Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need help setting up BnS Private Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know the interest in this game is somewhat declining. But Ive been stuck at it for 3 days. Tried multiple ways to no avail. Maybe I inserted the IP's wrong or some sort. If anyone is successful in helping, a small sum of payment(AUD) is given through paypal if you like. DM in discord is preferred but you can message me on RageZone. First Come First Serve. First to help me setup the server, and login the game receives payment. No shenanigans :p.

Ill edit the post if someone has successfully helped me.

Through VM by argeus99 [Link: http://forum.ragezone.com/f1025/blade-soul-vm-1178910/]
Little context of what I'm experiencing right now or trying to do:
When trying to create an account through AuthSrv:
Chadster - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

All Daemons are up and running
All Spawnsrv services are stable
Yet still getting a timeout response.

Through my own desktop with all the correct packages installed(maybe?):
However, this time AuthSrv did create an account for me and stored it into the database, however I still wasn't able to login. Even the test001 account didn't work. Also tried with test001@ncsoft.com

All Daemons were up and running
All Spawnsrv services were stable
Client version China-v175

More details will be provided in Discord DM's or RageZone PM Inbox. I reside in Oceania so care for time zone difference.

Discord: Chadster#1090

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah I changed it to my WAN-IP.

Ok ill explain everything what I did below:

My network configuration:
WAN-IP(Router): 192.168.20.2
LAN-IP/IPv4: 192.168.1.hidden
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Public IP(Don't think I needed this), but its here to show: 125.***.1**.**
idOPVmy - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 4.1.
4.1: Go to LobbyDB open GameWorldCluster table and change the ip's to your wan-ip // 192.168.20.2
dpY1zgk - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 5.1.
5.1: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\StServers\Bin\Config filter *.ini Find: 10.10.66.88 replace to your local ip Ex:192.168.1.10. // 192.168.1.hidden
6DrIvka - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 5.1.1.
5.1.1: Open network.ini and on addr = Gar, GarStage, 10.10.66.* replace to you local ip ex 192.168.1.*. // Tried 192.168.1.* , 255.255.255.* /and/ 255.255.255.0
f1TpsKA - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 5.4.
5.4: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\service\ filter *.xml Find: 43.240.74.89 Replace with your wan IP. // 192.168.20.2
FiyWbGj - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 5.5.
5.5: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\service\ filter *.xml Find: 10.10.66.88 replace with 127.0.0.1. // Tried both 127.0.0.1(localhost) and my LAN-IP/IPv4: 192.168.1.hidden(online-play)
irYmqPo - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 8.
8: Editing the client ip address, inside the config.dat.files folder open release.config2.xml and edit the ips to your wan-ip <option name="lobby-gate-address" value="WAN-IP" /> <option name="np-address" value="WAN-IP" /> // 192.168.20.2
x5af6SP - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Both bnsgrnTH and bnsgrnVN
skzmtq8 - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

What I followed:
1: Extract service, StServers, BS_Data and Tools to you D: disk (Already Done by the VM)

2: Install rubyinstaller-2.6.5-1-x64(don't execute at the end of the installation) (Already Done by the VM)

3: Install MSVBCRT.AIO.2019.10.19.X86+X64 (Already Done by the VM)

4: Open SQL Server Management Studio and run the query 附加.sql you can find it inside the D:\Tools folder (Already Done by the VM)

4.1: Go to LobbyDB open GameWorldCluster table and change the ip's to your wan-ip and to change server name open GameWorld table and change WorldName for what your want. ( Changed by me )

5: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\StServers\Bin\Config filter *.ini Find: FSmElsXuj3ls8Fq Replace with your sql password. (No need to replace, MSSQL Management Studio has been setup to have the same password by the VM)

5.1: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\StServers\Bin\Config filter *.ini Find: 10.10.66.88 replace to your local ip Ex:192.168.1.10. ( Changed by me )

5.1.1: Open network.ini and on addr = Gar, GarStage, 10.10.66.* replace to you local ip ex 192.168.1.*. ( Changed by me )

5.2: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\service\DBConfig filter *.cfg Find: FSmElsXuj3ls8Fq Replace with your sql password. (No need to replace, MSSQL Management Studio has been setup to have the same password by the VM)

5.3: for db_dsn.dat and managementd_db_dsn.dat is better open on notepad++ and change the password automatic replacement may break the file and the server will not be able to read it. (Already Done by the VM)

5.4: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\service\ filter *.xml Find: 43.240.74.89 Replace with your wan IP. ( Changed by me )

5.5: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\service\ filter *.xml Find: 10.10.66.88 replace with 127.0.0.1. ( Changed by me )

6: Open D:\service\ArenaDaemon01\bin\gamed.config.xml and D:\service\GameDaemon01\bin\gamed.config.xml with notepad++ and search for <option name='public-addr-range' value=''/> and <option name='internal-addr-range' value=''/> and 0.0.0.0/0 inside the value=''. (Already Done by the VM)

