Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

"2017" & "2020" on VMware

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Greetings,
Can someone enlighten me?
I would like to put this serverfiles on an online VPS to stop using my PC resources. Can such a thing be done?
If this can be done, please leave me a tutorial or some information to succeed
Thank you very much!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
YESSS!!! It can be done! I did it not long ago! I am using on baremetal machine this same version :D

For the sake of the simplicity iwill upload to you this pack this contains everything for migration from this pack:
Cdrive.rar: All emulator things from C drive from the VM in the forst post
Ddrive.rar: All emulator things from the drive D from the VM in the forst post
Desktop.rar: Desktop icons from the vm.

Get the pack from here:

ALL STEPS ARE EXECUTED WITH ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT, SOU YOU NEED ELEVATED ACCESS!

PREQUISITE: Export your mssql database tables from your VM! OR you can use the clean ones provided inside DDrive.rar
You will need some software, i used a windows server 2012r2(since it was the VM system also)
Also you will need an MSSQL server, i used MSSQL local server 2017...
You will need Ruby too. it is inside the Ddrive.rar\Tools\APPs\rubyinstaller-2.6.5-1-x64.exe

I will give you a vague steps since i dont remember exactly how i did that since i did not wrote down the whole process and it was few months back now... THEESE STEPS ARE NOT PRECISE! Its just a light guideline, YOU MIGHT NEED TO DO EXTRA STEPS THAT I CAN'T/WONT TROUBLESHOOT! Errors/problems may occour.

So approximately i did this with the archive:

1. So install ruby to C:\Ruby26-x64

2. Extract Cdrive.rar to C:\ overwrite existing ruby.

3. Extract DDrive.rar to a folder to C:(if you have Drive d extract it there, but if you dont have drive d: then read on...)now... you should have a drive d, but if you have not you can create a "fake one" by the command SUBST(or you can edit all files/links but that is time consuming, so i recommend to create a D: drive with subst command, check the ...)

4. Now, install MSSQL server 2017(local server), with sa password and in mssql studio import the databases, one by one. It is a slow and long and repetitive task/procedure but well... you need to do it once... from the folder: D drive - Sqls_NeWs\*.bak all bak files(theese are the clean ones). One by one.(BUT! You can export your db from the used VM and YOU CAN import it to this one!)

For this use total commander or such a program that can search inside files...
Search all files that contains: 192.168.3.88 and change it to your
server's IP adress. ALL of them(you can skip log files though)
Search thru in drive C and Drive D or all of the extracted folders and replace all in all files...

6. Search all files that contains
DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=127.0.0.1,1433;UID=sa;PWD=FSmElsXuj3ls8Fq and change it to your own sa password that you are installed with your own MSSQL server. and change it to that.

7. Put all Desktop.rar icons to your server's desktop. Check if all shortcuts are valid and/or change them to the correcponding folders.

8. you need to install the RUBY service inside the Ddrive extracted folder or inside the virtual folder: StServers\Bin\install.lnk

9. From this point, if you are ok the icons SHOULD work as it did in the VM.

IMPORTANT!!! After your server restarts make sure your SUBST is in place and happenning BEFORE the server starts otherwise the server will not work at all... so after every restart you need to subst again the D drive folder.. (YES you can edit all things in files to point to C:\ instead of D:\ drive; but i dont know what do you need to change, i did not do that to my server i am using virtual drive D.)

You need to edit your client to point it to your server's IP adress/domain.

Have fun, i hope this helps some.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe it would be better if you added this to the Blade and Soul tutorials.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f1024/

Yea well as i said at the top of this "steps" it is not entirely accurate since i wrote it from my memory not a thing that i did just now, all i have is my migrated archives at hand... so i MIGHT left out some steps or anything, so this is just a guideline... not a traditional tutorial step by step solution... (as i said it is happened a few months back now so i dont remember to every step clearly now.. ) that is why i did not put this into the tutorials...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Fast question, i did everything what say'd in first post, launched client, logged into loby creating character, when i try select server BnS, it says: This server is currently unavailable due to maintenance. what i did wrong? how to fix it? Thx for answer.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fast question, i did everything what say'd in first post, launched client, logged into loby creating character, when i try select server BnS, it says: This server is currently unavailable due to maintenance. what i did wrong? how to fix it? Thx for answer.

I didn't modify anything in the VM, i waited for the consoles to run correctly
and i created the character without any problem.

