ncsoft becouse of this case. I will host anything i can for my own entertainment or few friends. But i would NEVER pay for COH again if they would brought back in any way...

OKOK sorry for offtopic, i am done.

Also @GigaToni if what they saying on discord is true, the server could be functional with just about the publicly avaliable resources :D(But as i see you might not able to customise THAT much becouse of the binaries...) I am seeding this stuff people, so if anyone needs grab it.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
From what I heard, NCSoft didn't do anything(yet).
And if I am correct companies need to protect their TM's and such by law!

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Whatever.... for example me and pretty much other people have Neverwinter and Star Trek online source code and no one hurts by that... I think COH will be the same situation. I usually uses with my friends if we are not needed then we are shutting it down. Let to escalate this whole situation :D then well see.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
UPDATE:

New magnet link with updated code from Jerry and a new WIP build doc:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:CCCE574F7F89229B0FC2EF8AD898BE451864863A&dn=CoHDev_Source_Files_Current%28Updated%29.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

Hashes for new file:
MD5: 8D7973E246EAB26F93F8C0333FCC2C9F
SHA256: 7E5B7B474E0DDEF6BD4C89F3C331DCBC14CF0DAB4424F14F241FF5BC531E85B8

Additional resources posted overnight (These could be in the torrent, didn't look yet):

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nevermind. THX for the update :D Already seeding it, what puzzles me that what is the last link? what are those files? I mean what for? i saw music and mostly fankits/icons

Also if any of you intrested i have on my original COH DVD a 6 issue comics in pdf :D

Here it is:

Just for a bit of a relaxing in all of this chaotic events XD

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some of that stuff on spideroak is nice/informative, contains readme's that link back to still active forum threads and support issues. I may end up also ripping all those forum threads and keeping them.

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They are working on a collaboration document on google docs to make a compile guide:

Last edited:
Back