7: On the folder D:\StServers\Bin\ run Install and check on windows services if you have a new service called "NCsoft.302 SpawnSrv" if yes start it if its not running if not open the prompt command as administrator navigate to D:\StServers\Bin\ folder and run the command "service.rb --install" (Already Done by the VM)

7.1: open and check if all Applications are running if yes you are good. (Always checked)

8: Editing the client ip address tools.rar extract 客户端dat文件解包打包工具.rar BnsDatTool.exe on the first tab open\contents\Local\GARENA\data\config.dat select it and extract now inside the config.dat.files folder open release.config2.xml and edit the ips to your wan-ip <option name="lobby-gate-address" value="WAN-IP" /> <option name="np-address" value="WAN-IP" /> ( Changed by me )

9: Create a bat file inside the bin folder with the command "start Client.exe /LaunchByLauncher /LoginMode 2" or create a shortcut of client.exe and add this args /LaunchByLauncher /LoginMode 2. (Done)

10: Starting the server! download StartServer.7z and extract it anywere you want open the folder and run all shortcuts in order(if you have 8gb or less you need to wat a bit before opeaning the next exe).(Done and, I have 32GBs of RAM in total, granted 16GBs to the VM)

11: you can login with the account test001/123456. (Tried many times)

Maybe I put in the wrong combination of IP's.

Thanks

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Yeah I changed it to my WAN-IP.

Ok ill explain everything what I did below:

My network configuration:
WAN-IP(Router): 192.168.20.2
LAN-IP/IPv4: 192.168.1.hidden
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Public IP(Don't think I needed this), but its here to show: 125.***.1**.**
idOPVmy - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 4.1.
4.1: Go to LobbyDB open GameWorldCluster table and change the ip's to your wan-ip // 192.168.20.2
dpY1zgk - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 5.1.
5.1: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\StServers\Bin\Config filter *.ini Find: 10.10.66.88 replace to your local ip Ex:192.168.1.10. // 192.168.1.hidden
6DrIvka - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 5.1.1.
5.1.1: Open network.ini and on addr = Gar, GarStage, 10.10.66.* replace to you local ip ex 192.168.1.*. // Tried 192.168.1.* , 255.255.255.* /and/ 255.255.255.0
f1TpsKA - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 5.4.
5.4: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\service\ filter *.xml Find: 43.240.74.89 Replace with your wan IP. // 192.168.20.2
FiyWbGj - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 5.5.
5.5: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\service\ filter *.xml Find: 10.10.66.88 replace with 127.0.0.1. // Tried both 127.0.0.1(localhost) and my LAN-IP/IPv4: 192.168.1.hidden(online-play)
irYmqPo - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 8.
8: Editing the client ip address, inside the config.dat.files folder open release.config2.xml and edit the ips to your wan-ip <option name="lobby-gate-address" value="WAN-IP" /> <option name="np-address" value="WAN-IP" /> // 192.168.20.2
x5af6SP - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Both bnsgrnTH and bnsgrnVN
skzmtq8 - Need help setting up BnS Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

What I followed:
1: Extract service, StServers, BS_Data and Tools to you D: disk (Already Done by the VM)

2: Install rubyinstaller-2.6.5-1-x64(don't execute at the end of the installation) (Already Done by the VM)

3: Install MSVBCRT.AIO.2019.10.19.X86+X64 (Already Done by the VM)

4: Open SQL Server Management Studio and run the query 附加.sql you can find it inside the D:\Tools folder (Already Done by the VM)

4.1: Go to LobbyDB open GameWorldCluster table and change the ip's to your wan-ip and to change server name open GameWorld table and change WorldName for what your want. ( Changed by me )

5: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\StServers\Bin\Config filter *.ini Find: FSmElsXuj3ls8Fq Replace with your sql password. (No need to replace, MSSQL Management Studio has been setup to have the same password by the VM)

5.1: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\StServers\Bin\Config filter *.ini Find: 10.10.66.88 replace to your local ip Ex:192.168.1.10. ( Changed by me )

5.1.1: Open network.ini and on addr = Gar, GarStage, 10.10.66.* replace to you local ip ex 192.168.1.*. ( Changed by me )

5.2: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\service\DBConfig filter *.cfg Find: FSmElsXuj3ls8Fq Replace with your sql password. (No need to replace, MSSQL Management Studio has been setup to have the same password by the VM)

5.3: for db_dsn.dat and managementd_db_dsn.dat is better open on notepad++ and change the password automatic replacement may break the file and the server will not be able to read it. (Already Done by the VM)

5.4: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\service\ filter *.xml Find: 43.240.74.89 Replace with your wan IP. ( Changed by me )

5.5: Open notepad++ and search on files folder: D:\service\ filter *.xml Find: 10.10.66.88 replace with 127.0.0.1. ( Changed by me )