Everything works fine...

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I really want to share this with you, my VM BnS 2020... :junglejane:
I know, i know!! There are already 2 topics for VM BnS 2020,
but i want to share because it turned out good, simple to use and
also these VM's don't have my fixes.
This VM is lighter and there are no crashes, also i drastically reduced the long errors.
The data folder has been compressed and renamed to GameData_GARENA.
I also added the @ashlay fixes, and also the drops are better.
I hope you have fun with this :lol::)::D:
VM:

Awesome. Which client is best to use with this? Since there are so many different ones lol i got lost xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried to start your VM, but I got an Error...
Robyson - "2017" & "2020" on VMware - RaGEZONE Forums

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
anyone can re-upload or link of the client? my account in mega always limit. thanks and good job sir for sharing.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
anyone can help me only Game Daemon Team Party automatic close? the others is working fine. Please help thanks

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
YESSS!!! It can be done! I did it not long ago! I am using on baremetal machine this same version :D

For the sake of the simplicity iwill upload to you this pack this contains everything for migration from this pack:
Cdrive.rar: All emulator things from C drive from the VM in the forst post
Ddrive.rar: All emulator things from the drive D from the VM in the forst post
Desktop.rar: Desktop icons from the vm.

Get the pack from here:

ALL STEPS ARE EXECUTED WITH ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT, SOU YOU NEED ELEVATED ACCESS!

PREQUISITE: Export your mssql database tables from your VM! OR you can use the clean ones provided inside DDrive.rar
You will need some software, i used a windows server 2012r2(since it was the VM system also)
Also you will need an MSSQL server, i used MSSQL local server 2017...
You will need Ruby too. it is inside the Ddrive.rar\Tools\APPs\rubyinstaller-2.6.5-1-x64.exe

I will give you a vague steps since i dont remember exactly how i did that since i did not wrote down the whole process and it was few months back now... THEESE STEPS ARE NOT PRECISE! Its just a light guideline, YOU MIGHT NEED TO DO EXTRA STEPS THAT I CAN'T/WONT TROUBLESHOOT! Errors/problems may occour.

So approximately i did this with the archive:

1. So install ruby to C:\Ruby26-x64

Extract Cdrive.rar to C:\ overwrite existing ruby.

3. Extract DDrive.rar to a folder to C:(if you have Drive d extract it there, but if you dont have drive d: then read on...)now... you should have a drive d, but if you have not you can create a "fake one" by the command SUBST(or you can edit all files/links but that is time consuming, so i recommend to create a D: drive with subst command, check the ...)

4. Now, install MSSQL server 2017(local server), with sa password and in mssql studio import the databases, one by one. It is a slow and long and repetitive task/procedure but well... you need to do it once... from the folder: D drive - Sqls_NeWs\*.bak all bak files(theese are the clean ones). One by one.(BUT! You can export your db from the used VM and YOU CAN import it to this one!)

5. For this use total commander or such a program that can search inside files...
Search all files that contains: 192.168.3.88 and change it to your
server's IP adress. ALL of them(you can skip log files though)
Search thru in drive C and Drive D or all of the extracted folders and replace all in all files...

6. Search all files that contains
DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=127.0.0.1,1433;UID=sa;PWD=FSmElsXuj3ls8Fq and change it to your own sa password that you are installed with your own MSSQL server. and change it to that.

7. Put all Desktop.rar icons to your server's desktop. Check if all shortcuts are valid and/or change them to the correcponding folders.

8. you need to install the RUBY service inside the Ddrive extracted folder or inside the virtual folder: StServers\Bin\install.lnk

From this point, if you are ok the icons SHOULD work as it did in the VM.

IMPORTANT!!! After your server restarts make sure your SUBST is in place and happenning BEFORE the server starts otherwise the server will not work at all... so after every restart you need to subst again the D drive folder.. (YES you can edit all things in files to point to C:\ instead of D:\ drive; but i dont know what do you need to change, i did not do that to my server i am using virtual drive D.)

10. You need to edit your client to point it to your server's IP adress/domain.

Have fun, i hope this helps some.
this version fine with sql 2019..?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I can't use Sqls.bak in Sql Server 2019, i had some problems,
i recommend using Sql Server 2008.

The intention of setting up this VM, was to make it very light, so i think it worked.
i am reading all comment, and someone said using sql 2017
for last trying configure game, i am using 2012

Back