Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release]City Of Heroes/City Of Villains Source Code [NCSOFT FINAL VERSION]

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
where download the i24 client that matched the source???

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
when loading dbserver such errors

Could this be due to the fact that I am using sql server version 2014? Windows 7 is not compatible sql server version 2017.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
With I25 there is no source... only the prebuild stuff... so i24 is not working at all, only the I25 binary only relases..

Raidserver also not working(so no base pvp raids either)

Aye. I'm gonna go back to working with the Issue 24 files instead. Seems to be alright to get intimate with the i25 files for fun but ultimately they'll get replaced with bins from the source since nobody can make any changes to those bins.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@
DevilSpeak could you upload the client to mega or google??thanks

this is directly from my home server, shouldn't have a problem downloading it as fast as google

and anyone else is welcome to download anything there as well..

PS: not promoting my site at all just giving alternate high rate download without the BS

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Incase anyone wants to do this too. What you need to do is login to your character. Go into '/mmm'
and browse to 'Debug Menu > Design Testing > Character Change > Save Character To Common Folder' which then saves your character as a .TXT file in your client folder ':\\CoH\characters\common'. This file has all your characters information including badges, inventory and power information.

I was able to find the syntax of 'S_' and then went through the 'https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Salvage' wiki and one by one added each Salvage, confirming each one in the list worked. You can also do '/rw invention all' which gives you 10 of each salvage item.
Very handy, thanks. I managed to figure out quite a few of them but there are a few that were tricky for me (particularly with endgame stuff).

I also discovered that there's one piece of Invention salvage that's broken, but also what fixes it. The "Ensorcelled Weapon" has a typo in the code. It's showing up as "s_enscorcelledweapon" for those that need it.

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The wors that i tried make this work, was a server with 2+ core and at least 2-4 gb ram... I did tryed just for fun in a dualcore system with 5gb ram and a very low specs gpu (nvidia gt 730 1gb ram)and both the game and the client was working well... slow, but it was working.ON THE SAME MACHINE!!!!

BUT if you are want to serve larger scale of people... Well for the server needs lots of ram... One main city is around 700 mb. One player per slot is 8-15 mb..

So i would say that a reccommended for server is a 4 core machine with 5-6 gb ram. For around 50 people, but the ram is not specific... More the better... If there is only one people in it it consumes for about 300 mb alone. And this rate is exponentially increases as you progress ingame... Main cities ariund 700 mb and smaller maps just 50-100 mbytes

But there is no specificed sysreq....

My system is ws2012r2 8 core 12gb for server. On the server there is no need gpu... The client will run on any older systems capable dx9-8 or on a relatively older nvidia cards

However. IF you are manage to edit and setup your server to make mapserver to start all main cities/map simultaniously, then you will need about 32gb of ram, Plus peoples who connect.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Turns out that fixing the annoying script error that halts your loading when you enter certain door missions has another step. First you need to have:

//MapServerParams
set as:
MapServerParams "-nopopup"

In the servers.cfg in ':\\CoH\data\server\db'

Then you need to ALSO add it to the client shortcut you use. So example it would look like
"E:\CoH Client\Score.exe" -db 127.0.0.1 -patchdir score -noversioncheck -project "coh" -nopopup

This makes it so that you don't have to keep clicking 'Ok' on script errors when you're using a character with high access level.

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@i have a dual core machine 2 core 2 thread 2 ghz as server,but it has 8 gb ram,can i make this work on lan?its for myself only
Note:all my other servers works

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
how to enable the client window mode? dont play in game..the config in regedit table???

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@i have a dual core machine 2 core 2 thread 2 ghz as server,but it has 8 gb ram,can i make this work on lan?its for myself only
Note:all my other servers works

Of course! I did it on a AMDX2 Athlon 3Ghz Dualcore, with 5GB ram. AND i played and hosted on the same machine... so...
You need a good GPU... only for the client. Nothing else. On dualcore you might experience slower map loading but thats all...

how to enable the client window mode? dont play in game..the config in regedit table???

ALT+ENTER ingame. After that you can resize the window however you want with mouse. Cheers.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
now,i cant play in game....because ..i dont see the login button.resolution is seted big. 1920*1080

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Restart perhaps...? or put back into fullscreen set the resolution to 1024*768, and alt enter again...?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you're still having resolution issues and Alt+Enter isn't working, there are two parameters you put into your client shortcut.
-screen 800 600 -fullscreen 0

So your shortcut would look like:

"E:\CoH\Score.exe" -db 127.0.0.1 -patchdir score -noversioncheck -project "coh" -nopopup -screen 1024 768 -fullscreen 0

Then it should automatically start in windowed mode at 1024x768.

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I made a small commandline tool / launcher for the client:

Source is in that also.(written in Delphi 7) there is compiled one, just copy the exe and the launcher.ini to the client's folder(where is score.exe) Start the COH_LAUNCHER_2.exe and setup the settings in settings tab(or compile the launcher for yourself. You decide.)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Raidserver also not working(so no base pvp raids either)

\bin\data\defs\itemOfPowerInfo.def

Code:
DaysGameLasts  30
DaysCathedralIsOpen  5
ChanceOfGettingUnique  30
allowScheduledRaids  0
ItemOfPower  1
Server starts with this, I just gave it rando ItemOfPower of "1". Not sure what that it is really, the rest I got from source.
MeGaMaX - [Release]City Of Heroes/City Of Villains Source Code [NCSOFT FINAL VERSION] - RaGEZONE Forums
raidserver - [Release]City Of Heroes/City Of Villains Source Code [NCSOFT FINAL VERSION] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you are put the def file into the folder, the raid server starts, however if you restart the server the DB serwer will crash. It will only start if you remove DEF folder. So if you are copying the def file and starting raid server AFTER the server booted it will work... however if you are restarting the server it wont work... the whole server.

Update: If you are making a separate folder and copy the server files and create the def files you can use the raid server as separate, but i dont know if it will work correctly or not...

Last edited:
Back