6: Open D:\service\ArenaDaemon01\bin\gamed.config.xml and D:\service\GameDaemon01\bin\gamed.config.xml with notepad++ and search for <option name='public-addr-range' value=''/> and <option name='internal-addr-range' value=''/> and 0.0.0.0/0 inside the value=''. (Already Done by the VM)

7: On the folder D:\StServers\Bin\ run Install and check on windows services if you have a new service called "NCsoft.302 SpawnSrv" if yes start it if its not running if not open the prompt command as administrator navigate to D:\StServers\Bin\ folder and run the command "service.rb --install" (Already Done by the VM)

7.1: open and check if all Applications are running if yes you are good. (Always checked)

8: Editing the client ip address tools.rar extract 客户端dat文件解包打包工具.rar BnsDatTool.exe on the first tab open\contents\Local\GARENA\data\config.dat select it and extract now inside the config.dat.files folder open release.config2.xml and edit the ips to your wan-ip <option name="lobby-gate-address" value="WAN-IP" /> <option name="np-address" value="WAN-IP" /> ( Changed by me )

9: Create a bat file inside the bin folder with the command "start Client.exe /LaunchByLauncher /LoginMode 2" or create a shortcut of client.exe and add this args /LaunchByLauncher /LoginMode 2. (Done)

10: Starting the server! download StartServer.7z and extract it anywere you want open the folder and run all shortcuts in order(if you have 8gb or less you need to wat a bit before opeaning the next exe).(Done and, I have 32GBs of RAM in total, granted 16GBs to the VM)

11: you can login with the account test001/123456. (Tried many times)

Maybe I put in the wrong combination of IP's.

Thanks

Hey, don't mess too much with lan/wan ip. Try to set everything to your lan IP like 192.168.1.10 (to be honest doesn't make sense to hide your local ip when 192.168.* is the standard for private ips)

So make everything to 192.168.1.10 for server and client (leave 5.1.1 as is 192.168.1.*) restart the NCSoft service, start the server and hope it works to you. Also make sure to disable firewall i don't really remember if i excluded the server ports

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, don't mess too much with lan/wan ip. Try to set everything to your lan IP like 192.168.1.10 (to be honest doesn't make sense to hide your local ip when 192.168.* is the standard for private ips) So make everything to 192.168.1.10 for server and client (leave 5.1.1 as is 192.168.1.*) restart the NCSoft service, start the server and hope it works to you. Also make sure to disable firewall i don't really remember if i excluded the server ports
Hey that seems to work, confirms that the vm server/client can communicate on LAN ip, but that's only if I wanted to play solo correct?, Sorry I should've said that I wanted to host the server so that my friends could join and play. Is there a way to connect them through my LAN? I tried port forwarding all the server ports to the lan-ip and changed the client ip addresses to my public-ip(also tried lan-ip) but still doesn't work(firewalls on both vm and pc are off) .$50-70 AUD is on offer. heh. Happy to pay more, if the problem is complex. NOTE: I don't mind giving remote access to the right person to solve this problem. PM my inbox. :p

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hey that seems to work, confirms that the vm server/client can communicate on LAN ip, but that's only if I wanted to play solo correct?, Sorry I should've said that I wanted to host the server so that my friends could join and play. Is there a way to connect them through my LAN? I tried port forwarding all the server ports to the lan-ip and changed the client ip addresses to my public-ip(also tried lan-ip) but still doesn't work(firewalls on both vm and pc are off) .$50-70 AUD is on offer. heh. Happy to pay more, if the problem is complex. NOTE: I don't mind giving remote access to the right person to solve this problem. PM my inbox. :p

What i did was setting up a vpn network, set a static address for the server vm, and gtg (replace every single wan ip with the vpn addr)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What i did was setting up a vpn network, set a static address for the server vm, and gtg (replace every single wan ip with the vpn addr)

Ill give that a go, is this setting up a vpn network at home/router? or purchasing a vpn service(e.g.ExpressVPN)? if so, which one did you use

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I also need help setting up a server, can somebody help me?i have been trying for weeks

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im sorry what is the ruby and msvbrct for??? its mention on bigining but never again 0.o

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have a vm with pfsense, so I set openvpn server on it

LMAO I don't think you know how VPN works for this particular lan multiplayer mode. Those VPN that you mentioned are for changing your external IP aka what is your IP. Hamachi, Zerotier and many more are the correct VPN you're needed to use for private servers. Which totally helps you avoid port forwarding.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
LMAO I don't think you know how VPN works for this particular lan multiplayer mode. Those VPN that you mentioned are for changing your external IP aka what is your IP. Hamachi, Zerotier and many more are the correct VPN you're needed to use for private servers. Which totally helps you avoid port forwarding.

huh? i make it work for play with friends and not for public and wtf pfsense for change my external ip? you even know for what is pfsense used for?, dunno why u tell this nonsense

Upvote 0
Back